Stunted Seedling Issue

• Thread starter Lazerus00
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lazerus00

Lazerus00

I know it sounds crazy but I really believe I have some kinda airborne pathogen or something killing young canna plants or somehow all my soil or water is somehow fucked....

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

And to prove my point had lost already about 20 seedlings and same issues i had that you are having is here are the differences like above plants there all same age 3 weeks old only difference is stupid me ran out of EWC so used what ever i had for the little ones and used tap water on them the other one ( Nice one store bought water
Anyways just re transplanted my little ones and not even 2 days and she is growing and changing color from pale green / yellow to green but i had to get to the bottom of same problems you were having as i did
So with that i am behind and out of 30 seeds only 3 plants left from fucking around View attachment 600987 View attachment 600988 View attachment 600989 View attachment 600990
Thanks for your input. I am curious to see if you are right...i have 2 5 gal buckets of fresh EWC and have seedling soil left over but just for fun i will go pick up a bag of promix and do 50/50 mix and water only with bottled water and see what happens....if you are right I would be amazed and prolly offer to pay you cash!!...lol

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

@KillingTime

Also my water was running thru 2 garden chlorine filters so chlorine is not what was doing that

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

Don't believe what they tell you Since the carbon is not solid, it does not remove all toxins though these filters will improve taste. Pitcher filters will reduce chlorine, But not all as well are not effective at removingVOCs, heavy metals, endocrine disruptors or fluoride.
Like I said bro I am going out buying water tmrw plus I re- setup my rain catching gear so I will keep the thread updated for sure....

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

So I am on my way out and if I can get away from work for a lil I'm gonna go scoop a new bag of seedling soil or just a bag of pro mix and mix it 50 50 with ewc and compost I have.... But here look this seedling was germinated on 4/20...see how she looks good at least in terms of not being deformed or yellow? This is how they look until either enough time passes and since the don't grow at all they just eat themselves or the soil gets so dry I have to water it but once I do the soil stays wet and doesn't dry causing my seedlings to turn yellow and look more like the first pics I posted.. But this seedling is a month old!! 4 weeks and this is all the growth that will happen!! WHAT THE FUCK?????
Tmp 13531 IMG 20160519 101652 1034208641
Tmp 13531 IMG 20160519 1016571455680853
Tmp 13531 IMG 20160519 101701 1159428030

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

So now seeeing this seedling and the fact that its a month old and still this small but looks healthy change anybodies mind about what it could be?? Or does everyone still stand by their assessments?

PROTOPIPE

PROTOPIPE

Those plants look locked out. Either your pH is way off or you're overfeeding them. Plants so small should not be getting all the extras you mentioned.

Are you sure 77 is the highest your temperature goes? I've killed seeds before because my space can overheat right under the lamps and get into the 90s if airflow is restricted. Get a laser thermometer and hit the leaves to test temps at the canopy. Ambient temp can be deceiving, canopy temperature is the important measurement.

That light warrior has been problematic for me in the past. Try 50/50 light warrior + roots organic or similar soil with moderate available nutrition.

If changing those factors offers no relief, then you likely have a pathogen.

They look like they have been burned with nutes. just my two cents. Imho those babies do NOT need any special feedings until they have nodes upon nodes.

NCascadeSolo

NCascadeSolo

Just had this nearly identical issue with a pack of Casper OG's. No idea's, why just bad seeds I guess. Never seen or had anything like it before. Culled 'em and moved on..:smoking:

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

Just had this nearly identical issue with a pack of Casper OG's. No idea's, why just bad seeds I guess. Never seen or had anything like it before. Culled 'em and moved on..:smoking:
i know but i have been thru over a dozen packs all from different breeders and they were stored in different places???? So frustrating!!!

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

Also I just want to re-state that its not like i have never grown of don't know anything about growing....IMHO this cant possibly be something as obvi or simple as too much water or hot soil bc i am very consious of those kinda things.....this is so fucking bizarr and frustrating!

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

I in no way mean that too be that i am too good for help or that i dont make mistakes....please dont think im trying to be a dick, its just ive been thru everything that i can think of and nothing has worked

Toaster79

Toaster79

When did this start and did you change anything in your environment when it started? Did you bring anything new in your house, started using any products you didn't use before? Those solo cups, have you used them before, are you using new batch, if used before what did you clean them with if at all, ...... think think think. It must be something in your house that has changed.

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

When did this start and did you change anything in your environment when it started? Did you bring anything new in your house, started using any products you didn't use before? Those solo cups, have you used them before, are you using new batch, if used before what did you clean them with if at all, ...... think think think. It must be something in your house that has changed.
i know its driving me nuts...if some kind of foriegn pathogen came in i have no idea how bc all other types of plants in the house are okay, i haven't ussed any new products, ive used the cups before and cleaned with a clorox spray but i have also bought new cups thinking maybe that was it but nothing, i have even tried them in them in the lil airpot prop cells....only thing i havent tried is store bought water...ive used my reg filtered which was always good then ive let water sit out for 48hrs ive tried chlorine removing tablets,,,,but no rain water or store bought....ive tried 2 diff kind of soils, tried t5 lights, MH, and led.....im seriously going crazy ovver here!!!

ken dog

ken dog

You might want to try increasing your humidity... Plants won't grow well in low humidity.

ken dog

ken dog

Bump... try increasing your humidity... Perhaps put a dome over them.

Top Bottom