Summer Grow, Bubba Kush x Blue Moonshine

• Thread starter kolah
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kolah

Dcp 3773

another shot of the 2 bubbashiners but a lil closer. Yes growth is slow, but lets hope the quality of this bud will make up for the quanity. I have six seeds I saved so i think next time around I will do a few things differently. I still have 4-5 weeks until these gals flower out so I hope they gain another foot or so in height or width. I have been pumping in lots of liquid ferts (General organics) without any signs of burning. I don't often see that nice bright green color in the new growth sites as I see in so many other plants. I highly doubt it's a nute lock out as well. In all my plants I've used the same soil mix without problems so this is a bit of a challenge for me.

K

kolah

More on the others later. I sacrificed one BS plant as I wanted to examine its root structures. Because of the slow growth I gently? pulled one plant out of its soil to inspect the root ball for disease or critters and found nothing. I replanted it, it lost some leaves and is now being nursed along. Another plant got some vary small worm/snail trails on the lower leaves and IMO it was a bit more than I thought was acceptable. there were also some holes that looked like bite marks but too small to be from grasshoppers. I isolated it away from the GH, plucked the effected leaves and it is now doing better with no signs of leaf damage. I will pop up some pics of those tonight. These two have still not revealed their sex.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Very nice, Kolah. It seems like you figured out how to help your plants through those drastic temp swings?

outwest

Reactions: mal
K

kolah

note: I am well aware that the small buckets are a bit limiting in terms of veg growth but I have grown big plants in the past with 6-9 ounce yields in 5 gallon plastic buckets throughout the entire veg and flower stages. Last year I had a DJ Short blueberry in a 5 gallon pail that yielded 9 ounces of tight nugs. That sweet babe almost hit the roof of my GH before I harvested her.

As for these current BubbaShines, I will be switching to some liquid fert fish emulsion and see how that goes.

K

kolah

Very nice, Kolah. It seems like you figured out how to help your plants through those drastic temp swings?

outwest
TY OW. Some fans and a heater would help for sure. Maybe down the road I will make the investment but for now I work with what I have. It becomes even more stressful during that last 3 weeks of flower where RH up here spikes high in the evenings. I do not know if anyone noticed by I have put a lot more vent openings around the greenhouse and will probably put in some more just to use all the available wind I can get. I had some chipmunks getting in the GH and after setting a rat trap I caught two and no signs of any other critter invasion. I hate to kill the little guys but I had to. They are small but still good for the crock pot. :)

IMO, growing outdoors is the cheapest way to grow your own medicine...but I think it also is quite challenging as you have to deal with all the elements and adjust accordingly. Indoor grows (once set up nicely) keep everything in a more controlled environment and give the plants more desirable conditions. OTOH there has to be something said for outdoor growing, real sunshine, natural winds, rainwater and the natural stresses that often make plants stronger and healthier.

BTW I will save one Bubbashine male and pollen chuck it with my DJ Short Vanilluna (Vanilla Moon) and also cross a BS male with my SuperSkunk. (remember that that my Superskunk was a sensi found seed and is a monster plant as we speak.) So i'll p[robably have a "Super-Moon" or a "Bubba-Luna" or a "Bubba Skunk."

Goodsen Cranium

Goodsen Cranium

Kolah, I am really enjoying this journey with you. I peeped the gecko statue early. Your greenhouse looks like a haven. Made me smile. What are some of the other plants you have growing?

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I forgot to mention. . . I totally hear you On your garden beIng a happy place for you. Few places I enjoy spending time more then in my garden!

outwest

K

kolah

In the GH I have:
Bubba Shine
Afghani #1
DJ Shorts Vanilluna
Superskunk
AK47 x Cherrybomb
White Widow x Big Bud
White Widow x AK47
Original Amnesia

Once culling is done I'll have about 12 plants.

entropy99

entropy99

Love those greenhouse beds Kolah, very attractive.

That outdoor photo of the clouds is awesome!

K

kolah

Love those greenhouse beds Kolah, very attractive.

That outdoor photo of the clouds is awesome!

yeah we get so much sun here that I often love a nice cloudy grey day...and the rain has been a blessing.

K

kolah

Looks like big mule deer country kolah,gorgeous!

Heck yeah, Deer come to my horse troughs to drink. But we have lots of Elk here too. Herds of 100 are not uncommon. If you catch the entire herd running it is a mind-blowing experience..the dust and the sound is crazy. Cougar and Bear hang out on those rock outcroppings.

rollon

rollon

Hey kolah just came across ur thread and admire ur originality. Not to many tipi grows on the farm I would guess.earlier u were talking about the drastic temp swings in ur greenhouse. U can heat a greenhouse at night with containers or barrels of water that get heated buy the sun during daytime and release the heat at night. If u have room in ur G.h. it could help with night temps and seems consistent with ur grow style. Good luck with ur grow.

K

kolah

Yes, Rollon, water barrels which produce thermal mass are a great idea, thanks..but I have limited space as you can see. The GH is only 10x12. Last year I bought a cheap propane heater to keep it warm enough at night to get a harvest but the heater really spiked my RH readings way over the top. I am shopping around for a small pot belly wood stove which will lower RH temps. Any strains higher in sativa will go into November to finish up and we often can get snow here in late September or October. In those later months, it's a real nail-biter for me and some nights I am up at 11pm and 4 am just to keep an eye on them to make sure they don't freeze up.

Thanks NB, this is only my second grow so I consider myself a novice. I have learned a lot mostly from reading here on the Farm but I really do not have real-time grow experience. I've grown veggies for 30+ years and my green thumb does help me with my MMJ grow....but I have much to learn yet. I'll get there but in the meantime I have been pretty fortunate so far. Peace all!

I am not 100% sure but I think Bubba-Shine (Bubba Kush x DJ's Blue Moonshine) is from Bodhi Seeds. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

treebark1950

treebark1950

I Love the atmosphere you grow in, its far superior to the city life I feel cooped up in! I feel you on the energy and vibe I feel with the plants! I often smoke doobies while sitting on floor in the middle of my rooms just staring and thinking about them!

Good luck!

K

kolah

I Love the atmosphere you grow in, its far superior to the city life I feel cooped up in! I feel you on the energy and vibe I feel with the plants! I often smoke doobies while sitting on floor in the middle of my rooms just staring and thinking about them!

Good luck!

Thanks, man. I was cooped up too and felt strangled to death. I bailed out in 06 and never looked back. As a kid I always gravitated towards Nature. I skipped rocks, hiked, fished, swam, watched the sky, the birds, daydreamed, etc but then I was forced to grow up in a shitty system that never felt right to me. I never fit in. I never felt "whole." Something was missing terribly. So I left. People would often ask me, "what is it you are running away from?" And my answer was that I wasn't running away from anything but moreso I am running TOWARDS something. And that "something" was another way of life, a much better life. For me.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Kolah,what general area are you in and how did you find your 26 acres?

Latest posts

Top Bottom