Summer Grow, Bubba Kush x Blue Moonshine

• Thread starter kolah
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kolah

Summer grow bubba kush x blue moonshine
Summer grow bubba kush x blue moonshine 2
I was fortunate to get some killer seeds, much thanks to the Colorado gifters! I am stoked. This will be a greenhouse grow and if I get brave I may put a couple of them straight outdoors. It's a bit risky growing outdoors here in the Rocky Mt's at 9300 foot up. Snow, Hail and cold nights are the biggest threats as well as a abnormal high count of grasshoppers this year. I plan on roasting some the the little bastards. I hear they are quite nutritious and let it send a message to the other hoppers' that I will cook their jumpy little asses to Kingdom Come (whatever the hell that means).

I was gifted 14 beans of Bubba Kush x Blue Moonshine (DJ Short)which were popped in beer cups with a bottom mix of OF and top mix of Light Warrior. I have seen where this strain is called Bubba-Shine. Treating these beans like pure gold, I only used six of them and saved the rest. I did a 24 hr pre-soak in my clean 6.5 pH'ed spring water. After their bath, 5 beans sunk to the bottom (meaning the inner embryo sucked up the water) which is good. One bean stayed afloat but it got planted as well (and it popped without problem). So I got six babies looking pretty and they will soon go into 5 gallon plastic buckets in about another week. I'll be using 50-50 mix of OF and HF and some General Organic liquid nutes. Each 5 gallon pail will get 4-5 red wiggler worms. I like the live worm idea as they are quite beneficial and I think it makes a happy environment for all involved. Out of six plants I hope to save one good male for pollen and reproduction. ( I know the chances are slim but ya never know). After they sex out I will cut out the bottom of the buckets and put the females directly in the ground.
And off I go. (that's my GH and you can see my tipi (my home) and my GSD watchdog)

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Damn that tipi must be covered in snow in the winter at 9300 ft,At least its got hi speed internet!

Reactions: mal
psilobuds

psilobuds

man that greenhouse looks weird in the middle of that field! it must get insanely cold in winter where you are. it's rare to get light frosts where i am!

K

kolah

man that greenhouse looks weird in the middle of that field! it must get insanely cold in winter where you are. it's rare to get light frosts where i am!

I got 26 acres of fields. And yeah it gets a bit nippy here in winter. I love it though. I was raised in Buffalo, NY where there are 4 seasons; Winter, Winter, Winter and Road construction. Here is CO, winters are a cakewalk and I have never seen a CO storm come close to a Buffalo storm.

Mogrow

Mogrow

kolah, you live in a tee-pee??? damn dude, i thought i was back woods..
nice looking piece of ground you got.
peace mogrow
oh and your plants lookk great too..

K

kolah

Yup, 6 years and still digging it. It's paid for, cheap to heat and all a man needs. I am outdoors most of the time anywho. Many years ago I visited the Philippines and met the villagers who lived in very small grass huts. I thought to myself..."hell, I could live like that." They rarely spend time indoors. IMO, having a big house is a huge waste.

Intense

Intense

How long is the season where you are Kolah? That's some serious snowfall you get there.

K

kolah

lol@Jereimiah Jones and pallet monk

Intense, The growing season here is June to Sept but we have gotten snows in June and September. The greenhouse is a must.

K

kolah

Yeah OW, I'd have to check weather records (or ask an old timer) but it wouldn't surprise me.

update: All six Bubba-Shines (aka Blue-Bubba, Bubba-Blue, Blue-Moon, Moon-Kush) are resting comfortably in roomy 5 gallon buckets. (3 in OF and 3 in HF soil). They were gifted with worms and rocks. They get misted 3-4 times per day and brought inside at night. Although nights are warming up it is still going close to freezing so I ain't a' taking any risks. No-way-uh-uhh.

I need another greenhouse. Hmm.

Latest posts

Top Bottom