Switching to 600's

• Thread starter TylerDurden119
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dankworth

dankworth

if consumption wasn't an issue i'd rock 1k's all day. no doubt they are the best. Its what i used to run and was very happy. im really just doing this not cause i think the 6's r better, its out of necessity for breeding. I am going into this prepared to have lower #'s(marignal i hope) but I'll b able to get a breeding room going. everyones input has been greatly appreciated and absorbed.

I wish I wasn't running new shit all the time(tryin to find new keepers) so i could have a baseline to compare when i do switch.

maybe the time will come where consumption won't b an issue.

Oh I get it. It takes all the willpower I have to not breed on top of the farming. I see why you want to run 6s like that. I just sold out and did a 1/2 dozen fem seeds of a strain I had heavily researched to find a keeper.

It would be way cooler to breed my own keeper. Props.

L

LittleAmsterdam

The correct answer is, "It depends on what you want grow !"

a. If you prefer HUGE Christmas Trees 5ft tall; 1k is the way to go.

b. If you want to maximize yield and efficiency with SOG, SCROG, or LST - 600 all the way !

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

its more like
a. Big buds in a sog. =600
b. Killer buds in a sog = 1000
Ill take a 1000s over 6s every situation, but that is just me.

dankworth

dankworth

Hey dude maybe you could keep your 1ks going, get a flip box or something, veg under 12 hours light from a 1k, then 6-12 hours of fluorescents? Just an idea. But that way you could maybe keep using 1ks. But extra complication and expense.

treebark1950

treebark1950

Dank worth is right, use some flip boxes and ur breeding room could be 3k too!

Every light at my op is flipped, it makes double duty of them.

In fact I even flip them to my veg room. I have 1 600 that stays on 24/7 and when one of the flower rooms is sleeping, 4 600s turn on overhead in the veg room.

I call it cheating but it totally works for me! And my spot has a constant power draw, f u so cal edision! Haha:sun:sun

datDANK

datDANK

theres a thread somewhere i can't find.. maybe you guys can help

hes using 600s after using 1000 for so long and states that he likes them better and noticeably less heat

we need to chat with him

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Thx gents for dropping the knowledge. Experience>Theory.

G

Growops

600's seems more efficinet like cervantese says but only more efficeint lumen/per watt other than that they do not penatrate like 1000s meaning all the difference in what makes a light produce

Latest posts

Top Bottom