Stuck! First Time Grower

• Thread starter SBHigh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SBHigh

I recently attempted to start growing my own plants. Everything seemed to be going well until I noticed the plants just kind of been at a standstill. I dont know if its the lighting or soil. I just want to figure out what can i do from this point. btw the plants are starting to fall.

RedEyeShaggy

RedEyeShaggy

Have you checked your Ph? could be a nutrient deficiency problem. What do your plants look like?

S

SBHigh

IMG 01151

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Looks like overwatering. Do not PH your water. Are you using tap water or well water? What are you using for soil? Overall they look good. You just gots hold em up sometimes till they get there stalk strength.

xenon730

xenon730

those are stretched seedlings. stake them with a kebab skewer and a twist tie and lower your light or buy a stronger one. what light are you using and how high up was it when this picture was taken. nothing to do with anything else and they're not normal looking.

tell us your light so we can tell you how close to put it. they look healthy otherwise though, nothing to panic about. if you lower the light they'll strengthen up fine and be perfectly healthy.

S

SBHigh

Looks like overwatering. Do not PH your water. Are you using tap water or well water? What are you using for soil? Overall they look good. You just gots hold em up sometimes till they get there stalk strength.
Ive been using bottled water room temperature. as for the soil im using royal gold tupur

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Filtered tap water would be better. Just filter the chlorine out. Royal gold is good to. Bottled water is filtered to the point that it takes a lot of minerals that are efficient for plant life. The soil and filtered tap water have plenty of minerals and nutrients to support a young marijuana plant. Let them dry out to the point that they are moist. I usually go by the weight of the pot to tell if I need to feed again.

xenon730

xenon730

Ive been using bottled water room temperature. as for the soil im using royal gold tupur
this is absolutely not caused by over watering or water quality. they are stretched to reach for light. that advice is still solid though just don't think buying a ph meter or water filter will fix this. this is a very obvious reaction and very easy to spot and correct.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I recently attempted to start growing my own plants. Everything seemed to be going well until I noticed the plants just kind of been at a standstill. I dont know if its the lighting or soil. I just want to figure out what can i do from this point. btw the plants are starting to fall.
A little word of advice. There's a lot of different ideas here. Don't believe everything peeps here tell you. For example I could be full of shit, but you'd never know it. But I'm not
IMG 1801
if I was I wouldn't be harvesting this next weekend. Do diligence is the best way to approach what the peeps say here. Shit if I had this shit when I started growing I'd be way beyond where I'm at now.

xenon730

xenon730

A little word of advice. There's a lot of different ideas here. Don't believe everything peeps here tell you. For example I could be full of shit, but you'd never know it. But I'm notView attachment 678192if I was I wouldn't be harvesting this next weekend. Do diligence is the best way to approach what the peeps say here. Shit if I had this shit when I started growing I'd be way beyond where I'm at now.
it's not my fault you can't recognize a simple problem. if you've never experienced this or tested for it, you might not know it. but just Google it, don't take my word for it. anybody who knows anything in this game, knows this is a stretching seedling. can you even tell it only has 2 leaves and it's cotyledons? that's his best advice yet and anyone who knows anything will see what I'm saying this is painfully obvious. anyone can buy a dispensary, few can grow. Google stretching seedling and go to images. notice the 2 first round leaves? those aren't leaves. they're nutrient pockets from the seedling to grow. with proper light, this plant should be 2" tall approximately. but again, research, don't just take advice. i promise you this is a stretched seedling and will cost you $0. that's my word.

my only motivation here is to save you money and teach you the truth.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
it's not my fault you can't recognize a simple problem. if you've never experienced this or tested for it, you might not know it. but just Google it, don't take my word for it. anybody who knows anything in this game, knows this is a stretching seedling. can you even tell it only has 2 leaves and it's cotyledons? that's his best advice yet and anyone who knows anything will see what I'm saying this is painfully obvious. anyone can buy a dispensary, few can grow. Google stretching seedling and go to images. notice the 2 first round leaves? those aren't leaves. they're nutrient pockets from the seedling to grow. with proper light, this plant should be 2" tall approximately. but again, research, don't just take advice.
I believe you. No need for me to google. I'm one of those stupid guys that likes to learn from my mistakes.lol

S

SBHigh

A little word of advice. There's a lot of different ideas here. Don't believe everything peeps here tell you. For example I could be full of shit, but you'd never know it. But I'm notView attachment 678192if I was I wouldn't be harvesting this next weekend. Do diligence is the best way to approach what the peeps say here. Shit if I had this shit when I started growing I'd be way beyond where I'm at now.
im trying to get to that point one day lol.

xenon730

xenon730

I believe you. No need for me to google. I'm one of those stupid guys that likes to learn from my mistakes.lol
sorry, i really wasnt trying to get on you but i know this problem and i just pictured this guy panicking and buying meters and water and getting talked into nutrients at a hydro store. i see it all the time. I'm sorry for being like this but i promise my motivation was to protect a new grower, not bother you.

you are wrong about this problem and anyone can post photos here like that. sorry you can't get past the personal but seriously check out stretched seedlings. I'll buy you some seeds if you don't come around. i respect anyone in this game, theres just no easy way to say it, especially online.

Last edited:
iKharon

iKharon

Super stretch... here's my younglings... not like that super stretched craziness. This was like 2 weeks ago or so... now... they are like the second picture.. no crazy stretch and a few nodes up.. now alternating trays cuz I dropped the t5 like 6-8" away to prevent crazy stretch.

IMG 0795
IMG 0902
IMG 0917
IMG 0887
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
sorry, i really wasnt trying to get on you but i know this problem and i just pictured this guy panicking and buying meters and water and getting talked into nutrients at a hydro store. i see it all the time. I'm sorry for being like this but i promise my motivation was to protect a new grower, not bother you.
It's all good. No nutes for seedlings. Screw those overpriced Hydro stores.

xenon730

xenon730

op what light are you using? lights need to be placed a certain range depending on technology. since your problem was caused by misplacement of your light, we need to know what you're using so we can instruct you on fixing it.

also, bragging to new users and not learning when wrong should be red flags someone doesn't know what theyre talking about. there's no requirement to post a lot here or to post pictures of any harvest. anyone who can't tell this is stretched seedlings is not past the beginning stages of learning gardening in general(and make no mistake, growing cannabis is gardening/farming like growing any other agricultural crop) or didn't even look at your picture because it clearly demonstrates a very, very obvious problem any moderately experienced grower or even home gardener should recognize. let us know what light you're using and this will be fixed in no time. use the twist ties holding them up to stake them to a pencil or kebab skewer. don't force it to go straight or you may crack the skin. if you do, tape it and it will be fine. these plants may stay a little crooked forever if they've hardened a little. plants can start horizontal from this and grow fine, bent, but fine. easy to fix, very obvious problem.

Last edited:
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
op what light are you using? lights need to be placed a certain range depending on technology. since your problem was caused by misplacement of your light, we need to know what you're using so we can instruct you on fixing it.

also, bragging to new users and not learning when wrong should be red flags someone doesn't know what theyre talking about. there's no requirement to post a lot here or to post pictures of any harvest. anyone who can't tell this is stretched seedlings is not past the beginning stages of learning gardening in general(and make no mistake, growing cannabis is gardening/farming like growing any other agricultural crop) or didn't even look at your picture because it clearly demonstrates a very, very obvious problem any moderately experienced grower or even home gardener should recognize. let us know what light you're using and this will be fixed in no time. use the twist ties holding them up to stake them to a pencil or kebab skewer. don't force it to go straight or you may crack the skin. if you do, tape it and it will be fine. these plants may stay a little crooked forever if they've hardened a little. plants can start horizontal from this and grow fine, bent, but fine. easy to fix, very obvious problem.
Pictures of people's gardens does help.

Latest posts

Top Bottom