Study: THC levels reach record high

• Thread starter Cali smoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

Uboat2011

Hey every"bud"e

new to the scene. thinking about growing for personal and profit. looking for good advice. Im as new as they come. Take care.

O

OnlyKush

Thc levels were the same yesterday, today, and will be the same in the future. Just my2cents from my years.

L

Lost

The more the thc the less we have to smoke..

Were busting thru the barriers!!!

Bustinthroughp1
vaporedout

vaporedout

could only imagine what it would be like smoking normal shit after a lil 37%er. i picked up some hash from fruitridge, supposed to be 80% damn that was a foggy week.......:icon_spin: nothing seemed strong enough after that, had to quit for a few days.

maybe because so much is grown locally you dont have all those different people handling it, so you dont loose as much trichs......

DSC05318
S

Sedona Tommy

Back in the 70's people used to smoke more of the actual product (joints vs 1 good bong rip)so the intake levels of injested thc are probably similar. Come on, we all know when we are properly medicated. It just takes way less fine ogr or swerve gear,than bunk tex mex. Thus, and this is the point, smoking less actual material is less damaging on the body isn't it? And, of course that was just for the sake of legal argument with the pinheads that dont know anything about marijuana use and consumption. Ive been smoking almost every day since 1982 and my health is fine, my lungs are fine, and i enjoy things more (cause im stoned). what was i saying... lmao

A

animalandroid

Potency and misuse are not linked....people misuse good and shit heroin..misuse of a drug has more complex sociopolitical issues involved, potent drug or not.
Dont believe the propoganda machine.Remember what propoganda did in Europe in the thirties and what its doing throughout the near and middle east now....
Plant,Grow and Combust!
Animalandroid.

A

amsmts1

Danger Will Robinson I feel a wave of adversity coming! Put your Goon Goggles on your will probably see many onboard experts agree and the war on this horrendous evilly dangerous plant that now adversely alters man's consciousness. More of a good thing! Bet this guy would be depressed if they took his prozac, alcohol, chocolate, or carbonated sugar away too! And each mentioned can be faulted for deaths. Can they prove one by this danerous plant?

Illmind

Illmind

omg am i gonna die? lol, fuck sergeant burns is what my research indicates. richard burns? sorry dude i refuse to listen to someone named dick burns because that means your parents were dicks lol, or incredibly dumb.

B

blaze408

I believe a PATIENT has the right to their MMJ and also knowing how much THC is in their strain but also this means why street dealing isn't the right way for people. They don't know what is being giving to them. That's the most important difference about MMJ and street marijuana, the consumer doesn't have much information about their meds, such as the Steep Hill and others do with dispensaries. This shown also with different dispensaries through out the U.S.A that top shelf usually have high THC then Low Shelf and the difference is with the consumer on preferences.

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
37%? Yeah baby...BRING IT ON....anyone know which one it was??
LMAO

I think the texas po pos need a company fishing trip this year so post a gumped up scientific study and make some raids:character0095:

but were the criminals

Tokenblack

Tokenblack

Study: THC levels reach record high
by Pierre Bertrand l Daily Texan (U. Texan)
Issue date: 10/1/08 Section: News

University of Mississippi researchers have found that tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, the active chemical in marijuana, has reached record levels in the United States.

The University's Potency Monitoring Project compared current marijuana samples to some seized since 1975 from 48 states. The highest level of concentration in a single sample of the chemical during the project was 37.2 percent. The average amount currently in a single sample is 9.6 percent, a 4 percent increase since 1983, according to the report.

"[Research data] indicates that [marijuana] is a more potent drug and that it's certainly not the drug from years ago," said Jane Maxwell, a research scientist in the School of Social Work.

Because of high THC levels achieved through selective breeding of the marijuana plant, individuals are more moody, show depression when marijuana use is restricted and develop an addiction to THC, said Austin Police Department Sgt. Richard Burns.

Individuals who smoke daily and inhale a greater amount of THC in one sitting are at risk of health hazards that include respiratory and mental defects, Maxwell said.

"I think it is a drug that has changed its composition, and I think smoking a blunt compared to a joint is another factor," Maxwell said. "People are smoking a lot more in a cigar than in a joint."

Trends in Austin have suggested that the increased levels of THC adversely affect younger individuals, developing adolescents and pregnant women, Burns said.

"What is important is that the literature is beginning to document people who are experiencing cognitive problems with cannabis use," Maxwell said. "And studies are showing that more and more potent cannabis is becoming available."

With the increased potency of marijuana, the public needs to change its outlook on the use of marijuana and view it as they would traditionally harder drugs, Maxwell said.

"I think people need to be aware that with the increased potency, you could become a misuser," she said.

Source: http://media.www.llamaledger.com/me...dy.Thc.Levels.Reach.Record.High-3461619.shtml
Again with this weak a$$ exscuse for why the cannabis prohibition shouldnt stop....just another soapbox scream at the whole "the marijuana freely smoked by ur parents was okay because it wasnt as strong...but the marijuana u kids are smokin is the real EVIL WEED!"

This same lip service is paid homage twice a year across the globe and needs to be snuffed out like a perfect F1 hybrid of the dankest sativa/indica conversation ender. I remember when i got drunk the first time from barely the contents of the "neck portion" of the bottle of Root Beer Schnapps when i was 15. And got TRASHED!!! Yet now i can kill a bottle of Johnny Walker and still pickup tail at the local dive bar.....

My point lies in just because the Nixon crowd cant hang for the second round of the peace pipe session, doesnt mean that our weed is any stronger or necessarily better (well maybe just a little) its the fact that back then the "baby boomer" crowd settled for whatever was brought by their "guy"....the good stuff was always around, just not smoked by the likes of those passing judgment.....BECAUSE THEY WERE NARCS THAT COULDNT MAINTAIN THEIR COMPOSURE WHEN THEY WERE BURNT!!!!

P

poodank

I'm surprised that a mj specimen from 1975 has any thc left in it at all,as much as it has deteriorated,thats not a hard test to win at all.

K

kes5480

bs

\this is some bullshit.....dont even get me started with the government... :mad0233:

K

kushkings420

they waste too much time worrying about the wrong things is the problem

Kaiser Sose

Kaiser Sose

This is all so rediculous. The fact of the matter is that the quality pot is more readily available then ever before. I am 44 and when I was a kid all we could get is that nasty mex shit. A 4 finger bag for $40-$50 bucks. Now don't get me wrong, I do remember some of the most kick assed shit ever being some really good Hawaiian or Thai stick. Looked just like the mex dirt weed but knocked your dick in the dirt.

I don't think thta weed has become more potent but people have found/learned to grow good weed instead of the dirt weed. And since more people are growing better quality weed, and it's more readily available when cops bust someone that is what they are finding more of.

Just my opinion. :bow

soserthc1

soserthc1

ok, well im old school so i still roll joints, never really got into that blunt craze , thought i have rolled a few but to me a good old job 1.5 works just find and marijuiana is not addictive. Yea i would be pissed if i did not have my joint before bed but i would not go into withdraws and feel like robbing a bank to buy some roxi's that at this current time , i know of at least four docters that see about 100 patients a day and you just gotta say my back hurts and ten mins later you leave with 240 -30mg oxycotin,,,,and lets not even start on what goes on in florida are you kidden me , they actually have the pharm in the doc (well owners office) as the doc are just some old retired men or women with a dea number.... get serious - hell we even have mello sativa day time smoke now .....just my 2 cent

soserthc1

soserthc1

thc level

well first of all i do not have time to read this entire thread currently, so if this info is all ready in this thread feel free to call me a dick...... but what strains post the highest thc levels, i believe i was reading last week not sure which mag cause i get them all , that some can go as high as 50% and correct me if i'm wrong but jamanician lion is the highest cbd at around 9% , my wife is not a smoker but she is a type 1 diabetic and cbd would help with that ? something else i remember reading ........peace

soserthc1

soserthc1

This is all so rediculous. The fact of the matter is that the quality pot is more readily available then ever before. I am 44 and when I was a kid all we could get is that nasty mex shit. A 4 finger bag for $40-$50 bucks. Now don't get me wrong, I do remember some of the most kick assed shit ever being some really good Hawaiian or Thai stick. Looked just like the mex dirt weed but knocked your dick in the dirt.

I don't think thta weed has become more potent but people have found/learned to grow good weed instead of the dirt weed. And since more people are growing better quality weed, and it's more readily available when cops bust someone that is what they are finding more of.

Just my opinion. :bow

when i was a kid and im 42 home grown weed always was horrible - it was like leaves grinded up for hash. my how advanced it has become in all most 30 years. The one thing that has remained the same with the mexican bundles is price - was 30 a quarter back then and i can still buy it for -30-35 quarter but never will..... hum BUT beer and especially cigaretes have gone up dramaticly.....keep gov't out and pricing stays same. guess the mexicans are not feeding the world cash for oil and wars ,IMHO.......peace

Top Bottom