Surviving the 2022 super flooded market.

• Thread starter Masonsdad15
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Knowledge253

Knowledge253

Everyone just keep smoking and Keep on pushing and buying that’s all it needs. Everything is changing so I agree you need to be ahead of the game strain wise and a solid grower. Connections are a huge thing it’s very hard to get into a new market not really knowing anyone that’s established being the new fish isn’t ideal forsure . But if you been doing it and making it keep on keepin on. The ones that don’t give up stay alive. Diversify what you sell as far as trim kief and Smalls etc and get every dollar you can think of it like a buisness that won’t receive profit for a few years but once you keep hitting the nail in the head with your grow then nail it again by going to every single grower you can contact and retailer and just say yes when they make an offer . Be the yes man get yourself out there and get known. Have a back story and knowledge of pricing as well .

Judaz

Judaz

Unfortunately flower is dying with the new generation. The concentrate market will be king. But don’t get me wrong. There will still be a connoisseur market for boutique high quality flowers. The light dep market will be your commercial weed and in order to compete you must grow A+ weed and have the right genetics as well.

The reason why the market got so bad is because of supply and demand. Way too much supply and due to the failing legal market not being able to stay profitable because they still can’t compete with the black market. A good portion of legal grows decided to backdoor a big portion of their supply into black market. I don’t blame them as they do not have a choice. It’s either go out of business or stay afloat. This action has caused pound prices to plummet. Grow warehouses are falling like dominoes in California. Especially the bigger indoor warehouses. The only way to stay afloat is to keep it small and crafty if you are growing indoors. Can’t make any mistakes. You can’t have bugs or else you gotta spray. Even if the spray is organic it will still effect the final product.

So how to stay in the game?

1) stay small amd controllable.
2) Focus on quality even if it costs you quantity.
3) stay away from salts. Poor taste and bad smoke even though they may look good from feeding run to waste.
4) introduce more organic products in your hydro grows.
5) don’t use high ppm. Stay under 2.2 ec max runoff during peak weeks. Running high ec 2.5-3 will only darken up your buds in the end from chem burns.
6) flush for 2-3 weeks. Weeks 7-9 how to do it? In week 7 make a light mix 1.5 ec if you are recirculating nutes return water top off res with water and don’t add any more nutes. Feed the diluted mix next day. Repeat for a week. This way you are always feeding a lower ec for that week by topping off res with water and not adjusting with nutes. I only add sugars during these weeks after topping res. Weeks 8 do an even lighter mix 1 ec and repeat the diluting process with sugars. Week 9 flush. This will give you best taste, bright green buds. You should see leaves becoming lighter green. This will make your buds crystallize more too.
7) lower your day and night temps weeks 7-9 to produce more terps
8) keep humidity low in the 40’s weeks 7-9 it’s just gonna make your final quality better.
9) make sure you have the best genetics. I run the original og kush and a few exotics. Anything that’s candy sells. Candy is extremely frosty colorful weed.
10) make sure your curing is on point. 7-10 day dry. Use bóveda bags to keep weed fresh and store it in the right environment.

Ps I’m assuming your room is solid. Don’t cut corners on environment. Make sure you can control all environmental factors well. If you can’t then you won’t be able to sense your plants and get the best quality. Need to be able to control temp and humidity and your room better be insulated to do this. Very important to make sure your room is well insulated. And inject a little fresh air with co2. Stay away from burners use co2 tanks instead. I wrote a post about sealed hybrid room systems being the best. I was really focused on weight before. But there is a balance between weight and quality. While I’m not hitting 3.5-4 pounds a light anymore. I’m doing 2.5-3 per light of much higher quality

Good luck 🍀

Last edited:
Judaz

Judaz

This is an example of an exotic strain that has color and that is also candy… frosty and very aromatic. Hope this helps or at least gives you an idea of what can help you stay in the game.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

I think we've seen the same here in Canada. The only ones surviving are the big farms, everyone else is struggling and because of the sheer quantity that the big farms are producing, its hard to sell all of your product. "Micro" grows as defined by Health Canada (200m2 canopy) are still million dollar or more startups and with the limited canopy, they just dont make sense. Small craft growers just dont really exist or they are struggling here, as are some of the big boys. My solution? Put them all out of business by growing my own. Which isnt really a solution for commercial growers, it amplifies the problem and Im ok with that. Canada created a legal market where only the big boys can survive and small operations cant even get started commercially without some serious capital. So, fuck em. Ill grow my own and never buy commercial weed again :)
Canada created a psuedo legal market,and doubled penalties at the same time,it's a cruel joke,a crime through monopoly,and I'm glad the legal weed is garbage since it's the same people running it who wanted pot smokers in jail prior. I hope each one of them goes under.

rDWCNoob

rDWCNoob

Canada created a psuedo legal market,and doubled penalties at the same time,it's a cruel joke,a crime through monopoly,and I'm glad the legal weed is garbage since it's the same people running it who wanted pot smokers in jail prior. I hope each one of them goes under.

Yeah. The silver lining for users in Canada being how easy it is to get a medical license. 25 plant max for the min prescription of 5 grams a day. Had a friend who got a prescription for 14 grams a day and he was authorized to grow 75 plants for personal use. Thats a hell of a lot for one person but would allow you to be very picky about quality while also having some for hash/concentrate production.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Yeah. The silver lining for users in Canada being how easy it is to get a medical license. 25 plant max for the min prescription of 5 grams a day. Had a friend who got a prescription for 14 grams a day and he was authorized to grow 75 plants for personal use. Thats a hell of a lot for one person but would allow you to be very picky about quality while also having some for hash/concentrate production.
In the late 90's I had a script for 72 plants,I never made any concentrates until a cple years ago. There was never a market for it back then

rDWCNoob

rDWCNoob

This is an example of an exotic strain that has color and that is also candy… frosty and very aromatic. Hope this helps or at least gives you an idea of what can help you stay in the game.

<snip>

What strain is that?

Latest posts

Top Bottom