• Start date
  • Tagged users None
mastacheeser

mastacheeser

had a post up, but due to random bashing i took it down

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
Thanks for posting that..I love watching stuff like this. I bet sunlight supply got reamed over this one.

M

MTM

Fuck Subfool and his super soil,it burns the fuck out of about half his shit.It was not long ago I saw him trashing oceans forest for the same shit.I dont listen to nothing subfool says anymore,about half of what he says is a lie the other half is bullshit..I bet you theres nothing wrong with root organic soil,just something else he can blame on somebody else...

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

just for the record
if you were around on the internet a decade plus or so back?
super soil was a vic high deal and substool was just another punk kid like rezdog suckling up to gypsies nipples trying to figure out how to make a buck off peddling beans then stole the name to make himself look better
kinda like rehashing bro grimm genetics and claiming the fame or renaming melvin into orange velvet so he could sell more beans and his ole lady isn't any better in the ethic's department
the dude is a punk and will always be a punk no matter how many groupies he has

fwiw

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
wow i had no clue that he had a rep like that. good to know.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

lol can we make the smallest effort to stay on track?
not into seed popping myself but everything ive seen from him is half the price of anybody else. ive learned plenty from the dude and i thank him for that

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

lol can we make the smallest effort to stay on track?
not into seed popping myself but everything ive seen from him is half the price of anybody else. ive learned plenty from the dude and i thank him for that

100% on track mastacheeser
your post is subtool trashing someone when his rep is less then stellar
you are reposting his comments (video) as reputable when those of us that have known him for a time long enough(12 years) to evaluate him in a proper context have found him wanting
nothing more
nothing less
do you have any facts supporting your post regarding sunlight supply having defective soil? from improper storage near a dump?
or is it some more subdrewl diatribe being regurgitated as fact?

darkmatter

darkmatter

he got peaced out from here, ill say after reading about supersoil, it insipired me to mix my own mix,for sure he wont the first. now i just fucks with straight coco or sunshine.i spend the money not to much, times are tuff.

N

Ne Obliviscaris

I've been using roots as the base for my soil mix for the past year and a half and have NEVER had an issue with it. I have no idea who that dude is, so I have no comment on the video, but as far as roots goes, I see no evidence that there's anything wrong with it.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

100% on track mastacheeser
your post is subtool trashing someone when his rep is less then stellar
you are reposting his comments (video) as reputable when those of us that have known him for a time long enough(12 years) to evaluate him in a proper context have found him wanting
nothing more
nothing less
do you have any facts supporting your post regarding sunlight supply having defective soil? from improper storage near a dump?
or is it some more subdrewl diatribe being regurgitated as fact?

why take your chances with it? ill wait a few months for them to fix the prob or cycle through the dirt that sub was having probs with. theres several stickys from sub on the farm so he had something right

the right track had to do with gnats, did not see that word in your last post
done posting here before i get myself in trouble

lost thread

N

Ne Obliviscaris

^^^I honestly wasn't trying to bash you, man. The video was critical of roots, I'm just saying I have never had a problem with them. I appreciate you posting the video even if i doubt its accuracy. The more information we all have available to us, the better the decisions we can make with respect to our gardens, right?

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Gnats for sure

I've used Roots Organics soil solely for a couple of years, and can report very happy results.

However, in March/April of this year, a couple of my homies did offer a word of warning, because the day after transplanting, both of them experienced a gnat infestation I've never seen before. One was actually filling envelopes of fungus gnats that he'd daily take out of his hood, to send the materials he found unnecessary back to Aurora.

So I asked my trusted garden store rep and he said he had heard the same, and actually advised I try a mix of some other things instead. (I actually mentioned this in my current grow journal several months ago)

I admittedly haven't bought more Roots Organics since then, as I'd rather avoid taking that chance until I hear otherwise.

This is my honest experience, and it probably won't keep me from using Roots Organics in the future, nor will it sway my consideration for fully amended soils a la Subcool.

No need for mud slinging, in the end, this forum is here for us to provide an aggregate education for one another by way of compounded experience, and shit talking really just adds to others' frustration. If you have nothing constructive to offer, keep it to yourself.

G

gooey

^ ya that....all you internet know it alls just because youve been online 12 plus years knowing of subcool does not mean roots is without gnats...fyi i also have some roots i am using and have gnats from it...but im prolly just a liar....wow i thought this was a place to share information not attack it to the point the dude took down the information...how does that help anyone?

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

^ ya that....all you internet know it alls just because youve been online 12 plus years knowing of subcool does not mean roots is without gnats...fyi i also have some roots i am using and have gnats from it...but im prolly just a liar....wow i thought this was a place to share information not attack it to the point the dude took down the information...how does that help anyone?

i never said it didn't have gnats gooey
what i did say is the source is suspect
if the op had said he had gnats in his i would take him at his word just like i will take you at your word

fwiw

purpleberry

purpleberry

Wish i could find that video, My shop dont carry it and i was thinking about having them get a pallet. Could someone repost it? LOL

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Fungus gnats can be found in any bag of soil that was exposed to the outdoors during process, shipping, storage, or just carrying it from your car into your grow.
I did have a surprising amount of them in a batch of RO about 2 months ago.
They are pretty easy to get rid of, and not hardly a concern.

If you're worried about critters, bake every batch of soil you purchase in an oven @ 225 for about an hour. Pain in the ass, but it will kill pathogens and pests that may be lurking in the dirt.

Peace.

S

swisscheese

Fungus gnats can be found in any bag of soil that was exposed to the outdoors during process, shipping, storage, or just carrying it from your car into your grow.
I did have a surprising amount of them in a batch of RO about 2 months ago.
They are pretty easy to get rid of, and not hardly a concern.

If you're worried about critters, bake every batch of soil you purchase in an oven @ 225 for about an hour. Pain in the ass, but it will kill pathogens and pests that may be lurking in the dirt.

Peace.

Has anyone sterilized their coco like that with good results? What other brands of dirt coco does sun whatever import?

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I'm not sure about coco. Might want to check on its flash point before throwing it in a oven. I suppose it would be safer if it was moist. You'd still need to flush and charge it before using. Hard to catch dirt on fire. (although I bet there's an idiot out there who has managed to do it) :)

G

greendrummer

wow i thought i was the only one - i got fungus knats inside a bag of roots organic as well, took the other bag i had back to the place i got it so he could open it in front of me - they were there also
no question this soil is infested

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Again, if you buy soil from a store (especially during the warm months), it's likely going to be infested with one critter or another. Pray for fungus gnats over root aphids.
Use appropriate preventative measures. Everything you bring into your grow could be infested with something (including YOU). Just one of the drawbacks of using soil. I still prefer soil-grown over anything hydro. Peace

Top Bottom