• Thread starter goodbye95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
goodbye95

goodbye95

Hello everyone.
The plants below are about 20 days old.
I planted in the most soft soil i could find in 200 ml containers
All the seedlings started acting abnormal for some reason and the same thing has happened in the last crops for some reason and i cannot get past the seedling stage
At first i thought it is an overwatering issue but after so many tries i found out that it is not a watering issue since i only water when the soil is completely dry and the pots are as light as they can get. i even wait for the leaves to start drop just a little just to be sure that they are in need of the next watering. It started happening since i purchased new lights. When i was using the Hans panel 300 i had no issues but with the new SPIDERFARMER sf 7000 every crop is just the same. I read somewhere that with these lights the plants need some cal/mag for some reason i cannot explain.
I have the intensity of the lights at 25% at 70 cm
RH at 65
and temp at 24 C
The plants seem to start growing after every watering but after a day or two they get stunned again.
I water always at a ph of 6,5
I also have a little fan blowing directly at them and another fan blowing towards the lights just to circulate the air
last 2 waterings i added 50 ppm of cal mag but it made no difference . There are white spots on the bigger leaves and the new growth is growing abnormaly and the colour is lime green as it is shown below. WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM?

Stunned growthnew growth lime green
Stunned growthnew growth lime green 2
Stunned growthnew growth lime green 3
Stunned growthnew growth lime green 4
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Hello everyone.
The plants below are about 20 days old.
I planted in the most soft soil i could find in 200 ml containers
All the seedlings started acting abnormal for some reason and the same thing has happened in the last crops for some reason and i cannot get past the seedling stage
At first i thought it is an overwatering issue but after so many tries i found out that it is not a watering issue since i only water when the soil is completely dry and the pots are as light as they can get. i even wait for the leaves to start drop just a little just to be sure that they are in need of the next watering. It started happening since i purchased new lights. When i was using the Hans panel 300 i had no issues but with the new SPIDERFARMER sf 7000 every crop is just the same. I read somewhere that with these lights the plants need some cal/mag for some reason i cannot explain.
I have the intensity of the lights at 25% at 70 cm
RH at 65
and temp at 24 C
The plants seem to start growing after every watering but after a day or two they get stunned again.
I water always at a ph of 6,5
I also have a little fan blowing directly at them and another fan blowing towards the lights just to circulate the air
last 2 waterings i added 50 ppm of cal mag but it made no difference . There are white spots on the bigger leaves and the new growth is growing abnormaly and the colour is lime green as it is shown below. WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM?
time to transplant and light should be raised..

goodbye95

goodbye95

i raised the intensity and also transplanted . the roots could not even be seen besides the very bottom of the pot. so i think it was not a transplant issue. what could be another issue? it has also started happening on another seedling i started 3 days ago. the new growth is again too lime and there are some red spots on it just like the previous plants

IMG 20230319 225921 1
ddandurand

ddandurand

From the looks of it its doesn't look very bad to me. This is normal for the new growth to appear lighter. I know that your stating that you wait until completely dry to water but im also seeing a completely saturated medium. It appears that they may have gotten under watered and wilted and then over watered to correct it looking at the burning and yellowing of the first true leaves.

also just a curiosity. do you have an intake an exhaust fan running on your setup?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
i raised the intensity and also transplanted . the roots could not even be seen besides the very bottom of the pot. so i think it was not a transplant issue. what could be another issue? it has also started happening on another seedling i started 3 days ago. the new growth is again too lime and there are some red spots on it just like the previous plants
raise the light higher not the intensity..

goodbye95

goodbye95

From the looks of it its doesn't look very bad to me. This is normal for the new growth to appear lighter. I know that your stating that you wait until completely dry to water but im also seeing a completely saturated medium. It appears that they may have gotten under watered and wilted and then over watered to correct it looking at the burning and yellowing of the first true leaves.

also just a curiosity. do you have an intake an exhaust fan running on your setup?
i have only an exhaust fan

goodbye95

goodbye95

to be completely precise
the values are :
Rh day 60%
Rh night 60%
Temp day 24C
temp night 21 C
Soil temp 24C
soil temp night 23 C
Lights intens.30% at 80 cm
Co2 400-600 ppm

and the photos of the plants after the transplant and watering ( i also added a spoon of myco boost as a topping on each pot)

btw every thing can be modified and be as precise and stable as it can get since all instruments are connected to a controller .

IMG 20230320 003455
Observationist

Observationist

to be completely precise
the values are :
Rh day 60%
Rh night 60%
Temp day 24C
temp night 21 C
Soil temp 24C
soil temp night 23 C
Co2 400-600 ppm

and the photos of the plants after the transplant and watering ( i also added a spoon of myco boost as a topping on each pot)

btw every thing can be modified and be as precise and stable as it can get since all instruments are connected to a controller .
So using soil? Do you have any liquid nutrients? Or just soil/amendments ?

Observationist

Observationist

Ya know, maybe, the plant is outpacing the nutrients that are broken down and available to the plant since, organic /soil? Wonder if that's a possible variable.

(((Edit:as it's a weed and under a great environment these things want to fucking grow, and I don't think soil is the best or optimum for it in terms of speed (not knocking on anything just from a variable stand point)))

And yeah I'd back down the intensity

Otherwise doesn't look too bad and nothing much to worry about ,and if you just transplanted within a day or so, they are adjusting.

goodbye95

goodbye95

Ya know, maybe, the plant is outpacing the nutrients that are broken down and available to the plant since, organic /soil? Wonder if that's a possible variable.

And yeah I'd back down the intensity

Otherwise doesn't look too bad and nothing much to worry about ,and if you just transplanted within a day or so, they are adjusting.
i am backing down the intensity at 25% . done

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
to be completely precise
the values are :
Rh day 60%
Rh night 60%
Temp day 24C
temp night 21 C
Soil temp 24C
soil temp night 23 C
Co2 400-600 ppm

from what i can see is that the light is/was too close, with maybe watering a day or two earlier than need be..
so now that you raised the lights and some just be patient and we’ll watch daily, though could be a week ish before seeing any difference..

Observationist

Observationist

i have not used any added nutrients yet but i will use if every thing goes right organic dry amendments. the ec of this soil is about 1200 based on the manufacturer so i think it is enough for the vegetative phase at least.
Sounds enough, I just know it needs to break down by microbes to then be available to plant for uptake, so idk how much of that ppm makeup is available.

technically comparable to slow release ferts i guess, maybe.

I grow coco/perlite/hydro with salts.

Did one or two runs with organic/soil .

Just thinking out loud with y'all.

goodbye95

goodbye95

from what i can see is that the light is/was too close, with maybe watering a day or two earlier than need be..
so now that you raised the lights and some just be patient and we’ll watch daily, though could be a week ish before seeing any difference..
ill will post a photo of each plant and personal observations every day.

Top Bottom