Switch from H&G to CANNA A&B nutrients?

• Thread starter splitkooks
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Joe Blow

how big were the plants TK? I got 4 plants on my 4x4 in 3gal smart pots. 4x4 hydrohut. 1000w hps. I'm expecting about 4 ounces per plant. I'm following the 10week cycle to the T. I start the shooting powder tomorrow. The plant heights atm are about 2 foot. Start of flower they were nice healthy 1 footers. Didn't top at all just cleaned up the lowers and middles of plants for suckers. Is my hopes for 16 ounces not high enough? Should I expect more? Can I get more plants on my table? Any advice from you would be solid bro thx.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
2 gallon pots, flipped at 15 or so inches, finished at about 24", cram packed in the tent..

I have a thread over at IC or BB I think that shows all of it, look in the tent grow threads.

Tex

Disguised

Disguised

If my memory serves, the chief chemist scientist guy left Canna and went and started H&G so the nutes are basically coming from the same brain trust.

I asked an H&G rep on the phone if William Van De Zwaan ever worked for Canna, and I was told that no he did not, this is just a rumor.

:smiley_joint:

purpleberry

purpleberry

I would love to see a pic of a 3.5 oz plant in a 2 gallon pot with 16 of them on a 3x3 table. lol When i put 16 on 3x3 they crowded each other out so much and i can only get 1oz each at the most.

S

sensei13

And youll be fine just switch to the new nutes, DONT flush that hurts plants. Just start using your new nutes at the same ppm your at now and youll be golden.

bunbun:icon_animal26:

I don't think it is a good idea to state flushing hurts plants. If incorporating into a direct nutrient delivery system maybe I can understand; but I have handwatered & use drip systems with cocoa and I truly believe a regular flushing schedule is pretty essential to the best crop possible.

S

sensei13

I'm surprised more people don't use airstones. Not an absolute necessity, but I have seen a difference. BTW I have been able to get a 18 ounce yield from 4 plants in a 3' x 3', with each plant leaning about 10" over each side. they were about 30 - 36" tall with a solid canopy. I used the full Canna line, and Bloombastic in final weeks under a 600w HPS with top notch results.

M

mcpuffin

Canna is 1/2 the price of h&g, this from someone who works at a hydro shop. Having using both products, I'd have to say it's a toss up. Canna's simplicity can't be beat (15 ml/gal from cutting to end of flower) & H&G is ultra concentrated. Btw, Van de Zwann was the original chemist for Canna (this from Humbolt Wholsale, H&G's US distributor).

D

DrDanko

I have ran both pretty much to the hilt, both do almost the exact same thing, I prefer the H&G myself because I had consistantly better results with it over Canna and AN. Yield is insane..AN comes close.

No aitstones in Canna or H&G it screws your ph all to hell, that is why I can't run in my new systems at all.
So TK, do you run different nute lines in your different systems? You kinda lost me here. I know you like the H&G, but what were you saying about the airstones? You can't run the H&G in your UnderCurrent? Sorry, I'm super lost but trying to find a new base nute to go with. Need to get some Bloom tomorrow so kinda doing last-minute research. Was looking at Canna, but if H&G is cheaper I'd like to go that route. Especially since you mentioned you run it in your Waterfarms and have run it in Ebb and Flo's, which is something I'm gonna try next run. Always done soil before. Any clarification would be appreciated. Great thread! DrD.

B

billybadazz

I also noticed the no air stones in the H&G line and was planning on running an Undercurrent 8 xl with H&G nutes (pretty much copying Texas kids undercurrent grow to a T) so TK I thought you ran H&G in your whole grow with the toejam and alien 4, just wanted to make sure I understand correctly before I spend a shitload on nutes bro??

M

mellofello

I have had the pH stability problems when using and air stone and Canna to. Seems odd to me but my plants still seem to love it all the same. Means I don't like mixing up batches of nutes larger than enough for a few days or so.

peace

mello

J

Johnnyblaze2010

no airstones?

I have ran both pretty much to the hilt, both do almost the exact same thing, I prefer the H&G myself because I had consistantly better results with it over Canna and AN. Yield is insane..AN comes close.

No aitstones in Canna or H&G it screws your ph all to hell, that is why I can't run in my new systems at all.

If my memory serves, the chief chemist scientist guy left Canna and went and started H&G so the nutes are basically coming from the same brain trust.

I still like Empire Organics coco over Canna by far..even though I don't use either one anymore.

Tex

Hey Tex, I read somewhere that the "no airstones in reservoir" was a misprint on the H&G brochure and they did not have enough time to fix it before they shipped it out. But from your personal experience, how has the ph fluctuated when you added the airstones in Canna and H&G? Which lines were you using and what kind of a system were you running?

M

MydnyteToker

Ive got a slightly different situation...I am using GH Micro and Bloom with Cal Mag using RO handwatered to waste in coco and I was told over on another site from an experienced grower that with H&G I would not need Cal Mag since it is Coco specific. I too was wondering about how to prepare my plants for the switch. They are still in veg but ready to flip soon. Should I do a flush or just run extra nutes through with first feeding of new nute program with similar ppms?

N

norcal

whats up guys. read through this and figured id give my input. i work at a coop and they chose to use advanced nutes. i like the product but the price is out of this world. they are now starting to switch over the house and garden since they saw my product and yield. i gurantee you will get a bigger yield from H&G and you will save money. Ive never used canna from what ive heard H&G was just an improved formula over canna but i cant speak from experience. all i can say is i know house and garden is better than advanced. there shooting powder does some amazing shit. also roots exc. is by far the best on the market. i use Soil A & B and i got 5L of both for only 70 dollars. u cant beat that.

T

truecannabliss

Im a massive fan of Canna nutes, been growing with them for nearly 10 years now and done lots of experimenting and comparisons, i go with the A+B, Rhizotonic, Cannazym and PK 13-14, i also use B'Cuzz Coco Booster and B'Cuzz Bloom Stimulator too.
Peace

N

norcal

ive always heard canna was good. no experience with them. the owners of the hydro store said in there exp H&G is jus upgraged version of canna but idk.. every line will work. i will never buy advanced is all i know. what a rip off. i cant believe theres that many people out there willing to spend the money and actually believe its worth it. what a joke. id use Canna, humboldt nutrients, earth juice, H&G, cutting edge. and many more before id ever use advanced again.

F

FileError404

I've been using Canna Aqua since 2002 but I was just offered wholesale prices for H&G.

Price quote:

H&G A and B Aqua Flakes veg/flower 23L $70 each

Canna Aqua A and B veg/flower 20L $150 each

Easy decision :) Still will use the Cannazym, PK13/14, CalMag and BigBud (The only AN add I like)

budboy299

budboy299

RE: airstones in the Rez.....one of the macronutrients iron, is what precipitates out of the solution when airated. I am not exactly sure that it is all that critical as there is probably more iron in most nutrients than is actually needed.

If you run CalMag Plus (has chelated iron in it)...it says on the back of the bottle, "in hydroponics, iron falls out of the solution relatively fast due to the use of magnetic pumps without grounding probes, and high levels of dissolved oxygen from airstones and pumps"

I know this to be factual because....if you mix up H&G aqua flakes (has lots of iron) in a fairly deep reservoir and then airate it, within 2 days the deep brown color will lighten up by at least half. If you don't airate it...the color stays deep brown till the next nute change. Exact same thing happens with the CalMag Plus.

May not be that important but it does make you wonder...

Z

Zanthe

When you are three to four days out from switching your girls from veg to flower is when you should start using your bloom. weather it be the cann or the h&G, both products are well balanced however i lean towards the cann because it works great with the hydro system i am using. The reason for introducing the bloom early is to allow the plants to adjust to the nutrients before the light schedule changes so when you flip those lights, they are ready to start blooming for you! Happy Gardening

C

CanadianClassic

I use Canna and love the product's ez to use and results are great they are semi expensive but worth it imo.

Goodluck with the ladies!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom