Sulphur for increasing terpene production?

• Thread starter Andy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hi all, I hear that sulphur’s good for increasing terpene production. My plants never have a sulphur deficiency or any other, but I’d love to increase the terpenes without adding a false flavour.

Has anyone tried this with success? And what would be a good way to go about this?

Cheers.
Subjective as I have had no testing done. 2gram per gal is what I use of mag sulfate mid to late flower. Some use as high as 5grams per gal.

Andy

Andy

I'm doing coco atm too. Dose will depend on base nutrients. I use mag sulfate at different rates through the grow.

Mag sulfate (epsom salts) I just buy at the drugstore or anywhere that has a pharmacy. Just make sure its pure mag sulfate... no perfume added
Thanks :) does it really make a significant difference to smell/taste?

Andy

Andy

Like I say no data but I do find it helps... that doesn't mean your going to have the stinkiest weed by adding it... genetics, plant health through the grow, dry and cure are all bigger factors but yes imo it helps if the others are done well.
Nice one :) I’ve tried terpinator and it cates my tank and plumbing in organic sludge that took ages to clear up - does Epsom daily’s leave a residue as well? I’ll probably avoid if it does..

Andy

Andy

Nope none at all... extremely soluble and no residue.
Great, really appreciate you helping me out, I’m definitely going to try this one..

I’d be interested to hearing the experiences of others with this and how it affects flavour - are there other people who swear by this & feel it makes a significant difference?

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

Clackamas Coot was recently saying on the Eagle Gardens show, that sulphur can enhance cannabis terpenes. He based this off of sulphur being the main ingredient in terpinator. It isn't listed as an ingredient, but he said after tracking down the MSDS sheet for that product, this was what he discovered.

Madmax

Madmax

Can someone put this linky up..old thread..
Screenshot 20201130 134514

Homesteader

Homesteader

If you run in soil, I would highly recommend a healthy dose of Calcium sulfate (a few handfuls of gypsum per plant) at the beginning of every grow. Much cheaper than some of the other products out there too.

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Potassium Sulphate and Magnesium Sulphate for the win!!!
I noticed a big improvement in flavor compared to previous crops...
Highly raccomended boost for final weeks!

Thegreywizard

Thegreywizard

My local grow store has some epsom salt/magnesium sulphate that is marketed towards rose bush blooming and it states it has 12% sulphur content.

So Is that 12% sulphur standard to all epsom salt, or is the one at the grow store charged/amended with more sulphur?

Since we're chasing flavor and terpenes, epsom salt would be good to run all the way till the end, including during flush then right?

Latest posts

Top Bottom