Sunshine9's Perpetual Grow Thread

• Thread starter Sunshine9
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sunshine9

Sunshine9

Hello, new face here saying Hi 👋 to everyone on the forum. I have a perpetual grow, running 5 plants in flower and 5 plants in veg. I grow pheno feminized plants and use primarily organic fertilizers but also supplement my soil with certain synthetic / salt-based nutrients. I have been growing for 5 years but by no means consider myself an expert, but at times I'd like to think I've learned a thing or two.

Hoping to have some great, fun discussions with everyone here and learn more about growing high quality 🔥 marijuana.

Currently Growing:
  • Flower Room
5 x Alien Cookies by Purple Caper Seeds​
  • Veg Tent
1 x Crescendo RBx1 by Ethos F​
1 x Planet of the Grapes Rbx by Ethos F​
1 x Purple Sunset R2Bx by Ethos F​
1 x Candy Store by Ethos R​
1 x LA OG Kush F (Freebee from Atlantic Seed Co)​
Soil Line Up:
  • Fox Farm Ocean Forest
  • Coast Of Maine
  • Perlite
60% FFOF, 35% Coast of Maine, 5% added Perlite​
Nutrient Line Up:
  • Microbes
Recharge​
Root Magic Rhizo​
Microbe Life Photosynthesis Plus 0-.5-.9​
  • Veg
Fox Farm Grow Big (Synthetic/Salt based nutrient) 6-4-4​
Ferti-Lome Fish Emulsion Fertilizer 5-1-1​
Sensi Cal - Mag Xtra 4-0-0​

• Flower
Fox Farm Tiger Bloom 2-8-4​
Neptunes Harvest Fish & Seaweed 2-3-1​
Roots Organic HPK 0-4-3​

• Micronutrients
Fox Farm Big Bloom​
Marphyl Marine Phytoplankton​

• PH Adjust
General Hydroponics - PH Down​

Grow Light
  • Flower Room
HLG 650R (650 Watts, 100% power) (Full Spectrum)​
  • Veg Tent
HLG 100 (100 Watts) (3000k) - will get updated to a better light spectrum soon.​
Flower Room

IMG_20220124_162803382_HDR.jpg

Veg Tent

IMG_20220124_162948924_HDR.jpg

Sunshine9

Sunshine9

The flower room is getting dialed in rather nicely. All 5 plants are the same strain and but showing some different phenotypes in veg already. These plants are 38 days old and doing fairly well. I let them stretch a bit too much when they originally sprouted getting the new HLG650R at the right height. Hoping I can improve on veg time and size of the plants a bit over the next couple runs. I flipped them to flower on 1/23 (yesterday).

Image1
Image0

I top all of my plants at the 5th of 6th node depending on the overall structure of the plant and perform a light defoliation to trim down the bottom popcorn / undesirable nodes as flower progresses.

One of the plants is showing an automatic topping mutation and has topped itself on three of the main node branches.

Image4

I will be adding a SCROG to each plant in a couple of days.

☀️☀️🌞🕶️

Sunshine9

Sunshine9

Day 2 of flower

Many growers believe that Microbes are an extremely important soil additive to keep your plant happy by keeping the soil and root life active with an abundance of microbes, mycorrhiza, humic, fulvic and amino acids. From my own experience, these amendments do a great job of boosting my plants health.

IMG 20220125 143117834 HDR

Since I occasionally use salt based synthetic nutrients, I wonder how the microbe life is affected but if I inoculate with these products every other watering, or so, it seems to work well. I periodically see mycelium growing on the top of the soil.

IMG 20220125 143158624
IMG 20220125 143217583
IMG 20220125 143228345

Flower room looking very happy today after using recharge and Neptunes Harvest Fish & Seaweed 2-3-1.

Image0
Image1
Image2

Last edited:
Sunshine9

Sunshine9

Veg Tent Day 3

1 x Crescendo RBx1 by Ethos F
1 x Planet of the Grapes Rbx by Ethos F
1 x Purple Sunset R2Bx by Ethos F
1 x Candy Store by Ethos R
1 x LA OG Kush F (Freebee from Atlantic Seed Co)

The sprouts are growing nice and healthy. The Crescendo, Planet of Grapes and Purple Sunset are a few days ahead of Candy Store and LA OG Kush. The first Candy Store and LA OG Kush failed germination, first failed germination in a long time. But, regerminated two more and they are rooted and looks like they are going to grow well.

I also noticed I had my fan too low on the cups and appeared to be cooling the soil and roots too much as one of the sprouts looked a little droopy this morning. I moved the fan up and now looks a lot happier. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm going to need to order a slightly larger veg tent to get to the size of plant that I want to flip over immediately to flower in the flower room. Going to let this round run through and see how it goes.

Pretty good start for these seedlings and excited to see them in a week.

Image4

Image1

Image2

Image3

Sunshine9

Sunshine9

Days like today, when all the plants
are happy and there is nothing to do for them besides let them grow, I question whether a third grow tent is in-order. 😂

In reality, I take this time to clean up the grow room and tent, make sure there are no bugs hiding out or stuck to the yellow sticky traps and generally observe the plants for any minor changes occuring to the structure and leaf color of the old and new growth.

Overall, happy with plants and life! Excited to see how fine tuned I can get the new setup.

Happy Wednesday 🌞🕶️😎

Sunshine9

Sunshine9

Hi everyone, happy Thursday and hope the week has been well, the weekend is right around the corner! Today's update is generally positive. The flower tent is doing quite well, I watered the 5 plants today with Tiger Bloom, CalMag and Ph Down (down to around ~6.3PH). The veg tent is going well. I was fidgeting with the fan in-take setup and accidently pushed the timer to be "On" instead of "Timer" mode so they're on about 30 hours of direct light, just going to keep it on the same schedule and tonight they'll get their darkness. Minor setback but nothing to worry about, I've since taped the timer toggle so it can't accidently flip back to on.

Anyways, setup my version of a trellis for the 5 x Alien Cookies in the flower room. I start with the poles and then intertwine rope around the poles to hold up the buds when they get bigger. Just gives me a bit more access to the plants and can still move the pots around, etc.

Day 4 of Flower Room

Image5
Image0
Image6

I use this to rope the poles once they stretch more.

Image9

A little Nitrogen toxicity on one of the plants:

Image8

Day 5 of Veg Tent

I try my best to only let the initial stem grow about an inch tall after germination so that the new plant has a strong base to grow on and doesn't need to struggle holding up the first leaf sets on a stretched stem. A new plant needing to overcompensate and strengthen itself because the initial stem stretched too much can add a couple of days to the veg time. I can definitely tell they are ready for their dark period.

Image2
Image3
Image4

Last edited:
Sunshine9

Sunshine9

Happy Friday! Another productive week almost to an end. Family, work & plants are all happy and thriving. In the flower tent, it appears the stretch is starting so we'll see how tall they get over the course of the next 7-10 days. After yesterday's watering all 5 x Alien Cookies are slightly praying and soaking in the rays ☀️

My water PPM is 130 out of the tap, so I am curious how this will affect the plant as flower progresses, I'm thinking a 110-120-day old plant should be ok though as long as I keep the water PH between 6-7 and continue to feed lots of microbes.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Day 5 Flower

IMG 20220128 125449076 HDR
IMG 20220128 125504643 HDR
IMG 20220128 125535645 HDR

Day 6 Veg

IMG 20220128 125350607
IMG 20220128 125415369 HDR

Sunshine9

Sunshine9

Saturday! Spending today relaxing and enjoying the time with the family. I think today we're going to watch the entire extended hobbit series on and off and just recharge from last week 🙂

R.545adc10c54e36d53b16266cdd5d402f

Last night I decided to upgrade the veg tent since I can still return the current one for a couple more weeks. I just don't think there is enough room in there to veg out plans big enough to go directly into flower and I also want to put a full spectrum 260-watt LED in the Veg tent instead of this 3000k spectrum 100 Watt LED which isn't even the ideal veg spectrum (but does a great job). Going from a 32x16x36 to a 42x24x60, should be perfect. It was also the same price as the smaller tent so there is that too.

The flower tent is doing exceptional, finally seeing some calyxes with white hairs popping up on the center plant! I am surprised how big the plants got without showing any sex, I knew they were female but usually see some calyxes growing after day ~30. Perhaps because they went directly from red solo cup to 7-gallon pots and still had a lot of room to grow, or just genetics.

The veg tent is also doing well. It looks like they have recovered from the accidental 40 hours of light and grew quite a bit over the last 24 hours.

Day 6 Flower

IMG 20220129 091747716 HDR
IMG 20220129 091829288

IMG 20220129 091854515
IMG 20220129 091928672 HDR

Day 7 Veg

IMG 20220129 092045158 HDR
IMG 20220129 092056543 HDR

IMG 20220129 092125599 HDR

Have a good weekend!

growsince79

growsince79

Hello, new face here saying Hi 👋 to everyone on the forum. I have a perpetual grow, running 5 plants in flower and 5 plants in veg. I grow pheno feminized plants and use primarily organic fertilizers but also supplement my soil with certain synthetic / salt-based nutrients. I have been growing for 5 years but by no means consider myself an expert, but at times I'd like to think I've learned a thing or two.

Hoping to have some great, fun discussions with everyone here and learn more about growing high quality 🔥 marijuana.

Currently Growing:
  • Flower Room
5 x Alien Cookies by Purple Caper Seeds​
  • Veg Tent
1 x Crescendo RBx1 by Ethos F​
1 x Planet of the Grapes Rbx by Ethos F​
1 x Purple Sunset R2Bx by Ethos F​
1 x Candy Store by Ethos R​
1 x LA OG Kush F (Freebee from Atlantic Seed Co)​
Soil Line Up:
  • Fox Farm Ocean Forest
  • Coast Of Maine
  • Perlite
60% FFOF, 35% Coast of Maine, 5% added Perlite​
Nutrient Line Up:
  • Microbes
Recharge​
Root Magic Rhizo​
Microbe Life Photosynthesis Plus 0-.5-.9​
  • Veg
Fox Farm Grow Big (Synthetic/Salt based nutrient) 6-4-4​
Ferti-Lome Fish Emulsion Fertilizer 5-1-1​
Sensi Cal - Mag Xtra 4-0-0​

• Flower
Fox Farm Tiger Bloom 2-8-4​
Neptunes Harvest Fish & Seaweed 2-3-1​
Roots Organic HPK 0-4-3​

• Micronutrients
Fox Farm Big Bloom​
Marphyl Marine Phytoplankton​

• PH Adjust
General Hydroponics - PH Down​

Grow Light
  • Flower Room
HLG 650R (650 Watts, 100% power) (Full Spectrum)​
  • Veg Tent
HLG 100 (100 Watts) (3000k) - will get updated to a better light spectrum soon.​
Flower Room

View attachment 1209953

Veg Tent

View attachment 1209954
Look great. Pulling up a chair.

Cypress66

Cypress66

The flower room is getting dialed in rather nicely. All 5 plants are the same strain and but showing some different phenotypes in veg already. These plants are 38 days old and doing fairly well. I let them stretch a bit too much when they originally sprouted getting the new HLG650R at the right height. Hoping I can improve on veg time and size of the plants a bit over the next couple runs. I flipped them to flower on 1/23 (yesterday).

View attachment 1209991View attachment 1209992

I top all of my plants at the 5th of 6th node depending on the overall structure of the plant and perform a light defoliation to trim down the bottom popcorn / undesirable nodes as flower progresses.

One of the plants is showing an automatic topping mutation and has topped itself on three of the main node branches.

View attachment 1209994

I will be adding a SCROG to each plant in a couple of days.

☀️☀️🌞🕶️
Looking sweet and I love the poles that you have used in your pots peace ✌️

Cypress66

Cypress66

Looking sweet and I love the poles that you have used in your pots peace ✌️
By the way welcome to the farm good place for stoners to learn more about the plants they grow and maybe improve their quality and grow their plants better and better each time this place has been a great help to me in the past I’ve been very much a lazy grower in the way I fed my plants and the environment they were in was not always the best just following the instructions on the bottle of nutes and I have learned to appreciate the results of the lower level of the ec level and the learning of the plants and the uptake of the nutes is something that I’ve been more interested in for the ph level and the different stages of the plants life Is nice to try to keep lmproving every time you grow your garden your always learning when your growing And is a big part of my life that I’ve been involved with for the last fourty years now I only started gardening ten years ago but I have been smoking it for years now and I’ve never bought it since I’ve been growing my own and it was the first thing that I realised and I cannot believe some of the shit and under weight dealings I have paid for the plants you are growing will be better than the shit you will get and your money 💰 is your own. Great hobby for me to relax and enjoy the results of your work and care of your garden. What a wonderful herb keep it green peace ✌️

Sunshine9

Sunshine9

By the way welcome to the farm good place for stoners to learn more about the plants they grow and maybe improve their quality and grow their plants better and better each time this place has been a great help to me in the past I’ve been very much a lazy grower in the way I fed my plants and the environment they were in was not always the best just following the instructions on the bottle of nutes and I have learned to appreciate the results of the lower level of the ec level and the learning of the plants and the uptake of the nutes is something that I’ve been more interested in for the ph level and the different stages of the plants life Is nice to try to keep lmproving every time you grow your garden your always learning when your growing And is a big part of my life that I’ve been involved with for the last fourty years now I only started gardening ten years ago but I have been smoking it for years now and I’ve never bought it since I’ve been growing my own and it was the first thing that I realised and I cannot believe some of the shit and under weight dealings I have paid for the plants you are growing will be better than the shit you will get and your money 💰 is your own. Great hobby for me to relax and enjoy the results of your work and care of your garden. What a wonderful herb keep it green peace ✌️

Thanks for the warm welcome! You are right, growing is very satisfying and learning everything involved with growing healthy plants is very interesting and fun. Once you get the basics down and can continually grow full term plants -- that is when the fun really begins because like you said you can tweak nutrients and ph to really home in a plant's health and vigor. I've noticed there is generally just less guess work involved as you get more plants under your belt. But there is always something new to learn!

Last edited:
Cypress66

Cypress66

Thanks for the warm welcome! You are right, growing is very satisfying and learning everything involved with growing healthy plants is very interesting and fun. Once you get the basics down and can continually grow full term plants -- that is when the fun really begins because like you said you can tweak nutrients and ph to really home in a plant's health and vigor. I've noticed there is generally just less guess work involved as you get more plants under your belt. But there is always something new to learn!
Yeah 100% agree with that. The best way for you to get the same results from your plants and their growing style is growing cuttings they are the best way of getting the same uniformity (is that a word? 😂) but still not guaranteed the last few grows i have been growing clones but normally I grow from seed and they are always very different to each other in most cases and that is a risk sometimes but I cannot really remember many really disappointing results but some plants are not very good genetics are important and they are not going to be taking all the seeds they are selling from one plant and the plants are growing different and some plants are just runts they will never grow well but the way that my gardens are going this last year or so they are getting better in every way but I’m never satisfied and will be trying to get better each time They are always the best way for me to get the things I have to do and to get my mind in gear and I cannot imagine my life without it in my mind and I have left it alone for a year or so no particular reason why but I cannot remember any signs of missing it. I started to grow again and that was it was smoking as soon as it was done and it was lovely to be honest Peace ✌️

Sunshine9

Sunshine9

Sunday Funday! Well, only made it through the first extended movie of The Hobbit yesterday lol longer than I remembered! Ended up rotating in some Empire Strikes Back and just enjoying time with the kids. The plants are all very happy, in both areas. I am getting the 4000k 260Watt LED grow light ready for the larger veg tent that is on its way.

Not a whole lot to update on for the veg tent. They are growing quite well,

The Candy Store and LA OG Kush, which failed initial germination, are a few days behind but doing well. You can see mycorrhizae colonies in the soil and the plants are pushing forward quickly.

Also have a humidifier coming on Monday so I can pump up the humidity to 50-60%.

IMG 20220130 115922627 HDR

IMG 20220130 115942674 HDR
IMG 20220130 115950662 HDR

IMG 20220130 120041043
IMG 20220130 120053575 HDR

Sunshine9

Sunshine9

The flower room is still going well, fed them some pretty heavy nutrients this morning.

The front three I could tell could still use a bit of nitrogen but the back two definitely did not need any additional nitrogen so made the water solutions slightly different for them. About 8 hours later and looks like they appreciated it!

When I water I try my best to have no water leave the bottom of the pots, letting too much runoff water out of your pots also removes nutrients from the soil.

Last edited:
Sunshine9

Sunshine9

The ol' upside down video... It would upload the correct side up but switch to upside down a few minutes later. Will attempt video #2 another time.

Last edited:
Cypress66

Cypress66

The flower room is still going well, fed them some pretty heavy nutrients this morning.

The front three I could tell could still use a bit of nitrogen but the back two definitely did not need any additional nitrogen so made the water solutions slightly different for them. About 8 hours later and looks like they appreciated it!

When I water I try my best to have no water leave the bottom of the pots, letting too much runoff water out of your pots also removes nutrients from the soil.

View attachment 1211965
Looking like a hanging garden lol 😂. The plants are looking very nice and green nice work i have a light that is the 4000k spectrum is the osram diodes has had little use as the bar lights have replaced it do you use it to veg and flower? The light i have is a plant photonics brand is a 100wt light and 3wt osram diodes x 45 ish very yellow light compared to the white light from the Samsung 35000k Is more like the flower light of the hps and yet the spectrum is further away from the flower spectrum of the hps. Which i think is the 27000k may be wrong on that it is a full spectrum light and will flower but it is not used much for flower as far as I’m seeing in the majority of the farmers here but I will have to try it for a full cycle on one plant and see what it is capable of. Peace ✌️

Sunshine9

Sunshine9

Looking like a hanging garden lol 😂. The plants are looking very nice and green nice work i have a light that is the 4000k spectrum is the osram diodes has had little use as the bar lights have replaced it do you use it to veg and flower? The light i have is a plant photonics brand is a 100wt light and 3wt osram diodes x 45 ish very yellow light compared to the white light from the Samsung 35000k Is more like the flower light of the hps and yet the spectrum is further away from the flower spectrum of the hps. Which i think is the 27000k may be wrong on that it is a full spectrum light and will flower but it is not used much for flower as far as I’m seeing in the majority of the farmers here but I will have to try it for a full cycle on one plant and see what it is capable of. Peace ✌️

Hey, I use the 4000k spectrum for veg. It's a lighter blue and 3000k/3500k for flower which is more orange.

I use HLG quantum boards so the light spectrums are

4000k veg

61u3LuASK2L SL1000

Lm301h full spectrum (flower)

QB648Spectrum 720x

Eventually I want to upgrade the veg tent to lm301h full spectrum to match the flowering room.

Have a good one!

Sunshine9

Sunshine9

Hello everyone and happy Tuesday! All has been well here; my youngest child is now officially walking so officially no more crawlers at this house! yay! Getting a bit of cabin fever going with this cold weather, excited to see Spring come around the corner and some nice warm weather to accompany it.

The flower room is doing well, all 5 plants are very healthy and enjoying the rays. All 5 plants are now showing white pistils and are stretching further up. I'm still surprised how little stretch has occurred so far. Unfortunately, I believe that two of the plants have already gone hermie on me, I posted a few pictures below that looks like balls developing to me. I'm going to give them a couple more days to be 100% sure but not looking promising. Last night, I sat in my flower room on lights off and waited for my eyes to adjust, and once they did, I noticed that the blue LED lights on the rotating fans were still visible and quite bright. The smoke alarm also had a softly blinking green light that was pretty noticeable once I was in the pitch black for 4-5minutes. I've fixed both of these issues and I'm going to test the darkness over the next few days to ensure there are absolutely no light leaks. Bummer that 2 plants might have been affected by that but that's all part of dialing in a room.

The veg tent is looking very healthy; the sprouts are nice and thick and are already growing their inner-nodal stems. There is a clear presence of mycelium all over the soil and they're growing nicely. The LA OG Cookies is getting a bit behind but is showing signs of progress, the initial leaf color was very dark green so I'm thinking too much initial nitrogen and it's leveling out now. I am excited to get the larger grow tent and switch out this 100watt grow light for the 260 watt 4000k spectrum.

Flower Room Day 9

IMG 20220201 114142947 HDR

Pistils:

IMG 20220201 114235171 HDR

Hermie?: Just realized these pics came in super blurry, I'll get more soon.

IMG 20220201 114345595

Veg Tent Day 10

IMG 20220201 114609545

IMG 20220201 114754891

IMG 20220201 114812879

Mycelium:

IMG 20220201 114622379 HDR

Have a great day ☀️ 🙂🕶️

Last edited:
Sunshine9

Sunshine9

Wednesday day is already here and nearly gone! It's been a very busy and productive week. It pains me to say that the unnoticed light leaks definitely caused two of the plants to hermie, I removed them from the flower tent today. That leaves only 3 plants in the flower room. Definitely not ideal but it's all part of dialing in a new grow room and the new house, I am confident going forward I have all of the loose ends accounted for this now.

I received the large veg tent in the mail today, super happy with the size and the upgrade to the official veg tent. I will be vegging 7 plants at a time in this tent and 7 in flower now that all of the tents, lights and everything else has been setup and dialed in.

Flower Room

IMG 20220202 173721256 HDR

IMG 20220202 173729983 HDR

Veg Tent

IMG 20220202 173759995

IMG 20220202 173835847 HDR

Have a good rest of the week!

🕶️ ☀️ 🙂

Top Bottom