Sulfur As A Terpene Enhancer

• Thread starter hawkman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hawkman

how dose sulfur act as a terpene enhancement product ? Thanks !! reason I asked there is a product that is 98% sulfur and states it enhances terpene's

H

hawkman

guy's the product is called "Silver bullet" by Key-to-life If you cant' find this stuff let me know - it took a bit of work to find it, One company only sells in the west coast and some states don't they can't deliver to

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Thats your second thread on the same product as far i know. Are you affiliated with them or whats the deal here?
It’s sulphur thats it. Not a big deal. It can be taken up by the roots too. Lots of shit you add has it and if you want you can water it in. It’d safer and effective imo.

H

hawkman

thanks ! sorry forgot about that thread will stay on top of things-- PEACE Guess that suflur isn't nothing special No affilation with them, just wanting to learn , feel that "thc' farmer" can answer many of my questions. had this hobby for any years, learning new stuff and forgetting some -- Help !! have use other bloom booster chemical and organic - as time goes by concerned on what I'm inhaling in my lungs, Have looked STerpinator" it has small amounts of "arsenic" in it - doesn't matter if small amounts or not after a while a small amopunt turns in to a lot in your body

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
thanks ! sorry forgot about that thread will stay on top of things-- PEACE Guess that suflur isn't nothing special No affilation with them, just wanting to learn , feel that "thc' farmer" can answer many of my questions. had this hobby for any years, learning new stuff and forgetting some -- Help !! have use other bloom booster chemical and organic - as time goes by concerned on what I'm inhaling in my lungs, Have looked STerpinator" it has small amounts of "arsenic" in it - doesn't matter if small amounts or not after a while a small amopunt turns in to a lot in your body

If you’re concerned about what you smoke, which you should be, then don’t spray or soil drench with boosters. Stick with basic organics, molasses is a real good booster on its own and coupled with something like epsom salt will give you an amazing booster. Magnesium, sulphur and potassium. Not much else is needed imho. Especially if you’re trying to get a clean smoke.

Most of that trace elements will be in everything and i mean everything. Its not the poison that kills, its the dosage. Just like asprin, you can take 2 and call the doctor in the morning or you can take 10 and the doctor calls your family. Asprin is poison so is almost all pharmaceuticals, so is oxygen and many “benign” things when its over a threshold. Thats just my opinion but i can cook up a good argument.

Of course safest way to go is trying to find a clean source that does not contain any of these impurities but at the end everything you add to your grow increases the chances of introducing some nasty stuff.

Sulphur is special thats why we have epsom. Very good source and if you still want to suplement sulphur, than you can get it of course its just not needed imo.

Anyway, i was just wondering why you were starting threads about the same product.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

If you’re concerned about what you smoke, which you should be, then don’t spray or soil drench with boosters. Stick with basic organics, molasses is a real good booster on its own and coupled with something like epsom salt will give you an amazing booster. Magnesium, sulphur and potassium. Not much else is needed imho. Especially if you’re trying to get a clean smoke.

Most of that trace elements will be in everything and i mean everything. Its not the poison that kills, its the dosage. Just like asprin, you can take 2 and call the doctor in the morning or you can take 10 and the doctor calls your family. Asprin is poison so is almost all pharmaceuticals, so is oxygen and many “benign” things when its over a threshold. Thats just my opinion but i can cook up a good argument.

Of course safest way to go is trying to find a clean source that does not contain any of these impurities but at the end everything you add to your grow increases the chances of introducing some nasty stuff.

Sulphur is special thats why we have epsom. Very good source and if you still want to suplement sulphur, than you can get it of course its just not needed imo.

Anyway, i was just wondering why you were starting threads about the same product.

What’s your Epson salt/ molasses mix? How much and how often? Do you do this in conjunction with powdered suf via water feed?

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
What’s your Epson salt/ molasses mix? How much and how often? Do you do this in conjunction with powdered suf via water feed?

Actually my personal flower boost has more things to it.

1. When i switch to 12/12, a good fungal dominant tea applied to the soil.

2. I water with molasses every or every other watering depending on the response (from early on). 1 tbs per gallon.

3. 4 weeks before harvest, banana fpe comes into play and gets cut out 2 weeks prior to harvest. 5-10ml per gallon weekly. At this point molasses leaves the scene.

4. Until 2 weeks prior to harvest, i give 1 tsp per gallon epsom every other week if not needed more visibly.

5. They are getting em1 bi-weekly. Which has sulfur fixing bacteria in it among many other microbes.

But i’m already working with a heavily ammended mix. Like most plants would burn, i don’t know how my gals are ok in it :)

I don’t use powdered or micronized sulphur. I don’t think you need much in that form when doing organic. You’re supplementing so much plant material to the soil (for example like neem has sulphur in abundance) that you don’t need to add to much unless plant shows deficiencies.

If you want to mix molasses and epsom and use this as a soil drench thats ok too. 1tbs molasses and 1tsp epsom per gallon is a good mix imo. So that makes a ratio of 3 to 1. You can mix 3 parts of molasses with 1 part of epsom and have a mix ready but i don’t see the point as you would lose the ability to use them on their own.

DetGrnThumb

DetGrnThumb

Actually my personal flower boost has more things to it.

1. When i switch to 12/12, a good fungal dominant tea applied to the soil.

2. I water with molasses every or every other watering depending on the response (from early on). 1 tbs per gallon.

3. 4 weeks before harvest, banana fpe comes into play and gets cut out 2 weeks prior to harvest. 5-10ml per gallon weekly. At this point molasses leaves the scene.

4. Until 2 weeks prior to harvest, i give 1 tsp per gallon epsom every other week if not needed more visibly.

5. They are getting em1 bi-weekly. Which has sulfur fixing bacteria in it among many other microbes.

But i’m already working with a heavily ammended mix. Like most plants would burn, i don’t know how my gals are ok in it :)

I don’t use powdered or micronized sulphur. I don’t think you need much in that form when doing organic. You’re supplementing so much plant material to the soil (for example like neem has sulphur in abundance) that you don’t need to add to much unless plant shows deficiencies.

If you want to mix molasses and epsom and use this as a soil drench thats ok too. 1tbs molasses and 1tsp epsom per gallon is a good mix imo. So that makes a ratio of 3 to 1. You can mix 3 parts of molasses with 1 part of epsom and have a mix ready but i don’t see the point as you would lose the ability to use them on their own.
Yeah. You basically have two options, run fully "synthetic" or mineral based nutrients that are chelated and as bioavailable as possible or run proper inoculants with organically sourced additives in order to help break these organically derived sources down to be utilized by the plants more efficiently. If you run organics with inoculants and then add mineral derived additives you run the risk of either building up biofilm in the rhizosphere or running into toxicity issues from overfeeding the ladies

H

hawkman

You are right ! Thanks for the information

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Yea Crimson - what are the amounts ? 2x's a week ?

I already replied to that but, if you want to do it every other watering, you can make a recipe like this; 1/4 tsp of epsom mixed with 0.5-1 tbs molasses per gallon at every watering (assuming 2 waterings weekly). If you only feed once every week then 1/2 tsp of epsom and 1 tbs molasses per gallon. If your plants show deficiencies you can take it up a notch. I do 1 tbs bi weekly.

The point is, imho, is to provide just a little boost. When a plant is healthy it will provide. So the main objective should be keeping it healthy to get the best out of it. Not stressing it to get more trichomes or anything. A well fed plant is a happy plant. Well fed, not overfed.

Plant needs these elements thru all the stages, just ratios differ. The biggest size and density booster is potassium but even that should not be overdone. And feeding only potassium would not result in biggest flowers by itself. Because plants, same as every other living thing, needs balance. We can manipulate the ratios to some degree but its should be within a reasonable margin imho.

H

hawkman

I already replied to that but, if you want to do it every other watering, you can make a recipe like this; 1/4 tsp of epsom mixed with 0.5-1 tbs molasses per gallon at every watering (assuming 2 waterings weekly). If you only feed once every week then 1/2 tsp of epsom and 1 tbs molasses per gallon. If your plants show deficiencies you can take it up a notch. I do 1 tbs bi weekly.

The point is, imho, is to provide just a little boost. When a plant is healthy it will provide. So the main objective should be keeping it healthy to get the best out of it. Not stressing it to get more trichomes or anything. A well fed plant is a happy plant. Well fed, not overfed.

Plant needs these elements thru all the stages, just ratios differ. The biggest size and density booster is potassium but even that should not be overdone. And feeding only potassium would not result in biggest flowers by itself. Because plants, same as every other living thing, needs balance. We can manipulate the ratios to some degree but its should be within a reasonable margin imho.

Well here I go -- all organic next grow ---- thanks for all information. Now what to do with all the chemical nutes I have ? you are a wealth of information (

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Well here I go -- all organic next grow ---- thanks for all information. Now what to do with all the chemical nutes I have ? you are a wealth of information (

Thanks, just a curious guy here. Never claim to know everything.

About chemical nutes, well you can finish them or gift them to someone. You can always use them on non edible plants too, like in your garden. Chemicals are not useless because i prefer not use them. Plants will love it nearly just as much. With nutes we cram down our cannabis’ neck in a season, we can sustain a flower garden for a long time.

H

hawkman

Thanks, just a curious guy here. Never claim to know everything.

About chemical nutes, well you can finish them or gift them to someone. You can always use them on non edible plants too, like in your garden. Chemicals are not useless because i prefer not use them. Plants will love it nearly just as much. With nutes we cram down our cannabis’ neck in a season, we can sustain a flower garden for a long time.

this last grow did:

chemical nutes once a week (Monday) and/then organic 1x per (Wed) the other days water or dry time

But still addicited to Bloom Booster - Advanced nutrients now offers a organic Big Bud, thoughts

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
this last grow did:

chemical nutes once a week (Monday) and/then organic 1x per (Wed) the other days water or dry time

But still addicited to Bloom Booster - Advanced nutrients now offers a organic Big Bud, thoughts

The biggest flower booster is potassium and bloom booster is phosporus imo (and scientifically). Thats it. They don’t have any magical ingredients to grow the flowers bigger unless they are injecting hormones in it. There are different ratios and bio-availability is important also but, there is no possible way or a need to provide anything that you don’t provide thru plants lifecycle. Not like a pinch of uranium would get you bigger flowers if you could get your hands on some.

Whatever you provide as a farmer is what plant needs and it doesn’t need anything else. Npk, secondary and micros. You manipulate the ratios to get bigger flowers. N early on P just before switch to end of bud forming and K thru ripening. Cal and mag is also important. But with organic living soil, all this stuff is inside the soil already. You can give a little K boost here and there or some nitrogen or magnesium if they are yellowing a tad (sometimes microherd gets stressed etc.) but the objective is to let the soil feed the plant and you feed the soil (microherd).

Now i’m not saying this new concoction would not work. Definitely it would help, because it probably has shit ton of K in it with some other micros and stuff. Hell maybe even a couple of natural enzymes. What i’m saying is, you can get comparable results with just a bit of caring and organic sources (ie. molasses, fermented plant extract of fruit peels and a little epsom) and you could keep your money in your pocket too.

Now that i looked at this product, i can replicate a concoction for you. Tho i’d need to tinker with it to give good ratios, a bat guano nutrient tea (high p) mixed with molasses (high k, iron, magnesium and cal) and egg shell dust (cal) mixed with citric acid (citrate), add epsom salts to that (magnesium and sulphur) and voila you got yourself a recipe for a great booster. As far as aminos, if you need to supplement more, there are tons of products that provides aminos, way cheaper (there are ways to make them at home too).

The resulting concoction would be technically identical with the one from AN for a fraction of ANs price. Ratios needs to be worked out as you go along but it includes all the macro and micro nutes on the label.

As you can see by the way molasses by itself is a kick ass booster :)

H

hawkman

thanks ! some "brew's" call for un-sulfur molasses ? liquid vs powder ? ("Kelp 4 Less" have great organic // /products purchased their Liquid Gold as a Booster

Top Bottom