Surf's multi-room living organic soil fabric pot beds

• Thread starter surfguitar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
surfguitar

surfguitar

What up fellow cannabis grow nerds :bookworm: My names surf and I grow in homemade living organic soil mixes with big fabric pots mostly. I grow legally for mostly myself, my dad, my GF and my brother. Basically anyone in the fam who wants some smoke always has some :cool:

I currently have 2 flower rooms. My first room that's about to be flipped in a week or so is running a 400w HID(MH right now) with a 20 gallon SP that has 5 white S1 clones of the pheno I dubbed happy and a 5 gallon SP that has another pheno called grumpy. Also have 2 mother plants in a clay pot in this room but those aren't going to flowering. This is from about 2 days ago.
photo_46.jpg

Second room is a 1000w HID room that is currently running a 400w MH and flouros. This room has one 45gal geopot with about 10 clones in there but I'm not sure that all will make it as I jumped the gun in transplanting them but I have about 7 others that will hopefully root any day now and I plan to throw most of those in there. Hopefully this room will be rdy to flip in a couple weeks.
photo_45.jpg

I just purchased a new 400w digi ballast, fan and other assortment of goodies and will be making another 400w room, small veg area and ballast container within a week or 2. Basing it mostly off of the Tick box DIY on icmag. I'm gonna manually flip between the 2 400w rooms and this room will also have a small 10w compact flouro that will kick on for 2 hours mid dark cycle to keep plants vegging in this cab if I want. I'm gonna be doing a side by side soil test in this room all with the same clone in 4 10 gallon smart pots to test clackamas cootz mix which is based mostly around humus and enzyme teas versus yosemitesams high mineral/brix/energy soil.

My current soil mix I'm running in the 1k and 400w room right now is:
In the 20gal smart pot and clay pot mothers I'm running,
11.5gal peat
7.5gal Bu compost
3.5gal ewc
7.5 gal diatomite rock
1 KIS nutrient pack

Everything else,
Leftovers from mix one.
13 gal peat
~5 gal worm gold plus 93% EWC 3% rock dust 3% kelp
7.5 gal commercial compost made from veggie scraps which contains some bentonite as well(using this might have been a bad idea not sure yet haha)
8 gallon pumice
5tb powdered gypsum
~8tb kelp
1 KIS nutrient pack

Everything has been mulched with EWC from the local guy and Oat hay. Top dressed with Neem and kelp, gonna top dress a bit of crab meal, horsetail, yarrow and comfrey today. I try to water about every other day and always water with either aloe, sprouted seed teas, sea-crop(sample), compost teas, botanical teas, agisil, ful-power, tm-7 or some sort of mixture of all those. I foliar feed about every other day too, either ful-power, kelp meal tea, neem meal tea, agisil, sea-crop, compost tea or some sort of mixture of this stuff.

I'm gonna mix up all the new soil mixes and let them rest for a month in the 10 gallon smart pots once I get my amorphous silica DE next week, new soil mixes consist of-
Ys mix:
Base,
50% Sphagnum peat
25% 50/50 local ewc and malibu compost
25% diatomite rock

Per 10gal base:
1lbs Oyster shell
1lbs Dr earth SRP
1lbs DTE kelp
.25lb Amorphous silica DE
7 cups cascadian basalt rock dust

CC mix #1:
Base,
35% peat
35% Local ewc and malibu compost
30% diatomite rock

per 10 gal base:
1/2cup kelp
1/2cup Neem
1/2cup Crab
1/2cup alfalfa meal
4cups cascadian basalt
1/2cup powdered gypsum
1cup Oyster shell

CC mix #2:
Base,
35% peat
35% Local ewc and malibu compost
30% diatomite rock

per 10 gal base:
1cup kelp
1cup Neem
1cup Crab
1cup Alfalfa meal
8 cups cascadian basalt
1/2cup powdered gypsum
2cups Calcium carbonate
1cup small shore washed sea shells lightly crushed

Gonna run 2 of the YS mix and CC mix #1 and #2. Probably all with 1 plant of my "bashful" pheno.

The bought compost is only temporary as I have started vermicomposting am absolutely addicted. I have a 2 month old commercial worm bin filled with peat that gets my food scraps and a 2 week old home made bin filled with compost mostly. I have a 100gal geopot in the mail that should be here next week and about 60gallons of horsemanure that has been aging for about a month, all the content of the homemade bin will go in there when the geopot gets here.

That basically covers it, feel free to post any questions, criticisms, advice or whatever the fuck you want tbh. Grab onto your seat and join in for the ride :)

To keep you entertained here's a budshot of my favorite pheno bashful
user416201_pic1177397_1387206775.jpg

Last edited:
surfguitar

surfguitar

Thanks for stopping in d420 :) I'll have to check out your grow.

Forgot to mention I have some beans in mail coming from the bay, (nlxohaze)x(nlxohaze), DGS abyss99 and hopefully 2 freebies of SOL blue satellite 2.2 and mandala kalichakra. Gonna pop those once I get them and probably end up flowering them in the currently running 400w room.

d420dool

d420dool

hey surf when u say the bay do u mean thcbay or the other one cuz i dont remember those genetix bein on thcbay if they were id have scooped em up. they sound fiya

surfguitar

surfguitar

my bad, it was from seedbay during the xmas special.

RIVAL79

RIVAL79

Funk Master!
Supporter
Welcome to the Farm, bro! Did u find that Bashful pheno in a pack of OGR White S1? Def looks like a nice keeper, Surf G.

surfguitar

surfguitar

Out of a 10 pack of feminized seeds I got 6 unique phenos, 2 were prone to mold so they got the chop. Happy and bashful are def keepers, not sure on the other ones yet I need one more round with them to really see.

surfguitar

surfguitar

Oh wow didn't realize that was your pic! very impressive :)

I think this happy pheno might be similar to your POTM winner, I've only ran it one round so far and I probably should have let it go another week or so. Super excited to get a full roud with plenty of clones of it this round in a good soil mix. It's really short and stocky and turns purple nicely.

The bashful pheno is more sativa and turns into a monster plant. Same with the grumpy pheno which is even more sativa, gonna let that one go around 70-80 days this time and see if its worth it to keep :) I have another pheno sneezy which is super branchy and very potent but might be prone to hermi a bit or it could be my room. Gonna see on this round!

surfguitar

surfguitar

I've had a small fungus gnat problem since using this mix that I think came from my old compost pile. I released about 10,000 hypoasis mites in both my rooms and 150 rove beetles in the 400w room. Did that about 3 weeks ago and starting to see a major decrease in numbers. Plants are healthy so as long as they are under control I'm not too worried.

green bastard

green bastard

welcome surf!!!!...nice plants im subbed for the show bro!

Top Bottom