Sulfur Burn Hockey Puck!

• Thread starter TrichromeFan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Hey guys,
just got done beating out the hard hockey puck of melted sulfur back out of my aluminum cup that is from my Ecoplus sulfur burner. I usually just smack it against the ground until it gives up the goods. The lil' sucker seems like it won't last too long beating it up this way. Anybody have a better solution to get their used sulfur material back out of the burner after use?

Thanks,

-TF

waayne

waayne

TrichomeFan try letting the puck cool down to room temp then plug your burner back in and in a minute
or so it will start to warm the cup enough so that the puck will just fall out......If you space out:rolleyes: and leave it plugged in too long of course all the sulfur will melt again and you'll have to unplug your burner and let the puck cool off again and start over.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Ah-so! Sounds logical to me man. I run the burner for 4 hrs near the beginning of the dark cycle, and when I get to the burner after lights on, it is a cold, hard, puck. I will try that method for sure next time. My old method was neanderthal at best. Thanks big time.

-TF

waayne

waayne

no problem homie!

Be careful with that puck if you reheat it too much it will be really hot.Oh yeah, I added the space out part because of my own experiences reheating pucks too much.
I'm definitely not insinuating that you're as spacey as me ;) lol

Kcar

Kcar

Why take it out? It's just sulfur. It just melted then set up. It's not 'used up' until it's gone.

Asbestos4u

Asbestos4u

The local guy at the grow shop told me that the sulfer should be broken up into pices after each use. He said if not the sulfer will pop and explode, leaving pices of hot sulfer all over your plants.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
My experience, take the cup with the hardened sulfur in it and I leave it on a concrete ground overnight and in the morning it's hella cold and shrunken or hardened just enough to just slap it upside down into a 5gal plastic bucket, works every time, maybe a few hits but I have bended/misshapen cups when I used to try and do it room temp...fwiw
I've been using sulfur vape for 10 years:)

green punk

green punk

If its pure sulfur, which it should be... then keep using it until its all gone. Does it lose its ability to vaporize after it has harden after a previous use?

Try throwing the cup in freezer, then it should fall out easily.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
I use fresh sulfur prills every time, why, cause it's dirt cheap and I feel that you aren't getting the same amount of sulfur out of the already vaped...would you keep vaping your herb, cause it's there, there is some left? Always going to be something left since you are not burning it...

that's a good question green punk, does it lose some of the activeness after a vaping?
I kind of always figured it did, but I have no science or research put into that at all, just always poured fresh every vape.

green punk

green punk

we need squiggly to chime in. I use pyrotechnic sulfur its the only stuff I could get. Its 99.5% pure. Comes so fine if you sneeze its like flower.

singingcrow

singingcrow

Can any of you good people send a link as to where you buy your sulfur burners?

Top Bottom