Stumpy's House

• Thread starter Stumpy420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Stumpy420

Stumpy420

So.... the wife has to have surgery.. we had another miscarriage... the surgery is to take it out and try and repair what they think is causing the miscarriage. If things go bad it could mean they have to take out everything (hysterectomy).

My heart hurts, my brain is depressed, I'm out of homegrown, and I don't want to work.

Life feels terrible.. but I know deep down it could be worse.

On the other hand I think my soil's ph is finally coming up. I should know by next week if it is up to a satisfactory level. I will be able to tell in my weekly perpetual grow.

BlackSheepOG

BlackSheepOG

So.... the wife has to have surgery.. we had another miscarriage... the surgery is to take it out and try and repair what they think is causing the miscarriage. If things go bad it could mean they have to take out everything (hysterectomy).

My heart hurts, my brain is depressed, I'm out of homegrown, and I don't want to work.

On the other hand I think my soil's ph is finally coming up. I should know by next week if it is up to a satisfactory level. I will be able to tell in my weekly perpetual grow.

Man I'm sorry to hear this. Stay strong dude. I know it's hard man but God is always testing us, he will never give you more then you can handle even when it seems he has. The grass is always greener. Keep on trucking dude ✌️

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

FBK not looking good... any tips?
she is dry and ready for water.. is this a symptom of low ph, just in different strain?
1471542749419 828410989
all the biggest oldest leaves are looking this exact way to some degree. Ph is typical of ff hf, 5.5 or even possibly lower.. Ms. @Seamaiden? @str8smokn?
Edit: I've bought some powdered dolomitic lime to balance out the ph. I've given her one small watering of it (3/8 tsp/gallon) , runoff water comes out ph neutral (perfectly green on the liquid drops test.).

Last edited:
Stumpy420

Stumpy420

This plant is being culled.
1471558799851 1672354603
looked like this since birth.. root development is shit. Doesn't even drink much water.

BlackSheepOG

BlackSheepOG

FBK not looking good... any tips?View attachment 626594she is dry and ready for water.. is this a symptom of low ph, just in different strain?View attachment 626598all the biggest oldest leaves are looking this exact way to some degree. Ph is typical of ff hf, 5.5 or even possibly lower.. Ms. @Seamaiden? @str8smokn?
Edit: I've bought some powdered dolomitic lime to balance out the ph. I've given her one small watering of it (3/8 tsp/gallon) , runoff water comes out ph neutral (perfectly green on the liquid drops test.).

What's your PH going in? I'm guessing it's to low and it's locking stuff out. You're not seeing it in veg because a plant requires more in flower. Especially after the flip it's gonna eat through N super quick for the stretch. Need to get ph up to at least 6.3 and 6.6-7.0 is better in soil. Got any PH up? If you keep feeding Dolomite lime you're gonna run into problems too. Should collect rain water, it's free and plants love it :)

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

What's your PH going in? I'm guessing it's to low and it's locking stuff out. You're not seeing it in veg because a plant requires more in flower. Especially after the flip it's gonna eat through N super quick for the stretch. Need to get ph up to at least 6.3 and 6.6-7.0 is better in soil. Got any PH up? If you keep feeding Dolomite lime you're gonna run into problems too. Should collect rain water, it's free and plants love it :)
Ok, I got some rain water collected on the back porch. Not much, but enough for the next waterings of a few plants. I only wanted to feed some dolomite lime to neutralize the ph, as upon deep googling, that happy frog soil has very low ph out of the bag, and the stuff comes with oyster shells and dolomitic lime already in it, but I guess barely any. Ph going in I usually do tap water which reads higher than 7, and water coming out was around 5-5.5... even after flushing AND trying to correct, it wasn't coming up. Now I've got some waterings/dolomite in their I'm going to see what it looks like with tap water again and see what comes out the bottom.
It is finally starting to make sense why I've been having trouble directly after the stretch. @BlackSheepOG I've been battling this ever since I began in soil

BlackSheepOG

BlackSheepOG

@Stumpy420 grab yea some vinegar or lemon juice to lower your PH of the water going in. If it's over 7 going in then it's locking stuff out.

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

@Stumpy420 grab yea some vinegar or lemon juice to lower your PH of the water going in. If it's over 7 going in then it's locking stuff out.
I have always checked the water going in, but not the water coming out. Just recently started checking the run off because I got tired of things going bad after the stretch. Soil's ph is too low, not too high.
I also use GH nutes, and by the time it's all mixed up its under 6, so, being in soil, that's already too low. That's why I started adding some dolomite lime, to bring it up.
Now you are trying to corn-fuse me and say drop the ph, but if it dropped any more my plants would be trippin balls (bad acid joke).

BlackSheepOG

BlackSheepOG

I have always checked the water going in, but not the water coming out. Just recently started checking the run off because I got tired of things going bad after the stretch. Soil's ph is too low, not too high.
I also use GH nutes, and by the time it's all mixed up its under 6, so, being in soil, that's already too low. That's why I started adding some dolomite lime, to bring it up.
Now you are trying to corn-fuse me and say drop the ph, but if it dropped any more my plants would be trippin balls (bad acid joke).

Lol sorry I'm baked. Ok so water going in you want 6.3-7.0. 6.5-6.8 is best. Give them some of that rain water and see how they do

str8smokn

str8smokn

I'm sorry to hear of you and your wife's loss. Hopefully everything works out for you two like Blacksheep said.
I would of said the plant looks hungry,but I don't check my ph so I never see that as a problem.
Supposedly running organic there's no need to ph. So I haven't.
STR8

BlackSheepOG

BlackSheepOG

I'm sorry to hear of you and your wife's loss. Hopefully everything works out for you two like Blacksheep said.
I would of said the plant looks hungry,but I don't check my ph so I never see that as a problem.
Supposedly running organic there's no need to ph. So I haven't.
STR8

Yea that's the beauty of organics :) I got tired of adjusting lol. Haven't looked back since.

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

Today we found out the wife has to have one of those dnc's and have surgery to repair where there is suppose to be tissue between her bladder and uterus. It could turn into a full hysterectomy if there are complications. Then it's game over in the baby making department.
Sorry to hear that stumpy. Hope everything is okay

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

Stay strong for her brother. My wife and I just experienced a miscarriage as well. Life is crazy sometimes but it's all a test for the bigger picture

Top Bottom