Super Confused.

• Thread starter Yurfutur1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Yurfutur1

Yurfutur1

Earlier today I had an issue because of the leaves on my plants. The plants were 24in away from light instead of at least 36 like the manufacturer required.. My flowering tent originally came with a kind LED 750. I asked for the upgrade instead and purchased the Kind 1000. Community members believed that it may have been russet mite infestation based on the photos they seen and their experience and knowledge of growing. I panicked, I foliar fed the plants with Trifecta crop control. I then proceeded to go to Harbor Freight to buy some magnifying glasses and loupes that were more powerful than the one I had purchased yesterday to assist me in identifying the sex of my plants. I also bought three more different insecticides and foggers to bomb the room after I discarded the plants. I spent in excess of $60 for these supplies.
Before I left I didn't put any of the plants back inside of the grow room with the light because I truly believed that the light was the culprit or heat was the culprit, not an infestation.
3 hours later I return with all the supplies ready to cut and salvage what may have been able to salvage only to find that the signs of stress are almost gone.
During the spraying and searching of the plants I did not see any sign of an insect on the front of the leaf nor the rear of the leaves. I've used the strongest loupe here and still see no signs of mites nor any insects.
So I'm sharing the photos again under normal light. I would like to know if you still believe it to be an infestation.

Super confused
Super confused 2
Super confused 3
Super confused 4
Super confused 5
Super confused 6
Super confused 7
Super confused 8
Super confused 9
Super confused 10
M0nStarNuggety

M0nStarNuggety

Supporter
I don't really see any insect damage, what were/are the temps in the tent?

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

you're the best judge here, as the grower. you're saying there is no bugs on the plant, no bugs in grow medium and none in grow area. then process of elimination, the issue is elsewhere in the grow.

so, we're starting to think growing conditions/medium/watering-feeding/lights/temperature, etc.... what is the temperature, as you indicated it might be the issue? is that coco or soil grow?

Yurfutur1

Yurfutur1

Pro mix is the soil. The heat had got up to 84 85 but I have CO2 so I felt like that was okay. But now as I use that these very strong loupes. I am seeing traces of something on the leaves but it doesn't run it doesn't do anything. I pick it up with the scalpel and drop it inside of this cup that has the trifecta crop solution in I've been doing that for about an hour. I am definitely seeing something but it's not moving it's not running so I don't know what it is. This could possibly be the mite people talking about. it's too small to see with the naked eye and I don't think it would show up in a photo but I'm going to try.
Can't tell if that's dirt or something else

Yurfutur1

Yurfutur1

85 86 humidity like 59. But it really started after the last full feeding that I gave them. Because every time I feed them they start growing like crazy. 2-3 inches in couple of hours. At first it was only the ones that was directly under the light. But then that next morning when I woke up it was like the whole tent. The last photo is the first plant that was affected and looks the worst out of all the plants but even this plant has no signs of insects or bites. Ill photo the underside of the leaves.underside of the leaves

Yurfutur1

Yurfutur1

you're the best judge here, as the grower. you're saying there is no bugs on the plant, no bugs in grow medium and none in grow area. then process of elimination, the issue is elsewhere in the grow.

so, we're starting to think growing conditions/medium/watering-feeding/lights/temperature, etc.... what is the temperature, as you indicated it might be the issue? is that coco or soil grow?
Also it happened the day after I gave them their first complete feeding at 80%-90% nutrient solution.(1450 ppm).

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

nuh, i don't see any insect/bug activities. you would get a growing infestation, more signs of insect activity (eggs, waste, etc) on leaves, more damage on leaves, maybe adult bugs flying around....etc. stop panicking.

temperatures are on high side, but plant is not showing such damage from heat or wind.

nutrients!!!! don't feed them, just water them. your soil would have enough in it to support its early vegetative growth phase, at least. not familiar with pro mix, as i can't get it here myself.

one general suggestion - try to keep your threads combined, if its about the same plants and same grow & its easier to follow as readers, with all the info.

Yurfutur1

Yurfutur1

nuh, i don't see any insect/bug activities. you would get a growing infestation, more signs of insect activity (eggs, waste, etc) on leaves, more damage on leaves, maybe adult bugs flying around....etc. stop panicking.

temperatures are on high side, but plant is not showing such damage from heat or wind.

nutrients!!!! don't feed them, just water them. your soil would have enough in it to support its early vegetative growth phase, at least. not familiar with pro mix, as i can't get it here myself.

one general suggestion - try to keep your threads combined, if its about the same plants and same grow & its easier to follow as readers, with all the info.
Okay thank you.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

if its a nutrient overdose/toxicity, just water it with run-off for a while, the plants would soon (1 or 2 week time) recover.

is this your first grow?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Also it happened the day after I gave them their first complete feeding at 80%-90% nutrient solution.(1450 ppm).
Nothing grows 2 or 3" in a couple hours

and 1450 PPM is about 3 or 4 times stronger than you should be feeding those little plants right now

I've recently switch to Pro mix, if you stop by 'the beach house' in grow journals you might pick up some tips on Pro mix as I'm learning to use it right now, and if you have any questions you could ask me in there if you're so inclined, good luck!

Yurfutur1

Yurfutur1

if its a nutrient overdose/toxicity, just water it with run-off for a while, the plants would soon (1 or 2 week time) recover.

is this your first grow?
Yes it is. I grew ten plants about a year ago but I had to throw them away as soon as they hit the flowering stage because I was forced to move so had to throw them away. But that growth was smooth. But at the same time I bought quality seeds from a professional vendor. The company called I love marijuana or something like that. About what 15 seeds from him. And 10 were female. That's why I'm tripping on this grow right here. The seeds came from a connect in Humboldt county, but they were from outdoor grows.
Nothing grows 2 or 3 in in a couple hours

and 1450 PPM is about 3 times stronger than you should be feeding those little plants right now

I've recently switch to Pro mix, if you stop by 'the beach house' in grow journals you might pick up some tips on Pro mix as I'm learning to use it right now, and if you have any questions you could ask me in there if you're so inclined, good luck!
well you say nothing grows in 2 to 3 hours but I know one thing when I placed them there I made sure they were 24 inches away from the lights when I returned in a few hours they shot up and showing signs of stress. I contacted the manufacturer and they told me to keep the light 3 ft away from the plants. so I actually have the light 4.5 feet away from the plants now until they get stronger I guess. They started out stretching. And then they were stunted all the way up to 4- 5 days ago and now they're taking off.They may look like young plants, but they actually germinated over a month ago on January 27th.This is my first time using pro mix. I was using Ocean Forest, but that gets expensive real fast when you're using 10 gallon buckets. But yes I would enjoy the opportunity to pick your brain on anyting about horticulture that you are willing to share with me.

Yurfutur1

Yurfutur1

ILGM ? i love growing mj

i can vouch for their feminised seeds.
I vouch for them totally too, everything I get from them is always on point. plus they provide you with all the information pertaining to the seeds that you purchase and I think that's what all professional seed dealers should do. Because they've studied that strain for months, maybe years so there's no more guessing on what should be done. You don't have to reinvent the wheel, because they've done all the taxing work for you. On my next grow. I'm going back to them. I just wanted to use some unfeminized seeds this time to see how I do.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Yes it is. I grew ten plants about a year ago but I had to throw them away as soon as they hit the flowering stage because I was forced to move so had to throw them away. But that growth was smooth. But at the same time I bought quality seeds from a professional vendor. The company called I love marijuana or something like that. About what 15 seeds from him. And 10 were female. That's why I'm tripping on this grow right here. The seeds came from a connect in Humboldt county, but they were from outdoor grows.

well you say nothing grows in 2 to 3 hours but I know one thing when I placed them there I made sure they were 24 inches away from the lights when I returned in a few hours they shot up and showing signs of stress. I contacted the manufacturer and they told me to keep the light 3 ft away from the plants. so I actually have the light 4.5 feet away from the plants now until they get stronger I guess. They started out stretching. And then they were stunted all the way up to 4- 5 days ago and now they're taking off.They may look like young plants, but they actually germinated over a month ago on January 27th.This is my first time using pro mix. I was using Ocean Forest, but that gets expensive real fast when you're using 10 gallon buckets. But yes I would enjoy the opportunity to pick your brain on anyting about horticulture that you are willing to share with me.
So here's was confusing the title of your thread says you're confusing but when I try to help you seems you know

Last edited:
Yurfutur1

Yurfutur1

ILGM ? i love growing mj

i can vouch for their feminised seeds.
I vouch for them totally too, everything I get from them is always on point. plus they provide you with all the information pertaining to the seeds that you purchase and I think that's what all professional seed dealers should do. Because they've studied that strain for months, maybe years so there's no more guessing on what should be done. You don't have to reinvent the wheel, because they've done all the taxing work for you. On my next grow. I'm going back to them. I just wanted to use some unfeminizedseeds this time to see how I do
So here's was confusing the title of your thread says you're confusing but when I try to help you seems you know
I've been studying horticulture and botany for the past 13 years. At the same time I'm aware that I still don't know much. Because everything that you do the more you learn the more you realize how much you don't know. You see a lot of people believe they know everything and those people fail to hear what other people are saying because they're too busy waiting to talk. so those people tend to repeat something that you've already said previously but he missed it. And my confusion had nothing to do with the groin of the plant. My confusion is with pests and how to treat them correctly. I've never dealt with a pest issue. People told me on three different sites that I had a russet mite infestation. I may have never had an insect infestation dealing with cannabis, but I've had that issue with other plants and what I was seeing did not add up with what other people with seeing. So if you were to check my post you would see at no time did I disagree with anything anyone said. I did not disagree because I'm aware that I could have been wrong. I was also aware that the only thing they had to go by was the confusing photos that I posted under the purple red light, which obstructed them from making a correct assessment. If they would have seen the photos that you seen they probably would have said the same thing that you said. Also at the present time I'm working with a plant engineer from the University of Texas. He's fascinated by cannabis and marijuana reform. I'm teaching him what I know about growing marijuana and in return he's giving me in depth knowledge about plant biology, basically botany, which he has been studying for the past 5 1/2 years. You may not be aware but Texas recently and also quietly passed legislation for medical marijuana but only four people suffering from epilepsy but there's a full court press to make it go grander. 6 months ago the state of Texas instructed the Texas department of public safety highway Patrol DPS to no longer arrest people who were in possession of 4 oz all list of marijuana, they also instructed them not arrest anyone who sold 7 grams 0r less of marijuana. So there are people imposition now preparing to open dispensaries. The plant engineer I spoke up earlier is one of those guys and I've been blessed with the opportunity to grow with him.
So now I'm even more confused as to what information you provided to me that I didn't heed or that wasn't welcomed.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Oops I got cut off and timed out but I was trying to say in that choppy post that it seems you know where you're going, but if you have any questions just ask good luck

Yurfutur1

Yurfutur1

Oops I got cut off and timed out but I was trying to say in that choppy post that it seems you know where you're going, but if you have any questions just ask good luck
Actually I have a lot of questions so I probably will be bothering you a lot. Most of my knowledge is technical you have probably technical as well as experience and if I'm able to learn based on your experience that makes me smart because you've already did the trial and error all I have to do now is follow the instructions that you guys have learnt. Michael Caldwell he wrote a book called Blink and the Tipping Point. And in that book he point out something that very few people are aware of. That in this society what makes you an expert it's not a piece of paper. What makes you an expert is 10000 hours of trial and error. I don't have that and I really don't have a time for trial and error, but because of communities like this one I don't need 10,000 hours of trial and error anyway, because there are 10 -20 maybe more a people on this site who can direct me and Guide me when I need it. I don't post my photos to brag. I post my photos because I'm open for criticism. You see when I do something wrong you best believe there's a lot of people on this site and others who think they are the best and they're ready to knock somebody else down a notch. I don't fear them telling me that I did something wrong I welcome it. And I appreciate you giving me the opportunity to learn from you. Thank you and I wish you nothing but success.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I post my photos to bragg! LOL

20190629 132445

20200303 224524

20200302 043903

Ps. Just kidding! Actually the bud is a brag but those two plants are my first-ever plants in promix, seems to be working out okay! 👌 I don't follow threads so hit me up in the beach house if I can help, good luck!

Yurfutur1

Yurfutur1

Yes in five by five. I figured out how to vent it out now. But that was when I was trying to hide them from company where I was forced to close the door. I'm good now..

Yurfutur1

Yurfutur1

Top Bottom