Super StarDawg in flowering.....

• Thread starter SSHZ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SSHZ

Well, unfortunately, I'm disappointed in the smoke. Everything is cut and dried. I am attributing this to cutting too early at 72 days. The plants looked great and I was seeing about 5% amber trichomes and the rest were cloudy. But, the smoke is just very average. I still have hopes for one of these plants and I saved them to grow out again in my next crop. Dried pic's up tomorrow......

I

ibTheMan

Its probably the strain, not you. 72 days is enough to make about any weed good, ive cut down a plant 2 weeks early one time(og18) and that is still some of the best weed ive smoked.

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
Well, unfortunately, I'm disappointed in the smoke. Everything is cut and dried. I am attributing this to cutting too early at 72 days. The plants looked great and I was seeing about 5% amber trichomes and the rest were cloudy. But, the smoke is just very average. I still have hopes for one of these plants and I saved them to grow out again in my next crop. Dried pic's up tomorrow......

Too bad on those. Goes to show you never know until its dried, cured, and smoked.

S

SSHZ

As promised, here are a few pic's. As you can see, they look nice. I just started 10 Purple StarDawg with hopes they turn out better but after having only 2 of 10 of the Super StarDawg sprout, only 5 of 10 of the Purple's popped. Not good at all............. I had high hopes for these StarDawg hybrids but have been disappointed so far. It's not bad mind you...... just not great.

IMGP0502
IMGP0503
JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
This is the second strain i have seen you grow and report as disappointing. Wondering what are the strains you have grown and enjoyed as a comparison?

Jb

S

SSHZ

First off, it's a hybrid with Mass Super Skunk which JJ stated was becoming weak and is "tired". Results I've read from others haven't been great either. It was a limited edition. It's not anything like pure StarDawg or one of the better hybrids we all keep hearing/reading about. I only grew 2 plants so it's not a wide selection to find a winner. The endless sky you are referring to- I grew 24 plants and there are tons of complaints all over the web with very poor grows in the last few years from very experienced growers.

Check out any of my Sweet Seeds grow i.e. Green Poison or Cream Caramel, Dinafem Industrial Plant and a number of others that escape me right now. I don't have access to clones and mostly buy feminized seeds from Attitude, EDIT or here. Check out some of my pic's too.

Finally, I'm not saying it's bad. Just not as good as I thought it would be. I think the Mass Super Skunk reduced some of the "quality" of the bud. That's all I'm saying.

M

Macksmack

I think your gut was right and you cut too early. Those look bout %80 sativa. Hows the buzz? Its mostly sativa high im thinking, by the looks, id bumb up K and reduce N until day 70. Then flush till 84 days ;).... You all are prob like yea whatev... U only have 2 posts.... But lets please remember that genetics DO NOT get weaker by the generation.... A plant that loses vigor can still make killer babies.. A real breeder knows this. ;)

S

SSHZ

Well, it's been a few weeks and I've been smoking these on and off with some other things. In hind site, even though they looked great when I cut them with about 5% amber trichomes, they definitely needed about 10-14 more days. This is my vaporizer smoke and it's good that way. In a bong or dube, not so good- little taste or smell, ok high. And ocassionally I'll come across a bud that's more potent and it's noticable right away. The Purple StarDawg's are coming along nicely and I'll be flowering them within a weeks time. These WON'T be cut early.......

Latest posts

Top Bottom