Stupidest thing u've done since starting?

• Thread starter theTinker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

theTinker

Well Its been a year now..
4 cycles of plants..

I check my PH, Check my water, Check my temperature...oh wait..i've been messing that up!

Today i finally read online instructions about my hygrometer.
Shows me indoor and outdoor temperature, and indoor humidity.

I ALWAYS thought the little probe thing is what the temperature sensor reads from for indoor... Nope, Turns out where i place my actual handheld device is where the humidity and temperature for indoor is sourced.. So keeping it in the shade at my watery res has been giving me incorrect readings for a year now..

I feel like a champ!

So the probe is very the OUTDOOR LCD, and the device is for the indoor...

Where do u people put ur device? in a light path? in the shade? in a wind path?

Share your mistakes my good people!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
My mistake is always forgetting to make sure my pH electrode stays wet. <rolleyes> That can get expensive in a hurry.

I've made more timer mistakes than I can count or remember.

And then there was that time I stepped out of the back of the truck wrong, still paying for that little mistake.
facepalm.gif

P

Pockets

well it begun to sound like a good thread until you made it about you and specified it towards the hygrometer, so ill open it back up for ya!

the dumbest thing i did was on my first grow. my theory was wrong and now is no longer a theory. what ever you do, DONT PUT SELTZER WATER IN YOU REZ! this will not help with co2 uptake as it takes it in through the leaves and the salt in the seltzer is to high also. try and top that!

aSilvrHaze

aSilvrHaze

Where do u people put ur device? in a light path? in the shade? in a wind path?

I've read it now a few times on here somewhere, but someone suggests putting it through a piece of styrofoam so it sits in the shade.

R

Redskywalker

Premium Member
Supporter
I put my device wherever the lady asks me to!

St3ve

St3ve

re the hygrometer: I have Velcro up and down once wall and I move it when I have to move my lights. I keep it *just* above when the light hits it. I hang the prob in the middle of the canopy.

The stupidest thing that I keep doing is thinking that I have the hose secure when I go to fill up the res. ><

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Stupidest thing that I did since starting? Easy. It was taking off 4 years due to a girlfriend who just didn't get it. My mistake.

-TF

P

Producer

Just last week, my girlfriend was heading out of town for a bit and she sent me a text and said "Hey babe, because Im leaving for a bit I e-mailed you a little surprise (naked pictures) so you dont miss me too much when im gone!"

You guys want to know what the first thing I did when I got home from work was?
I SIGNED ONTO ThcFARMER! Hahaha! I think thats when I realized I am addicted to this site...
Sorry baby...lol.

symbiote420

symbiote420

Strain hoarding........had my house broke in in 08 mofos stole every thing plant related but my recycled soil tubs, found out it was some of the neighbors kids they don't realize how close they came to getting their asses flipped, I chose to move cause 10 yrs ago I'd be in prison over that kind of shit.

coloradochem

coloradochem

dumbest thing ive done SO FAR. grew 30 plants from seed, given to me by a guy i went to high school with, was supposed to be bomb,lol. I lost a whole cycle to those transgender plants.

Blaze

Blaze

Probably the dumbest thing I did that first year was not support my plants. Never crossed my mind that the buds could get so big and heavy that the plant wouldn't be able to hold them up on it's own. We got a very light rain a few weeks before harvest that year which broke probably about 75% of the branches in the garden. Luckily most of them we were able to repair, and so losses were minimal, but it could have been a lot worse.

Other than that.... Trying to grow some of B.O.G.'s gear outside turned out to be a pretty stupid mistake. Ended up with a bunch of low yielding mold prone BS at the end of the season. Also wasted a chunk of money on Advanced Nutrients products one year. Didn't get any higher yield or any improvement in quality over what I had been doing before, but it cost 5 times as much.....

SCARHOLE

SCARHOLE

I store extra Nutes in antifreeze jugs.
Well my stoned ass grabbed the one with real antifreeze an watered 2 NL plants with it before I noticed...

They were dead by morning.
Flushing didnt save them.
It Turned the plant RED as it wilted an died?
Lol

Don't store antifreeze next to your Nutes !

P

Producer

I store extra Nutes in antifreeze jugs.
Well my stoned ass grabbed the one with real antifreeze an watered 2 NL plants with it before I noticed...

They were dead by morning.
Flushing didnt save them.
It Turned the plant RED as it wilted an died?
Lol

Don't store antifreeze next to your Nutes !

Hahaha!! That made me laugh bro. too funny

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
Well I think I might of let my male sit in the flower room to long this run and he might of dropped a lil pollen on me but I'm not sure If he did this will be the biggest thing I have ever fucked up . I really hope it was to late for most of my plant were in week 6 or 7 so we will see.

T

theTinker

Another stupid thing ive done.

Left pump for drippers plugged in while i walked away for 3-4 minutes. 3-4 minutes turned into SHIT DIDNT I PLUG IN THE PUMP 20 mins ago?... Nearly 60 liters of nutrient solution all over my room...So much water leaked into the wall that it discolored the neighbours wall.. I got away lucky and blamed it on a leaky aquariam... Im VERY careful now about that...

new rule: A non watched pump never runs in my garden.

SweetTooth

SweetTooth

Answering the phone and forgetting that I was filling the res! Bust out the dehums!

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

I was coming down off shrooms and left my res filling from the hose on full blast and forgot about it for about 2 hours. Luckily I had a drain In the res room but it still flooded my flower room and was an inch from my ballasts! Either that or forgetting to setup my dehumey on my last grow and loosing 2 lbs to mold!

B

Bobby Stainless

For my first grow I went areoponic with 3k watts in a closet......

That was 13 years ago. Shit.

Top Bottom