Sugar leaves dying, trichom s not amber

• Thread starter Newbie182
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Newbie182

Hello all, need some advice. So I’m in the tenth week of flowering and the leaves on the buds started turning brown. This is after one week of reducing nutrients by half. This week I just gave them water, but the leaves are continuing to brown, getting closer to the flower. I’m seeing sporadic amber tricomes but definitely not 5-10% of them that I’m waiting for to harvest. So basically not sure what to do now, just wait, or harvest?
Sugar leaves dying trichom s not amber 2
Sugar leaves dying trichom s not amber 3
Sugar leaves dying trichom s not amber 4
Sugar leaves dying trichom s not amber 5
Sugar leaves dying trichom s not amber 6
Sugar leaves dying trichom s not amber 7

Sugar leaves dying trichom s not amber
Z

Zill

NB,
Relax. Keep close eye on the calyx trichome color. Nearing harvest time of an annual plant everything is going to hell. The plant is shutting down. You’ve done a good job. The buds look full.

Calyx trichome - cloudy to amber. Your call. Pistils - brown/ amber and gnarly. Others will chime in but it looks pretty good to me.

Zill.

Choppr

Choppr

Shes an old lady, stop pickin on her - lol, shes supposed to look like that at harvest, she is cannibalizing herself, pulling all of her already processed nutrients to the buds... you must be noticing she's not drinking/taking nutrients from the soil? She will be showing all kinds of deficiencies...shes almost done. Like @Zill said watch the Trich's.....

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Hello. This is not a deficiency problem your plant looks great for this stage. I'm thinking maybe your burning her with the light. It's pretty easy to do.
In pictures 3, 4 and 5 the leaf browning looks very much like light burn. Hairs are browned up nicely. I'd be tempted to hang her.

Z

Zill

Shes an old lady, stop pickin on her - lol, shes supposed to look like that at harvest, she is cannibalizing herself, pulling all of her already processed nutrients to the buds... you must be noticing she's not drinking/taking nutrients from the soil? She will be showing all kinds of deficiencies...shes almost done. Like @Zill said watch the Trich's.....
Chopper rocks!

B

Budclarkson

I would chop the plants ASAP, the sugar leaves will continue to turn brown and crisp, its going to start on the buds soon.

Some of mine are in the same boat. Will be 9 weeks this weekend but not much progress on number of trichomes going amber.

Chop it now?
Trim off the yellow leaves? Is pulling off better or cut near the bud end food?

How about the brown tips on the bud?

1092FF42 0948 4160 A4E7 F673C30274D4
333B669D A5CC 44E9 AF5A 53F5B01C268B
93B24861 9B6B 4A99 B919 C0F5AADD3088
16DAB073 DBC4 4E3F A70E 02C1CEF4EDAF
16DAB073 DBC4 4E3F A70E 02C1CEF4EDAF
072E9D21 7BA2 4E67 A898 BD7212F2B1C8

B

Budclarkson

Thats plenty of amber. Imho
I chopped the main stem last night and left the lower branches until I can check those with a mic.

Trimmed most of the dying leaves and tips turning yellow/brown.

Should I look for the brown tips like in the 2nd to last pic and clip those off?

How long should this be left to hang dry? As I’ll be away for couple of days. Will be 7 days vs 9-10 days to get into a Grove Bag or Cvault. Condition in the dry tent are about 70F and 55% RH.

Top Bottom