• Thread starter goodbye95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
what’s up today?
haven’t water them yet right? don’t till we tell you too.. and i’ll tell you what and how much to feed..
i find it really hard to believe it’s anything nutrient related., especially with small plants..
but if you look at you first or second post with pictures you’ll see they look better meaning reacting better, from raising your light..
those damaged leafs will only get worse looking, so we’re waiting patiently and going to go easy on them..
patience is most important right now as well as keeping your environment in check and just letting them be..
i just wonder if you’ll be ok?

goodbye95

goodbye95

what’s up today?
haven’t water them yet right? don’t till we tell you too.. and i’ll tell you what and how much to feed..
i find it really hard to believe it’s anything nutrient related., especially with small plants..
but if you look at you first or second post with pictures you’ll see they look better meaning reacting better, from raising your light..
those damaged leafs will only get worse looking, so we’re waiting patiently and going to go easy on them..
patience is most important right now as well as keeping your environment in check and just letting them be..
i just wonder if you’ll be ok?
Hello ! i havent water yet. It is too early anyway. Everything is connected to a controller so the environment is gonna be exactly the same until i change it .

goodbye95

goodbye95

DAY 6

SAME VALUES

Rh day 60%
Rh night 60%
Temp day 24C
temp night 21 C
Soil temp 24C
soil temp night 23 C
Lights intens.20% at 80 cm
Co2 400-600 ppm

The plant that has the most damaged leaves looks worse than ever in its new growth . The leaves have been curled inside and got smaller for some reason. I am talking about the plant in the third picture. The rest of the plants are stunned too but look kinda ok .

I gave about 300ml of water on these 1 L pots in the last watering 4 or 5 days ago and they are still wet.

AGR09287
AGR09288
AGR09289
AGR09290
AGR09291
AGR09292
AGR09293
AGR09294
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
DAY 6

SAME VALUES

Rh day 60%
Rh night 60%
Temp day 24C
temp night 21 C
Soil temp 24C
soil temp night 23 C
Lights intens.20% at 80 cm
Co2 400-600 ppm

The plant that has the most damaged leaves looks worse than ever in its new growth . The leaves have been curled inside and got smaller for some reason. I am talking about the plant in the third picture. The rest of the plants are stunned too but look kinda ok .
the worse plant is it the one directly under light? or has been closest to the light?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
no. it is the one at the bottom right.
it looks like on a couple plants that some leaf edges are curled up, giving the leaf a taco or canoe shape.. you see that?.. light stress..

goodbye95

goodbye95

it looks like on a couple plants that some leaf edges are curled up, giving the leaf a taco or canoe shape.. you see that?.. light stress..
I saw it !!! I placed the light at 90cm and dropped the intensity to 15%. I also have a CO2 tank thats connected to the controller if that can make any difference. Last time i added co 2 to like 1000 ppm i saw a little difference in the growth (just an observation) currently the co2 caries from 300 -400 ppm.

goodbye95

goodbye95

@goodbye95 are those pots sitting directly on the floor?
No . there is a 1m by 1m heating matt under the tent floor thats keeping the soil temp at exactly the same temp as the ambient temp. Currently at 24C

SHiNi

SHiNi

This is just a theory not saying it is so, if you gave nutes regularly and pots sitting on the floor and no airflow or proper drainage could cause some kind of buildup in bottom part of pots just Theory.
Screenshot 20230325 204222 Chrome

That's just a Google search to support the theory

goodbye95

goodbye95

Below i provide some photos of my setup . I lifted the pots .I just do not know if the heating matt is gonna make any difference now but it is ok. It will provide warm air from the bottom since it is tuned to bring soil temp to 24 C. The lights are still at 15 % intensity at 90CM above the tallest part of the tallest plant ( which is the one on the bottom left )

AGR09297
AGR09298
AGR09299
AGR09300
SHiNi

SHiNi

@goodbye95 now that you mention that heating mat it could really be salt buildup in your soil that heat mat heats the soil up causing it to dry quicker than usual.The soil you using is amended and those could cause the salt buildup.I suggest you test the ph of your runoff. @GNick55 could it be worth testing ?

goodbye95

goodbye95

@goodbye95 now that you mention that heating mat it could really be salt buildup in your soil that heat mat heats the soil up causing it to dry quicker than usual.The soil you using is amended and those could cause the salt buildup.I suggest you test the ph of your runoff.@GNick55 could it be?
I doubt it since the same problems occur in the last 5 crops. The heating matt has been added only in the last crop which is the current one.If @GNick55 remembers i have been uploading posts from every crop till now for the past 1-2 years. Ive put to the trash like 50 plants till now since they have not been able to make it past the seedling stage. This is the furthest i have been !!!!!

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
i have not used any added nutrients yet but i will use if every thing goes right organic dry amendments. the ec of this soil is about 1200 based on the manufacturer so i think it is enough for the vegetative phase at least.
No it is not. Biobizz Lightmix is just a blend of peat, peatmoss and perlite, and some pH corrector. It will never take you throughout of veg and it is designed to be used with their nute lines. Now I'm not saying you HAVE TO buy those, but you need to use something from which you know can work with this substrate.
The EC of this is largely due to the amount of nitrogen, there's very little P & K in it, and some other stuff may also lacking. That in itself is problematic because Cannabis needs also quite some Potassium to hold water, I mean you can see how some of your leaftips are dry from the outside.

Could you also tell me what you've been using to pH down and if you are firm on the equipment. It's just one error on one step somewhere and then this single culprit can take the whole grow down.

You can use BB Lightmix in a mineralic setup and thus treat is like soilless. You need EC & pH meter for this and a 2 bottled liquid nutes plus Calmag.
You could also buy just Bio Grow and Bloom from Biobizz, plus Calmag.
Or you go the way to implement dry fertilizer into the Lightmix and you could either use Osmocote for a mineralic setup or some manure + some lime. All these approaches are prone to error, and you always gotta measure each step analytically to know with what you're working with.

Latest posts

Top Bottom