subcools warning about roots organic

• Thread starter mastacheeser
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

FFOF has been having issues with fruit flies. they now put hyposasis miles in their bags to help rid the problem.

so this issue is not only in RO soil bags.

ive yet to see a fully 100% sealed bag of soil. if you do find one, im sure the soil is full of mold/mildew from moisture lock in the plastic.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
If your just a small personal grower put your bag of soil in an old pillowcase, then cut open the bag of soil at the top, in conjunction with the pillowcase opening. Place in a bathtub or into a large cooler standing up with the opening at the top. Now pour 3 gallons of boiling(distilled or RO) water all at once into each bag of soil , drenching it throughly. Let the soil sit for 10 minutes, then drain. Let it cool and then use it. Ive noticed it stops gnat, fly and thrip outbreaks from new soil.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I have used the roots 707 bags over the years for throwing clones outdoors late and have always done real well - cut that shit open and plant right in the big white bag - I never have problems with outdoor and gnats here - but inside its a constant battle no matter what media

SmokeyPipes

SmokeyPipes

I've been noticing a dip in the quality of Roots over the last year or so. One of my recent bags even had a couple random seed sprouts of some sort in it. I even found a piece of plastic as well as what appeared to be fabric from a roots pot or something. I've been placing my bags of Roots inside a sealed up trash bag for a couple of days before using them to suffocate as many gnats as possible. Which has seemed to work pretty well. Recently when I didn't do this, I had gnat flies everywhere and am still trying to get rid of all of them!

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
i dont think your doing much unless you put that trash bag in the sun

Brendan C

Brendan C

I've been using roots coco and soil for a bit over a year now and I have nothing but good things to say. Fantastic results.
But I have noticed fungus gnats as well. To combat this I've started watering through the soil with great white, mammoth p, Zeus juice either cane sugar or molasses. ( I also have other amendments in the soil such as kelp that feed fungal microbes)
And then I add a full strength dose of cannazyme which isn't organic technically. But it breaks down any organic materials at lightning speed including gnat eggs. I never see gnats for more than 2 days. Only ever see one or two live ones as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom