Sulfur Burners?

• Thread starter Rubbertoe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Rubbertoe

Anyone use these and what is the recommended time to burn in a 10 X 10 room?

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Sulfur burners are one of the best cultural controls for PM and work very well in conjunction with a systemic and non systemic chemical treatment program.

Best time to burn sulfur is night time (for the plants) and make sure they are sprayed with water beforehand.

hiboy

hiboy

I always run it 5 hrs. Turn off lights and ventilation fans
h

altimood

altimood

Sulfur burners are one of the best cultural controls for PM and work very well in conjunction with a systemic and non systemic chemical treatment program.

Best time to burn sulfur is night time (for the plants) and make sure they are sprayed with water beforehand.

I'm burning tonight for the first time. What happens if you don't hit the plants with water? This is a giant flowering room with plants in various stages of growth. I have to burn at this point. I guess someone is going to have to man the atomizer every evening now to spray them down. Also looking for input on how late into flower can you burn? Thx to anyone for sharing.

M

MTM

Ive burnt up to 4 weeks in but I know guys who have alot of pm problems that burn at 6 weeks,I only burn 2 hours if they are that late in bloom.
The next time burn right at two weeks in flower and your crop will useually be free from pm.I know its hard if your running perpetual but if you have pm bad it my be better to start them all at the same time next run

D

DMTx6

After a few days of burning does the pm just disappear, or should it be wiped of . Sorry for the noob question..

M

MTM

You need to get rid of anything infected,it dont go away!!!,A sulfer burner only prevents PM its not for killing it while flowering...If you catch it late in flower just get rid of everything infected.Sometimes its very little and sometimes its your whole grow room.Ive had 5 strains flowering before and the only ones that got PM were Subfools space bomb and space queen.I know alot of growers like me who say they had never seen pm until growing TGA gear..Next run burn in veg and two weeks into flower and more than likely you wont see any PM

D

DMTx6

Thanks for the reply. If you see pm on the leaves does that mean most likely there's pm on the buds?

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

I have never had to burn sulfur, does it effect flavor much when used in later flowering- - any recommendations on a good elemental sulfur/& burner to buy :wondering

If a person is not having problems would this be something worthwhile to do as a preventative measure or is this only when you are having problems?

J

Jalisco Kid

I burn about 3 weeks in veg.Then 2 weeks before and then 2 weeks after the flip. I also spray my plants with K silicate which I feel is a better preventive, but the vapor gets everywhere.
I get my sulfur burners for the thrift stores, my fav was a muffin baker w/t-stat. JK

I am one of those that believe once a plant has it, it is there for the plants life. E-20 will knock it down but I have seen long lived moms treated and it comes back in the perfect rooms.

F

FrostyTheGroMan

I burn about 3 weeks in veg.Then 2 weeks before and then 2 weeks after the flip. I also spray my plants with K silicate which I feel is a better preventive, but the vapor gets everywhere.
I get my sulfur burners for the thrift stores, my fav was a muffin baker w/t-stat. JK

I am one of those that believe once a plant has it, it is there for the plants life. E-20 will knock it down but I have seen long lived moms treated and it comes back in the perfect rooms.

Hey JK, I was wondering if E-20 will get rid of any PM my girls have on them already? or is it more of a preventative??

Would it be best to clip all the infected leaves first then spray? Or will the E-20 just kill everything on site?

Thanks in advance for any advise u could share!! Peace

J

Jalisco Kid

It is sold as a cure,I believe it just really suppresses the pm till the plants immune system is compromised. I would never ever use poison as a preventive maintenance. I only use them to treat new plants(which is rare) that will become my moms. Remember you should treat your room and ventilation system as well. I would throw away all filters. JK

green punk

green punk

Where you guys getting the Sulfur? I was told a little while back (March)that the EPA banned its sales. Any info?

G

Gaval

It is sold as a cure,I believe it just really suppresses the pm till the plants immune system is compromised. I would never ever use poison as a preventive maintenance. I only use them to treat new plants(which is rare) that will become my moms. Remember you should treat your room and ventilation system as well. I would throw away all filters. JK

even charcoal filters?

J

Jalisco Kid

Unless you can kill all the spores it is a battle that is hard to control. Heat is the only way I can think of to kill all spores in a filter. Mine will not fit in an oven or microwave. Maybe running a filter while releasing an aerosol fungicide might do the job.JK

J

Jalisco Kid

I do not as my girls really dump(transpire) a lot of moisture during lights out. I just leave my dehuey off. JK

J

Jalisco Kid

Just wanted to say look for info besides these type of boards. Use google to look for sulfur vaporize toxic university studies. Most places will say not to use it while leaves are wet. I read another thread where someone says it is poisonous not to use it. Do not be in the room,seal the room off well. I use blue painter's tape and tape the door shut. Exhaust the room 2 hours before entering and you would be good to go. It is used on food you eat coming out of greenhouses. JK

A

AliasAO

Just wanted to say look for info besides these type of boards. Use google to look for sulfur vaporize toxic university studies. Most places will say not to use it while leaves are wet. I read another thread where someone says it is poisonous not to use it. Do not be in the room,seal the room off well. I use blue painter's tape and tape the door shut. Exhaust the room 2 hours before entering and you would be good to go. It is used on food you eat coming out of greenhouses. JK

Yo JK, How much does a good Sulfur Burner cost and Can I pick one up at my local grow shop or elsewhere>>???

--AO

Top Bottom