Study: Plant-derived Cannabinoid Extract More Efficacious Than Isolated Compound

• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
This is awesome. This affirms what we patientss have known all along. That nothing the drug companies can fabricate stand up to our "Whole Plant" medicine. Good stuff. Looks like your not getting a lot of support GW Pharma

holding-marijuana-leaf1.jpg

JERUSALEM — The administration of plant-derived cannabidiol(CBD) extracts provide greater efficacy in the treatment of pain and inflammation than does the use of a purified CBD alternative, according to preclinical data published online ahead of print in the journal Pharmacology & Pharmacy.

Investigators at the Hebrew University, Institute for Drug Research assessed the anti-inflammatory and anti-nociceptive activities of plant-derived CBD extracts in animals.

Researchers reported that extracts derived from a CBD-dominant strain of cannabis provided a wider therapeutic window than did the administration of a purified form of CBD provided by a German pharmaceutical company.

Authors concluded that the administration of plant-derived extracts is “superior” to the use of synthetic CBD in the treatment of certain inflammatory diseases.

“Our findings [show] that CBD in the presence of other plant constituents improve the dose-response,” authors reported. “The higher efficiency of plant extract might be explained by additive or synergistic interactions between CBD and minor phytocannabinoids or non-cannabinoids presented in the extracts.”

They concluded: “A lot of research has been made to isolate and characterize isolated single constituents of traditional herbal medicine to find their rationale for therapeutic uses. However, our data together with those of others provide (legitimacy) to introduce a new generation of phytopharmaceuticals to treat diseases that have hitherto been treated using synthetic drugs alone.”

Full text of the study, “Overcoming the bell-shaped dose-response of cannabidiol using cannabis extract enriched in cannabidiol,” appears online at http://www.scirp.org/Journal/PaperInformation.aspx?PaperID=53912#.VRnYTGaACxV.

http://www.thedailychronic.net/2015...binoid-extract-efficacious-isolated-compound/

420circuit

420circuit

The dosage amounts for CBD oil are pretty high, looks like 1-2 grams per day if I understand the data, 25mg per kilo was mentioned as optimum for oral delivery. The highest dose that I have tried is 650mg, a filled size 0 capsule. 3 of these in a single day is the next test, as soon as I can make enough oil from the CBD plants in a couple weeks. There is a small amount of THC in the oil that may be relevant at the higher dosage, the 100mg doses the I have been taking are mild enough for all day use, over a gram may be problematic.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
@420circuit What condition are you treating with your CDB regime? Not being nosy just seeking knowledge.

And how is the therapy working for you??

420circuit

420circuit

Had brain surgery to remove a glioma in 2010, an ependymoma, followed by radiation,so am trying to prevent a regrowth with daily cannabis oil. The gram a day routine that Simpson describes is harder than it looks, I can take around 200mg, with half CBD, but beyond that is difficult unless weekend evening. My overall health has steadily improved since starting the oil. It seems to be working for the primary purpose, no tumors detected and I get to sleep at night.:D

420circuit

420circuit

I participate in a couple support groups and have brought up cannabis oil a couple times, but it seems that most patients are not interested. This surprises me. When I read that cannabis oil inhibits glioma tumor growth, hey, it was huge, like have a party, start consuming a lot of cannabis to survive, finally my luck improved. :D

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I participate in a couple support groups and have brought up cannabis oil a couple times, but it seems that most patients are not interested. This surprises me. When I read that cannabis oil inhibits glioma tumor growth, hey, it was huge, like have a party, start consuming a lot of cannabis to survive, finally my luck improved. :D
@420circuit Thanks for sharing that my friend. I send positive vibes your way in hopes that you are done with this disease. Thanks again for sharing.:D

420circuit

420circuit

The cannabis extract that I make is what I believe has the best chance of working, a whole plant extract made with Everclear and blended with coconut oil. I have decided to grow "pure" CBD plants in addition to the Indica dominant hybrids, in order to make a fully decarb'ed CBD oil, which requires a little different process, so I have recently been taking both in an attempt to increase my intake of the oils without becoming a zombie. Also juice the fan leaves a couple times a week and get a lot of exercise, no kidding it seems to be working. Will look into the frankincense, sounds like a good one. I made up some caps with Manuka honey, Ceylon cinnamon and Black Seed Oil, along with 51mg of cannabis oil made from several strains, calling them anti-cancer caps. Don't know if they will help, but the curry burps make them feel like they are doing something.:D

I'd like to suggest that anyone making cannabis oil as medicine for someone else to be sure about the safety of their product. Residual solvents, mold, pesticide and a host of other problems can really screw up a sick person so please be ultra careful if you are going to make something to be used by people with compromised immune systems. I am not sure about butane extractions, there may be more to the reported positive results than simple THC. There are a lot of reports of an "entourage effect" resulting from having a large collection of compounds from the plant included in the dose. Also, please try to accept the data from real research and not get caught up in the "know it all" syndrome that seems to be so popular among cannabis artists. So many folks behave as if they have figured out how to cure cancer, when all we really have are some tantalizing reports, isolated anecdotal stories. This is real for some of us and we do not appreciate having the possibility of a cure being handled by a lot of carpet-baggers who are getting into the cannabis business to make a fast buck. But after saying that, I appreciate the attention that this treatment is getting, if it turns out to be true there are a lot of people whose lives will be better.:D

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
but it seems that most patients are not interested. This surprises me.

@420circuit I myself am not surprised at all. Now work with me on the following comment. I am not so cynical as to not give props to the medical industry for the overall good that medicine does. I however would offer that over the last 100 years the drug makers and doctors have done a very good job at getting most Americans to look at our white lab coat doctors as Gods so to speak. In the early years people just blindly followed Dr.s recommendations and NEVER questioned the diagnosis. What the Doc said was gospel for millions of patients. Then as the industry became more profit based things started to take a turn. Most of this you see everyday with all of the BigPharma commercials we see on TV. Shit man if I listen to enough of these commercials I begin to imagine I have a lot of these ailments that I am directed to talk to my doctor about. It wasn't so long ago that Dr.s were the ones to actually diagnose a condition and didn't need any help from Big pharma convincing us what WE needed to talk to our Docs about.

I am of the opinion that in today's world a lot of Docs are just the front men for the drug companies and the docs rely more on the drug makers to assist them in making a diagnosis rather than use there own training and smarts. It is a well known fact that many docs get kick backs and are rewarded with trips and gifts for promoting the many strains of legal dope they are pushing. Then couple that with the FDA who are in the drug companies pockets and you have a recipe for disaster and a country that seemingly cannot function anymore without a 1/2 dozen scripts to get thru the day. Don't get me wrong the science of medicine is awesome and it helps a lot of people. But when it operates under the enormous profit margins associated with it there is always room for graft and corruption. I think we can all agree on that premise. Did you know that there is much evidence that the entire structure and the way the FDA operates is rife with false reporting on medical studies that are supposed to be performed to determine a new drugs efficacy and its safety to protect the American public is really a sham and there are documented cases whereby documents by the researcher are being falsified. To make matters worse the very watchdog (FDA) isn't letting we the public in on the frauds being perpetrated......... Here is a link to put what I am saying into perspective. Be sure to review all 3 pages of the report done by New York University.........Take what you can use and leave the rest........... http://www.slate.com/articles/healt...nd_scientific_misconduct_are_hidden_from.html

Last edited:
Top Bottom