Super Critical CBD from Greenhouse Seeds

• Thread starter Dr.B
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dr.B

Dr.B

That does it! I'm just curious what you are changing because you are so deliberate with the process.
I'm thinking that I've been having trouble in this department for 3 reasons. 1 obviously, the double dipping experiment... Fixed. 2 I've had the lights too low to the dome, the intensity has been working against me... Fixed/changed and 3 playing around with an 18/6 schedule as early as day 5 has not been helpful. It causes a nearly fatal temperature dip at lights out and doesn't seem to add anything to the process. Clones are 24/0 again until they get put into cups.

All that combined with remembering to condition the mother with kelp/start the blocks with kelp should help me out here.

awake now lol

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I'm thinking that I've been having trouble in this department for 3 reasons. 1 obviously, the double dipping experiment... Fixed. 2 I've had the lights too low to the dome, the intensity has been working against me... Fixed/changed and 3 playing around with an 18/6 schedule as early as day 5 has not been helpful. It causes a nearly fatal temperature dip at lights out and doesn't seem to add anything to the process. Clones are 24/0 again until they get put into cups.

All that combined with remembering to condition the mother with kelp/start the blocks with kelp should help me out here.

awake now lol
Makes perfect sense to me. I think the horomone component is basically solved. Temp less so. Light I think you at least know a conservative range that won't stress the plant. Temp and humidity seem the most interesting play points to me...

I have been messing with cuttings on herbs and other plants using a lot of what I have read on this thread and from @Dirtbag. I've had good success! Interested in taking a couple clones for breeding experimentation on my next grow....🙃😎🤔

Dr.B

Dr.B

Makes perfect sense to me. I think the horomone component is basically solved. Temp less so. Light I think you at least know a conservative range that won't stress the plant. Temp and humidity seem the most interesting play points to me...

I have been messing with cuttings on herbs and other plants using a lot of what I have read on this thread and from @Dirtbag. I've had good success! Interested in taking a couple clones for breeding experimentation on my next grow....🙃😎🤔
The humidity you want high, no less than 90% week 1, 80% week 2 and so on. Others will say 90%+ through and through... To make it as easy as possible for the cutting to grow roots. I agree that it works that way, but I like to throttle the stress level slightly by keeping the rh a tad low, in my mind, to encourage them to want to drink from somewhere else.

Temperature is, I think, the single most important factor. I like 25 - 26 C at the block, 27 C in the air through and throughout the whole process. 25 seems to be the sweet spot. Not sure why... Fluctuate here and it adds days, every time.

Dr.B

Dr.B

Some nearly "finished" product. Drying slowly is a THC thing lol. Not what I'm after here. I'll take the time to cure it of course.

IMG 20200816 090841
Last edited:
Dr.B

Dr.B

Things are going very well. All the plants have bounced back and are growing strong. I begin the flower cycle on Sunday. This time I'm planning to put them in the dark at 10pm on Saturday and keep them there for 18 hours before loading the flower program. 6 hours light, 18 hours dark then 12/12 from there on out. Curious as to whether that will trigger a stronger flower initiation...

The charity clones are on day 4, still covered but they've been running hot at 28 C or so for the last couple days now. Thermostat issues I suspect. A recurring theme in that tent...

Dr.B

Dr.B

Took about a week to dry down to 65% or so and yes. I'm already smoking it lol. Its nice! It will be even better when it cures. Final weigh in off that plant. 4.6 ounces

IMG 20200820 092507
IMG 20200820 092520
Dr.B

Dr.B

A couple hours until lights out. The SC CBD's are drooping a little as is normal. The DGD (back center) and widow (front center) are starting to rock and roll now! I've been lollipopping these girls a little every day for the last week

Tonight I start the last full day of veg. Short day on Saturday preceding the flip to flower.

The clones look like Day 6 clones.. lol. Two seem to be dying. The heat mat is unplugged after cooking these girls for five days without my consent.

IMG 20200821 072750
IMG 20200821 072703
Last edited:
Dr.B

Dr.B

I came across what will become a problem in bloom recently while watering using my drip trays. At the moment I can move the plants to access the trays underneath for the purposes of testing and draining leech water. Once the trellis goes into use the plants become immobilized, I lose access to the back three trays.

I found these to cobble together to work with my large shop vac. Should do the job without stirring up the air in my office too much.

Testing isn't a huge priority, I'll just increase the feed volume a bit on the back three plants to ensure salts are being flushed constantly. Testing will continue up front.

Screenshot 20200822 111113
Screenshot 20200822 111044
Screenshot 20200822 111024
Dr.B

Dr.B

Eureka! It works! (Of course lol) pulling trays to drain every time sucks. Science!

I start to manually cycle the lights down for a short last day of veg in about 3 hours. Girls are good! Still short in the middle row but that should change very quickly. All pre-flowery and showing off the lady parts. I expect a very different result from these clones than I had flowering the Mom... Just upped my top prune to match that expectation...

(I know I'm pretty much terrible for not including pictures in many of my diary posts... Its almost only because of my light... Which I love by the way. I need to rig up a green lense cover for my phone or something. Two handed pictures through safety glasses every time limits what I can take pictures of... Plus everyone seems to have a pretty good hate on for anything other than white/yellow light lol. I try to be descriptive enough in what I type 😜)

IMG 20200822 210557
IMG 20200822 210621
IMG 20200822 210710
IMG 20200822 210727
IMG 20200822 210810
Last edited:
Dr.B

Dr.B

All switched over to flower! (Without flashing the main light at sleeping plants this time lol) Timers are reset and synced, bulbs changed out from 1500 to 3000k, switched to the flower sound track... verified my dark was actually dark in flower... Really wasn't much to get done, just a lot of double checking things.

Three came up dry when I cycled the lights down last night early. I hate adding water before bed so I didn't.... 16 hours dry in the dark I'm not sure about, it feels too long... I guess Ill find out how they've done soon enough.

Excited to flower my first actual crop since late April/early May!!

TheKushie

TheKushie

Hopefully it actually turns on this time... 5 minutes until I might start reading the manual again lol
This is a badass wifi led tent setup you got going! are you able to control the light spectrum with that kindled? Fucking awesome set up man.👌

Dr.B

Dr.B

This is a badass wifi led tent setup you got going! are you able to control the light spectrum with that kindled? Fucking awesome set up man.👌
I have complete control. 😉 with the exception of the UV & IR chips. I'm pretty sure those just run regardless.

Last edited:
Dr.B

Dr.B

Popped a breaker with the vacuum cleaner on the wrong circuit. Otherwise went off without a hitch. We're flowering! Those girls were awake and perky before lights on for once. 😁

I've got a really good feeling about these 6...

Dr.B

Dr.B

Playing with my phone camera... Macro lense arrives today... Later...

IMG 20200824 0810132
B.S.G

B.S.G

Supporter
Playing with my phone camera... Macro lense arrives today... Later...
Dr.B howdy 😎

I kept clicking onto your profile but fair play lol.

I'm here now an watched the thread cant wait to catch up looks amazing 👍🏼

Dr.B

Dr.B

Dr.B howdy 😎

I kept clicking onto your profile but fair play lol.

I'm here now an watched the thread cant wait to catch up looks amazing 👍🏼
Haha, welcome back!

Are my privacy settings still causing issues?

Top Bottom