Sugars for flowering what everyone using

• Thread starter IrishRob
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

There's a bunch of inexact "scientific" articles from <1990 that will lead a lot of people to believe that feeding plants directly with glucose, sucrose, etc. will show them take it up and, consequently, take up nitrogen and other vital nutrients more effectively.
They aren't wrong, but they were wrong in that they didn't recognize the actual mechanism of action - what the plants actually use the sugars for and how the microbes and the enzymes those microbes produce directly impact plant function.

Plants also absorb food coloring through their roots. What significance should we designate for that?

I'm not an expert, so certainly don't take my word for it. But I'll be happy to link as much research as to numb your brain.

edit: It should also be noted that much of this is still in hypothesis. Whether or not the plants actually use added sugar that they can absorb for functions other than those of symbiosis is on the table.
Can you point to these studies? I would be highly interested. I recently posted an article here about Apical dominance and the role sugars plays through the Indirect theory of apical dominance.

beluga

beluga

Can you point to these studies? I would be highly interested. I recently posted an article here about Apical dominance and the role sugars plays through the Indirect theory of apical dominance.
I'll absolutely be happy to when I'm at back at my work computer.

For the most part, if you use the keywords 'glucose', 'sucrose', 'monosaccharide', and 'sugar' with 'plant uptake' and 'plant root absorption' in scholar.google and then follow the article DOIs to sci-hub or something of that sort, you'll find yourself in a pretty deep rabbit hole.

From scholar.google, you can refine your search by date, author, etc.

From Sci-hub.do, you can open the DOIs by simply copy/pasting in the searchbar and hitting the key link.

DOIs are usually a number series with '10.xxx/xxx'. Should be pretty easy to identify - copy everything past the '10.'

Quite the useful resources.

Porky1982

Porky1982

Pot forum nonsense. Roots absorb monosaccharides in very predictable ratios.

What are kids doing for science experiments these days? How to get more views on Tiktok by pretending to be a girl? It takes a 6th grade education but you can measure the ppm of sugar water vs transpiration rate real simple. Put a gram of sugar in, should be a gram of sugar left when the waters gone right?

Stop gmoing your plants everyone. Brew a drinkable LAB, taste it. When all the sweet is gone it's ready. No gmoing your root zone or artificially sweetening your buds.
Are you trying to say plants will absorb sugars directly into them with out them being broken dowm by microbial organisms first??

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
No itā€™s carbonated soft drink yes I let go flat itā€™s made from lemon šŸ‹ but a sweet sugary kid drink .

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
And that's only in flower
Yes I mix it with water 2lt bottle to 8 Ltd water makes a 10 lt drink but donā€™t rush out to try it Iā€™m in coco perlite not sure what medium your in or intending to use mate . Od .

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Pot forum nonsense. Roots absorb monosaccharides in very predictable ratios.

What are kids doing for science experiments these days? How to get more views on Tiktok by pretending to be a girl? It takes a 6th grade education but you can measure the ppm of sugar water vs transpiration rate real simple. Put a gram of sugar in, should be a gram of sugar left when the waters gone right?

Stop gmoing your plants everyone. Brew a drinkable LAB, taste it. When all the sweet is gone it's ready. No gmoing your root zone or artificially sweetening your buds.

are you able to join a discussion with some supporting facts instead of weird misguided insults at ā€œkids these daysā€?. What kids? Most of us are old.

And no. Unless broken down into ions table sugar will not get through the root membrane into the plant.

Porky1982

Porky1982

I'm 47 that was kinda nasty
Mate ive been round forums for years and there is heaps of members like him. They post heaps of regurgitated shit they read from Google and pass it of as their own fact. Have a look at his profile. Heaps of posts telling others what to do and slagging others info off but has actually never put a photo up of anything that they have grown because they have never actually grown a cannabis plant.
This forum actually seems to have a lot less od them than some of the others ive been on.
Bit of advice for a newbie like ya self. Before you take advice from anyone on a forum check out their profile page and see if they have ever grown anything let alone a cannabis plant.

beluga

beluga

Mate ive been round forums for years and there is heaps of members like him. They post heaps of regurgitated shit they read from Google and pass it of as their own fact. Have a look at his profile. Heaps of posts telling others what to do and slagging others info off but has actually never put a photo up of anything that they have grown because they have never actually grown a cannabis plant.
This forum actually seems to have a lot less od them than some of the others ive been on.
Bit of advice for a newbie like ya self. Before you take advice from anyone on a forum check out their profile page and see if they have ever grown anything let alone a cannabis plant.
Doesn't seem too far off from a description of my own posts... but I use and regurgitate Google Scholar šŸ˜šŸ˜

But for real, this forum really stands out in terms of people not parroting a bunch of broken-record rhetoric.
Discussions can usually be generated and the community usually discusses without insult or belittlement.

IrishRob

IrishRob

Amen bro, I hear that I'm learning pretty much who I trust and those are a lot of the people that got back to me the first day I posted anything

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

You measure the sugar content of a plant with a brix meter......very simple to do. You take a small leaf sample. So the sugar are in the fan leaves and "sugar" leaves as we called them ( old school I guess)...lol!

So the sugar is getting into the leaves "somehow"..... and photosynthesis makes sense for the mechanism.

Advanced Nutrients is one of the only companies I know that did actual studies on it, and developed the product Bud Candy which does have sugars (for the microbes as food) and then the magic bullet......magnesium.

Sulfur is the other additive used.....as mentioned.

If they did uptake sugars for a benefit, I'm sure they would have put it in there formulas.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

You measure the sugar content of a plant with a brix meter......very simple to do. You take a small leaf sample. So the sugar are in the fan leaves and "sugar" leaves as we called them ( old school I guess)...lol!

So the sugar is getting into the leaves "somehow"..... and photosynthesis makes sense for the mechanism.

Advanced Nutrients is one of the only companies I know that did actual studies on it, and developed the product Bud Candy which does have sugars (for the microbes as food) and then the magic bullet......magnesium.

Sulfur is the other additive used.....as mentioned.

If they did uptake sugars for a benefit, I'm sure they would have put it in there formulas.

they all have a sugar finisher. Botanicare has sweet. Its based on old 50ā€™s peer reviewed tests on some plant or food. All the products in ag seem based in one or two discreet tests.

The kick is the ā€œsugarā€ product is actually mostly water and a little magnesium sulfate. And a dab of refined plant up takable sucrose. Its the sulfer mostly that adds flavor.

Top Bottom