super harsh medical weed what gives?

• Thread starter weed420420420420420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

Im in the pittsburgh area. And I'm literally about to quit smoking weed until my shit is finished or I can find a good street plug. This dispensary shit is inexcusably harsh. It's really really bad. It's giving me copd for real.

How do we get them to do it right? And quit fucking it up?
And when they get a hermie or something moldy or their test group says it's harsh. they need to just throw that shit away and do better...

Thats what the medical industry should be. Give at least a HALF a fuck about doing it right for christs sake. This is fucking appalling.
And "if you wanna roll the dice" it's 65 dollars for the good shit. Not that you get to have a look at it first or anything...

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Commercial grows tend to cure for only a short time, if at all. If a state is new to the game, they will eventually require testing for mold and spores. Your prices will also eventually come down, if you have recreational.

Stick with gummies until your crop is ready.

D

Dugplug

Im in the pittsburgh area. And I'm literally about to quit smoking weed until my shit is finished or I can find a good street plug. This dispensary shit is inexcusably harsh. It's really really bad. It's giving me copd for real.

How do we get them to do it right? And quit fucking it up?
And when they get a hermie or something moldy or their test group says it's harsh. they need to just throw that shit away and do better...

Thats what the medical industry should be. Give at least a HALF a fuck about doing it right for christs sake. This is fucking appalling.
And "if you wanna roll the dice" it's 65 dollars for the good shit. Not that you get to have a look at it first or anything...
Get yourself a MIGHTY VAPORIZER shit won't be harsh any more

Ponky

Ponky

Dispensaries around here would buy anything. Including washed weed adulterated with tasty puff. They would never buy a triple A. Or even an acceptable load. Reject loads only. So here at least it was silly to buy from a dispensary .

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

So for the first year or 2 nobody gives a shit about mold? that comes AFTER everything gets rolling?
Not in my state, mold, bugs, etc were monitored day 0. I think most are like that, but I can't speak to the enforcement side. Most seed to sale software (requirement in most states) has a spot for the lab report on every batch. If it is missing and you are selling and get caught - oops there goes your license.

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

ya it's all "good ol boy" farms around here. Redneck cbd farmers who just dont quite get it yet.

ok that was generalizing slightly. but overall the strains are mostly a "layup shot" and the grow is mostly a "layup shot" production over quality approach. They dont quite know how to back up to the 3 point line and sink the big one yet.

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

Still trying flower after flower.
Like the one guy said all of it seems washed. Like all of it was blasted for bho already. Or like it's all just cbd weed... None of it takes the edge off right. Not the higher 20 percent or even 30 percent stuff.
It's all what we used to call "beasters" back in the day. Nothing gassy. Nothing tart. Nothing too smelly...

They keep doing layup shots on purpose because somebody upstairs is secretly telling them "we still dont want people getting too stony baloney". Meanwhile people can drink 15 shots of jaeger and go drive around...

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Still trying flower after flower.
Like the one guy said all of it seems washed. Like all of it was blasted for bho already. Or like it's all just cbd weed... None of it takes the edge off right. Not the higher 20 percent or even 30 percent stuff.
It's all what we used to call "beasters" back in the day. Nothing gassy. Nothing tart. Nothing too smelly...

They keep doing layup shots on purpose because somebody upstairs is secretly telling them "we still dont want people getting too stony baloney". Meanwhile people can drink 15 shots of jaeger and go drive around...
It was like that for a long time in CO as well when it went legal. Just like everybody keeps saying, commercial grows especially ones with a lot of overhead or debt, tend to be fast harvest, fast cure, fast sell. So basically they're chopping down before trichomes are finished, they're curing long enough to market, and selling it just as fast as they can. Once the market stabilizes in your area, you'll start see dispensaries selling better quality- because right now it's all about quantity, until businesses are established that's what you're going to get unless you know someone who grows and does it right.

indogrow420

indogrow420

the only dispensary weed I smoke is Broken Coast, I bought some hash one time and it was full of powdered mold and plant matter

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

The problem is the processing. This is why craft growers/home growers will always have an advantage in quality.

Big business = automated processes = using giant metal tumblers to trim buds. So what you end up with is flower that has been stripped of the trichomes because who cares about flower 90% of the industry is concentrates and edibles. Dispensaries and legalization are saturating the market with very, very low quality product that can hardly be passed off as smokable bud.

EDIT: my buddy showed me some weed he bought from the dispensary the other day and it was the most weird, odd looking bud I've ever seen in my life. Buds were super rock hard and dense, really tiny, smooth edged and almost looked like the THC it had was sprayed on. I wish I took a picture.

Garbage_bear

Garbage_bear

They starve the plant for water so it is dry enough to throw into a tumbler then they send it to market as brown dry crumbly weed. It’s unbelievable. It has driven me to get my med card and grow at home. I have spent thousands on garbage dispensary weed. Never again. And this is Oregon!! So disappointing.

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

And the strains are never mainstays or milestones that Ive heard raved about. There was a moonshine haze but I doubt it was from rare dankness. Ive got holy grail kush right now but somehow I doubt it's actually from dna.

Other than that it's cheesebal names that you know are gonna be bunk right out of the gate. Like cheez whiz or terpinator or killer grapes .hich tasted not even the slightest bit fruity. Not even in the least. The color purple is there sometimes but not purple flavor. pretty much ever.

Dont they know you can go big AND good. Like purple trainwreck... Or nl5 haze. Or skunk qabbage.

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

I'm just gonna start walking in these places and stand at the front desk and say "nah... I dont smell anything good today" and then leave.

Ive been asking around for a job as a strain advisor. Of course everybody wants to think they know what they're doing already. Probably getting their genetics from boofman dotcom and boomers love growing marijuana dotcom.

But I refuse to be another budtender douche in the shop asking people if they "prefer sativa indica or hybrid" and then sell them some 15% shwag for 40 bucks that does nothing but piss people off either way...

Peat_Phreak

Peat_Phreak

One common reason is using too much phosphorus. When P burns it forms phosphorus pentoxide which is a known irritant to the throat. Some 'pro' growers slam their plants with P because it cranks yield. The end result is a higher volume of lower potency harsh weed because it contains too much P.

Of course, there are other reasons for weed smoking harshly that might have contributed to the harshness.

BigCube

BigCube

The prices dispensary's want to pay for weed leaves very little room for quality.
Also, if people keep buying it the bar is kept low.

I only buy concentrats from dispensaries.

Top Bottom