Sulfur Burner

• Thread starter SUPERBABY
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SUPERBABY

I just got a slufur burner for my PM prob, but the instructions say to make sure all the leaves are wet before I do my burn..

should I mist before I burn?

How many of the little sulfur pellets should I use?

thx:)

E

ent

yeah some say misting will help the sulfur 'stick'. you should fill the burner about half full of pellets. it will last quite a while.

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

I would not spray the leafs first.
I run my sulphar burner for over a year.
Just make sure there is a thin dust layer of sulphar on the leafs.
Hope this helps.

I

InvisibleM

OK I'm curious here, I only had PM once when just a few cuttings were under a humidity dome, all from the same mom. When I took them out the PM went away.

So I have always believed it was caused by the high humidity and a mother that was susceptible. Can you guys shed a little more light on this?

Do all of your different strains get the PM and does low humidity and night time heat (70 degrees or higher) and constant exhaust not make the PM go away?

E

ent

OK I'm curious here, I only had PM once when just a few cuttings were under a humidity dome, all from the same mom. When I took them out the PM went away.

So I have always believed it was caused by the high humidity and a mother that was susceptible. Can you guys shed a little more light on this?

Do all of your different strains get the PM and does low humidity and night time heat (70 degrees or higher) and constant exhaust not make the PM go away?

PM is more of a general term that describes a couple different types of pathogens. I could look them up and get their latin names upon request. But these mildews thrive at different temps and different humidities. When you read on the forums you'll see some people say high humidity was their problem, while others will complain low humidity led to their PM expanding. I tend to believe these users are just dealing with a different species of pathogen, but all appear the same so they fall under the umbrella name of powdery mildew.

consider your self extremely lucky that the PM did not spread to the other cuts. By the time you actually see the PM, it is nearing the end of it's life cycle and what you see are spores, ready to become airborne and attach to other porous organic material.

S

sfzoo

Bump!

Have a few Qs for the masses:

-For preventative applications, what is the ideal(or close to ideal) length and frequency of burns?

I was thinking maybe once per week at 1hr per burn.
..or, once per day at 15min per burn..

i have no baseline for these estimation, just random ballpark numbers that i remember reading somewhere.

-Are there any preparations before burning? e.g., covering bulbs, sockets, etc.?

-All fans off? including circ fans?

-Lights on? off?

-Are there any post burn procedures? cleaning bulbs, washing/rinsing plants, cleaning fans, etc?

Thanks for looking, didn't want to start a new thread.

I

ibTheMan

you burn for a minimum of 2 hours, even if its ever day. 3 to 5 hours on your once ah week burns.

S

sfzoo

I was under the impression that 1hr burn was the norm.

it should be said, my space is quite small. Were talking >100sqft.

Anyone else?

Latest posts

Top Bottom