Survey: Is Infrared Diode A Must on Light?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I noticed a huge difference running the same cut indoors vs 😳 outdoor. Same inputs and completely different terps and effects.
We need a full spectrum powerful bar style light with a programmable sunrise to sunset custom ppfd maps. To simulate the different sun intensity throughout the day. To mimic anywhere on earth. Is that to much I am high🤣
Scynce raging kush 2. You forgot to mention adjustable spectrum with no loss of ppfd. Does that too.

Last edited:
Novaracer69

Novaracer69

Scynce raging kush 2. You forgot to mention adjustable spectrum with no loss of ppfd. Does that too.
Not good enough in my eyes. To the skin I want to feel Spain in July for certain cultivars. Or LA in September for others. In my head you need a bar style light with a cob on a track that can go back and forth. With all the innovations in environmental controls. The future 🙌 is probably going to be better than my ideas.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Not good enough in my eyes. To the skin I want to feel Spain in July for certain cultivars. Or LA in September for others. In my head you need a bar style light with a cob on a track that can go back and forth. With all the innovations in environmental controls. The future 🙌 is probably going to be better than my ideas.
Well, you are looking for HPS - not sure what else I can say here. There is no free lunch.

If you want plants to get hot directly from photons, then iR (the real stuff, not far red) is what you need. LEDs were developed specifically because they don't produce iR like incandescent lamps. That's where the power savings comes from and the reason we use them not just in horticulture but everywhere these days. If you want your lighting to also be a photon based heater, HPS is way more efficient at doing that.

Personally I don't think the plant cares if the leaves are heated with photons or via the air but ?

Maybe just grow outdoors if that is your thing.

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

I'm using sunrise and sunset combo options on my current run.

I have my 2nd one coming this week. But probably won't use it until I create a grow room though.
what is this sunrise sunset combo your talking about? a feature of your light?

D

Diverge

They have some premade recipes that ramp up and ramp down the lights at the beginning and end of the light cycles, which changes to spectrum to wake and sleep the plants.

Novaracer69

Novaracer69

Well, you are looking for HPS - not sure what else I can say here. There is no free lunch.

If you want plants to get hot directly from photons, then iR (the real stuff, not far red) is what you need. LEDs were developed specifically because they don't produce iR like incandescent lamps. That's where the power savings comes from and the reason we use them not just in horticulture but everywhere these days. If you want your lighting to also be a photon based heater, HPS is way more efficient at doing that.

Personally I don't think the plant cares if the leaves are heated with photons or via the air but ?

Maybe just grow outdoors if that is your thing.
I do grow outdoors for the most part because a 2lb plant is not hard and our limit is 12 . I grow indoors because that's my old-school roots. I used to grow in a refrigerator that I gutted. I used the upper freezer for my cmh ballast. Back them it was hard controlling the heat in such a small space.
I can say I am grateful for the leaps and bounds we have made. I have neighbors who grow to. My whole neighborhood in September smells heavily 🥰

ninjadip

ninjadip

Yeah some lights have this feature. On my light it starts 30 minutes before the end or beginning, by slowly dimming or increasing light power until at the set setting.

I have two tents one small 2x2 with a sunrise/sunset feature. I liked the idea. Now at the end of my grow, the plant under the sunrise light looks no better than her clones in the other tent. In fact the ones in the other tent are a lot better, they are supplemented with 4 far red/red bloom bars. With the this extra far red I ran them on 13/11 cycles, because the far red will put them to sleep fast.

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

Yeah some lights have this feature. On my light it starts 30 minutes before the end or beginning, by slowly dimming or increasing light power until at the set setting.

I have two tents one small 2x2 with a sunrise/sunset feature. I liked the idea. Now at the end of my grow, the plant under the sunrise light looks no better than her clones in the other tent. In fact the ones in the other tent are a lot better, they are supplemented with 4 far red/red bloom bars. With the this extra far red I ran them on 13/11 cycles, because the far red will put them to sleep fast.
california lightworx?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

According to Bugbee there is no benefit to sunrise or sunset. I didn't buy the light for that feature personally. Nice to see real world corroboration.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

ok nice just had to read up on the light(raging kush 2) now. perfect tent light hey. around 26000 in my currency very expensive Im saving up for 4 nanolux lights and they are around 700 dollar each https://marijuanasa.co.za/product/nanolux-ledzx-630w-led-fixture/
Most expensive lights I ever bought for sure. Still testing to see if they are worth the extra $$$. I like the ability to modify spectrum a lot.

Please understand I am not endorsing these lights, they are still too new to me for that. I am just answering questions about what tech is out there. Scynce is on the bleeding edge.

ninjadip

ninjadip

ok nice just had to read up on the light(raging kush 2) now. perfect tent light hey. around 26000 in my currency very expensive Im saving up for 4 nanolux lights and they are around 700 dollar each https://marijuanasa.co.za/product/nanolux-ledzx-630w-led-fixture/
What is random start? I think I've seen an old car with this feature lol. I think it's a translation thing. Does it just mean a user can turn it on manually?

Are Sanan LED chips good? Never heard of them, but what do I know, I'm not too knowledgeable of the light world. This costs $800 USD here.

Screenshot 20221206 131142
ninjadip

ninjadip

california lightworx?
Oh no I have this feature on a very cheap light from Sonlipo. Cost me under 100. Initially I got this cheap light because it was only going to be for veg, but plans change. Going back to veg only after what's in it is done.

Funny thing about Sunlipo brand, they put cannabis leaves on their product and manual.

I am not endorsing this, it's so so, just showing that funny in pot leaf on the board 😂 see the punched out outline of it? Too funny. The light is good for an all in one thing if you need that. But not too powerful obviously

Screenshot 20221206 132033

ViparSpectra

Supporter
The Infrared Diode is dim to be seen directly by the eyes when lit up, and not as bright as other LEDs.

If you want to check their difference, it is suggested to wear sunglasses.

🤞 🤞 🤞

Top Bottom