Super Critical CBD from Greenhouse Seeds

• Thread starter Dr.B
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dr.B

Dr.B

I'm going to post my progress on this grow here as I tend to drive my friends and family nuts with my enthusiasm during any given crop.

After a successful run with Seedsman's Cheese strain over the last 9 months or so, I went seed shopping yet again. I found this strain, (Super Critical CBD from Greenhouse Seeds) looking for a good balance between THC and CBD. The breeder claims a high percentage of both will be present in this strain. (25% to 23% if I remember correctly...)

As a seedling she was a little odd, I waited out her funny leaf mutations, in a few spots she actually branched 3 ways instead of 2.... Excellent! Some minor pH issues in the soil were caught early this time and she has resumed calcium uptake with a minimum of damage to only the lower two leaves.

I'm about 6 weeks out of seed now and she is looking healthy, I transplanted her yesterday into a 3 gallon smart pot full of my usual peat/pearlite/lime mix. She had a good little root ball going! For lighting she's currently getting about 600w of mostly white led. (I grow almost exclusively under LED's) She has lots of little babies forming up within her. I'll likely take my clones in about two weeks and move whats left of her into the flower tent to time her with my experiment plants flower cycle. (Acupulco Gold, a one off toy plant)

I'll update this thread again come cloning day and I'll follow the tortured mothers flowering progress here too.

Cheers!

* I haven't been much of a shutter bug up to this point but I'll work on it. The attached picture is just before lights out about 3... Weeks from seedling. This girl tends to go to bed a little early. I'll add a decent/current picture this evening once she is awake.

Super critical cbd from greenhouse seeds
Dr.B

Dr.B

Here she is, bright eyed and bushy tailed. I'm thinking less than two weeks to get enough well developed clones from her, but I have to wait anyway. My two girls have different flower cycles... Short memory, I wonder why...

Pictures are hard under too many LED's, please don't judge me as a photographer.

IMG 20200527 182936
IMG 20200527 183221
Reactions: Ina
Dr.B

Dr.B

Plant move day, (Night actually)

Everything is cleaned out and sanitized, air system, cleaned and re-balanced ... new light program is running for some vegetative action!

Temp and humidity now match in both tents. Off to make the move!

IMG 20200604 135759
IMG 20200603 115703
IMG 20200603 115552
IMG 20200603 115539
Dr.B

Dr.B

This Mom and her squatter friend get to wake (slowly) up in a whole new world!!

IMG 20200604 142550
Dr.B

Dr.B

The light came on as expected! (For once haha) the program starts at 10 - 15% and gradually increases over an hour to R/60%, W/100%,B/100%...

In 17 hours from now it will shut itself off in the reverse procedure. Sunrise, sunset. Neat 😁

IMG 20200604 160211
Dr.B

Dr.B

Haha, that's 75% photo opportunities end in here at 50% or so.

• Haha
Dr.B

Dr.B

My next task, now that the Mom has moved over. Turn this back into a clone tent! I'll start my prep for clones once I see good growth next door.

IMG 20200604 171558
Dr.B

Dr.B

She settled in to the new tent, air system and lighting well last night.

I did a small change in the lighting schedule which resulted in a 20 hour light day yesterday. A hiccup. She settles back into her 18/6 from here but now I can get in there a little earlier to work with her.

I neglected to mention that I'm now piping the air from the tent into the house instead of through the wall to the great outdoors. This will slowly over the next week, build up my humidity to about 60% in combination with the two room humidifiers inside the tent and the one in the furnace... F@$king desert... Best I can do. A small booster fan and the furnace fan provide the room and tent fans with all the fresh air they need.

I'm going to feed her with a little silicate the next time she comes up due to eat... That should help her adjust to the new lighting as the temp and humidity come up slowly.

That's it for her today. 😁

Dr.B

Dr.B

I think the big light is a little too much for this one at her current phase of development. Shes laying down hard a few hours before lights out. She always perks up come morning time but I don't think she's keeping up. I dumped the vegetative light schedule at lights out just now and put it on an easier to manage seedling program until she toughens up a little for me...

Screenshot 20200604 154927
Screenshot 20200604 154927
Dr.B

Dr.B

Easier to clean and sanitize than the larger tent. The hardest part was making myself do it. Haha.

Ready to go on the cloning thing, I just need the Mother to be, to come around. Turns out she was just as bunged up as her former roommate, she just didn't give me much for visible signs until a day or so ago when she put on her claw tips as well... (Just killing it here...🤣🤣🤣)

I limed her soil at the same time as the other plant and cut her nutrients to match as well, (More out of a desire to mix only one jug of water than anything...) I'm suddenly very happy that I did cut the feed....

I flushed her with pH'd water yesterday and today and as previously noted I put her on an easier light regiment for the time being.

She is already doing better today still not perfect but visibly improving. This is part of the fun of learning about new to me strains, but I think I need a smaller version of my flower light for the other tent. Plants seem to have a very hard time acclimating to it sometimes...

IMG 20200607 175842
IMG 20200607 175852
IMG 20200607 180939
IMG 20200607 180932
revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
Holy shit bro, amazing work 👏

What lighting control system is that?!?!?!?!?

Dr.B

Dr.B

Holy shit bro, amazing work 👏

What lighting control system is that?!?!?!?!?
Thank you!!!

The lighting runs on a cheapo $10 timer from home depot, its plugged into the bar, back left. 😉

I think you're asking about the thermostat for the heat mat?

I ordered it on Amazon, when the original one died on me... not "Amazon's choice" though. Next step up in price, ($30.00...??) So far its been very well behaved!

Dr.B

Dr.B

Thank you!!!

The lighting runs on a cheapo $10 timer from home depot, its plugged into the bar, back left. 😉

I ordered it on Amazon, when the original one died on me... not "Amazon's choice" though. Next step up in price, ($30.00...??) So far its been very well behaved!
Dammit, back right. I use alcohol to clean... Just finished lol🥴

Dr.B

Dr.B

Do plants get lonely? Haha, I'm tempted to bring one of the house plants to keep her company... Play some nature sounds... 🤔🤔🤔🤣

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
Thank you!!!

I mean the system that's controlling your light, slowly increasing/decreasing spectrum

Cheers

Dr.B

Dr.B

I mean the system that's controlling your light, slowly increasing/decreasing spectrum

Cheers
Oh, sorry. The other light (Kindled) has an internal controller. Everything is built into the light and happens from my phone. I can choose preset lighting programs or put together my own if I need something different.

Latest posts

Top Bottom