Sunset Sherbert - Blue Cheese

• Thread starter Madmax
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Hey in what doses do you use primordial??

1ml/gal during veg, 2-3ml/gal during flower. They're crazy small amounts needed to be very effective. I grew my three tent girls through the whole flowering period and it made no noticable dent in my supply. Even outdoors in huge pots (1200gal total dirt) and the 32oz bottles with probably last more than two seasons. Havent used it in tea yet but very excited about it.

Try out their starter kits of three products in 2oz bottles for $36US. I've heard they're lasting indoor growers years.

@Madmax, if you want to buy Primordial and can't get it over there you're welcome to order it to be sent to me and I'll ship it to you. Make sure that it's legal first. I think it's ridiculous that you can't buy where you are and I'd be very happy to help you with the logistics.

Madmax

Madmax

That would b fantastic mate,i will look into cost and maybe nxt grow we could work something out but i dont like my chances...we pay through the nose not only on price but to even get it here...i was buying a couple gs worth of gear through growers house that were very kind and happy to help out but freight was like a g to get to here...i really really hope in future probably when its legal that you guys set up a few shops here..near everything i wanted i cant get...cmh light are like 700 here.controllers for gavitas 700+ just to name a few..ridiculous.....but what can ya do...ya gotta have what ya gotta have..

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

That would b fantastic mate,i will look into cost and maybe nxt grow we could work something out but i dont like my chances...we pay through the nose not only on price but to even get it here...i was buying a couple gs worth of gear through growers house that were very kind and happy to help out but freight was like a g to get to here...i really really hope in future probably when its legal that you guys set up a few shops here..near everything i wanted i cant get...cmh light are like 700 here.controllers for gavitas 700+ just to name a few..ridiculous.....but what can ya do...ya gotta have what ya gotta have..

...and I thought Canada was bad about that sh*t. Sheesh.

Madmax

Madmax

Day 134...not much is happening apart from its hot hot frocking hot..and windy as fuck.
Girls got 2 veg teas last week and its greened em up slightly..yesterday gave them some bat guarno 10/10/2 1/2 strength with required dose of fulvic acid..that was there last feed of veg bat guarno and should see them through..the organic nutes im using for npk for early flower are 1/2/4 and will give them a booster of bloom bat guarno npk 1/9/1 when they need it.got some early flower teas i will use sparingly..late blooms npk is 1/3/8 should b sufficient

Around 280 litres a week of rainwater they are getting ,8ltrs ea a day..any less and they let me know about it..wont b long now for the budding to start..they usually average bout feb 6th but was hoping they'd start a week earlier seems i gave them 3 weeks head start.they are going okay..and the others up scrub are pretty big.wish i could of grown them naturally as they are hitting the top of cage.cant have them no taller..they are a jungle.will show yas some pics nxt week..some pics.not good but they will do..was pretty windy when taken..
20190128 153029
20190128 153118
20190128 153010
20190128 152720
20190128 153213

Last edited:
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Day 134...not much is happening apart from its hot hot frocking hot..and windy as fuck.
Girls got 2 veg teas last week and its greened em up slightly..yesterday gave them some bat guarno 10/10/2 1/2 strength with required dose of fulvic acid..that was there last feed of veg bat guarno and should see them through..the organic nutes im using for npk for early flower are 1/2/4 and will give them a booster of bloom bat guarno npk 1/9/1 when they need it.got some early flower teas i will use sparingly..late blooms npk is 1/3/8 should b sufficient

Around 280 litres a week of rainwater they are getting ,8ltrs ea a day..any less and they let me know about it..wont b long now for the budding to start..they usually average bout feb 6th but was hoping they'd start a week earlier seems i gave them 3 weeks head start.they are going okay..and the others up scrub are pretty big.wish i could of grown them naturally as they are hitting the top of cage.cant have them no taller..they are a jungle.will show yas some pics nxt week..some pics.not good but they will do..was pretty windy when taken..View attachment 853998 View attachment 853999 View attachment 854000 View attachment 854001 View attachment 854002

Sheesh, those are big healthy plants. They're going to be huge, dude.

Are you going to give them some support? I think you might lose a lot of branches without at least some mesh trellis to grow through. They're already very tall for their structure.

Last edited:
Madmax

Madmax

Hahahaha..they are getting there.they are about a ft taller than the norm.

Yeah they need a little help hey.id like to put a 6 metre by 2.3 scrog net over the first row and weave the tops through it..it would b the biggest scrog ive seen..it could b done but .
I usually string them without choking em.i put one string abut halfway 2/3 from the top peg it then tie another 180 deg opposite it and it holds the firmly it will sway but not fall over or break..ive never lost any.just a pita tying all of them..you can see ive already started tying some down..mostly the middle one atm..usually i do it at end of feb lol..

Last edited:
Madmax

Madmax

Like this.and when the top gets taller i'll undo the end and bend it more..they should b okay

Rain is my enemy at the end .the main ones at front dont get that much wind but the 2 at rear..the wind bounces off the back shed and blows hard on them..thats the reason why i have put the shade cloth to use it as a wind break..its helping them out abit..
20190128 181404

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Hahahaha..they are getting there.they are about a ft taller than the norm.

Yeah they need a little help hey.id like to put a 6 metre by 2.3 scrog net over the first row and weave the tops through it..it would b the biggest scrog ive seen..it could b done but .
I usually string them without choking em.i put one string abut halfway 2/3 from the top peg it then tie another 180 deg opposite it and it holds the firmly it will sway but not fall over or break..ive never lost any.just a pita tying all of them..you can see ive already started tying some down..mostly the middle one atm..usually i do it at end of feb lol..

You're working too hard. All you have to do is set the net a few inches above the tops and they'll grow through. Do this for a couple layers then do a vertical perimeter wrap to avoid shearing when they've become large enough. Metal fence stakes work great for a frame and have incremental protrusions to keep it all solid.
20170708 070124
20170719 080025
20170731 101238
20170806 192548 1
20170823 071007 1

Just an idea that worked well for me and others on here. I only lost one branch when I did this my first year and I'm going back to it.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Like this.and when the top gets taller i'll undo the end and bend it more..they should b okay

Rain is my enemy at the end .the main ones at front dont get that much wind but the 2 at rear..the wind bounces off the back shed and blows hard on them..thats the reason why i have put the shade cloth to use it as a wind break..its helping them out abit..View attachment 854005

I considered your conditions when I made that suggestion. It's sounds like we have almost the exact same weather at different points in the grow. I'm figuring what works for me will probably work for you.

Last edited:
Madmax

Madmax

Its a good idea.id only need one layer as i tie and bend to keep height down.plus i have to water them from above the mesh .they would prolly grow a foot above it which would work great..ive been thinking about it for a little while .i guess im getting lazy lol..the most ive ever spent this yr.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Its a good idea.id only need one layer as i tie and bend to keep height down.plus i have to water them from above the mesh .they would prolly grow a foot above it which would work great..ive been thinking about it for a little while .i guess im getting lazy lol..the most ive ever spent this yr.

When you do the verticle wrap, if you put it directly around the plants instead of the frame, you'll get better support. Just the into the the stakes to give the net support.

I only needed a single layer the first time. My plants were much bigger, like yours, the second year. Those girls of yours are gonna be big. They haven't even flipped yet and I'm figurin you hot at least a 100% stretch coming. For your first outdoor attempt those are some really imoressive plants. They look at lot like the monsters Greatlakes grows. You should check out her trellis work.

Madmax

Madmax

Lol..this is my 20th yr lsting like this..31 yrs ive grown outdoors bud..i mentioned it back few pages.i dont blame you for forgetting though,you grew some mighty plants last yr and it must b fire cause its makin ya forget :)

I think my 3rd post in greatlakes thread i asked if she was married lol..hahahaha

Shes in a league of her own..legend status ..i like how she trained them at the start with the netting ,saves using a gazillion pegs..i think i need to up the ante and tinker with how i train em...i need to change my ways lol..if i had more room id grow em wider...

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Lol..this is my 20th yr lsting like this..31 yrs ive grown outdoors bud..i mentioned it back few pages.i dont blame you for forgetting though,you grew some mighty plants last yr and it must b fire cause its makin ya forget :)

I think my 3rd post in greatlakes thread i asked if she was married lol..hahahaha

Shes in a league of her own..legend status ..i like how she trained them at the start with the netting ,saves using a gazillion pegs..i think i need to up the ante and tinker with how i train em...i need to change my ways lol..if i had more room id grow em wider...

Oh sh*t, sorry. Hahaha

I thought I remembered you say in the beginning of the thread you had 20yrs exp with indoor but this was your first outdoor, or it was the first time after 20yrs, or something like that. There was another person from Australia on here that I was following too and might have gotten info mixed.

I actually do have memory problems. It's really really good except where it gets holes in it. Then it fills in that info with sh*t that seems to make sense. It's very frustrating sometimes.

Madmax

Madmax

All good bro ;) .. Hey uno ive been looking up the sodium thiosulphate and silver nitrate and some guys on another forum just spray branch a couple times for it to work..sprays the branch,wait for the pollen to just about open ,then cut that branch off and then cut a hole on side of plastic purified water bottle and place branch in the water.puts the branch(branches) under an cfl 2700 light 12/12 till they crack and just put foil under branch to collect..seems way easier than using the colodial silver ..im thinking of going to this chemical store and get them to make it for me...

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

All good bro ;) .. Hey uno ive been looking up the sodium thiosulphate and silver nitrate and some guys on another forum just spray branch a couple times for it to work..sprays the branch,wait for the pollen to just about open ,then cut that branch off and then cut a hole on side of plastic purified water bottle and place branch in the water.puts the branch(branches) under an cfl 2700 light 12/12 till they crack and just put foil under branch to collect..seems way easier than using the colodial silver ..im thinking of going to this chemical store and get them to make it for me...

Yeah, screw colloidal. I'll never use that unreliable sh*t again.

That sounds like a brilliant idea dude. Is it just pure water? I'd use an LED/COB cause I can find cheap ones on Amazon and have to limit my power consumption. I need to get another fixture and tiny tent anyway.

I read in one place that three sprays is more effective. The first one being a week or two before the flip. Anyone you read say that as well?

...and you probably already know, fully mixed STS only has a 30 day shelf life under optimal conditions. I learned that recently.

Madmax

Madmax

One guy just mentions a glass of water the other guy has a pic of the branches in a purified plastic bottle..id say they wouldnt b under light too long as branch were cut just before opening..using garbage bag trick.cover plant then spray branch then let it sit overnite.one guy even done 4 strains on one female....hows that for convenience.done .different strain ea day....me likey...
I only came across the shelf life when i seen the instructions how to use it..

Havnt seen when to apply it but.once sprayed male sacs are out in 2 week..id b using the pollen when buds are 2 weeks old maybe 3 as that branch can b left till last

Last edited:
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

One guy just mentions a glass of water the other guy has a pic of the branches in a purified plastic bottle..id say they wouldnt b under light too long as branch were cut just before opening..using garbage bag trick.cover plant then spray branch then let it sit overnite.one guy even done 4 strains on one female....hows that for convenience.done .different strain ea day....me likey...

That's definitely an advantage of having full control of the pollen. I was going to do that on my last batch but nothing turned out right using colloidal.

I've got so much I need to put together before the season starts. I'm very very stressed. Hopefully I won't herm, rofl.

That branch idea may make everything come together perfectly. Thanks for that.

Madmax

Madmax

Exactly..and dont have to waste the rest of plant riddled with seed.you can chop all the buds off when they are ready...i think it pretty cool how you could have 4 crosses on one female and can workout which one will b best.saves usong a heap of plants ..i hope i get some time to go to the chem place and get them to make it...im gonna have to pull my finger out and get my shit together...

How long you got till start.we harvest ours here end of march halfway through april.so id say end of march yous start?

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Exactly..and dont have to waste the rest of plant riddled with seed.you can chop all the buds off when they are ready...i think it pretty cool how you could have 4 crosses on one female and can workout which one will b best.saves usong a heap of plants ..i hope i get some time to go to the chem place and get them to make it...im gonna have to pull my finger out and get my shit together...

How long you got till start.we harvest ours here end of march halfway through april.so id say end of march yous start?

Complex question...

Yeah, if I'm starting from beans indoors to get monsters, late March-early April, but starting even as early as Jan makes sense for mother plants.

Clones/seedlings/adolescents can be planted outside after the last frost, usually by mid-May and as late as early July. Once the soil reaches stable temps above 50F(10C).

We harvest from late Sep - early Dec depending on breed and temps. But I'm also in the mountains, and in my specific location mountain ridges block light dawn and dusk, along with groves of very large Ponderosa and Sugar Pines. I'm sure the Sacramento valley, only 45min down the hill, has a longer season.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Wait, are you doing this outside? Around here, that would someone shot, hehe.

Top Bottom