Systemic PM treatments

• Thread starter cottageman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cottageman

cottageman

I battle PM occasionally like a lot of people do, and I have a pretty routine going right now with Plant therapy, Regalia and green cure, but I was wondering what eople use for a systemic treatment. Thinks like green cure and plant therapy work great for a contact killer but is there anything that systemically "cures" the plants? I have done a bit of research and one safer product I have heard is Procidic 2, and one more chemical solution is banner maxx. Is banner maxx only to be used for moms and under the worst circumstance? The procidic seems promising as it is a lot safer but it is also expensive so I would not like to buy it unless I know it will fix my problem. Any other solutions for systemically "curing" pm?

B

Burned Haze

I would love to know or hear some people’s more imput on this as well and if they have any experience or tips, or brands (more reasons why the better )

So far I had a friend of mine do a full season outdoors with regalia ( he did both drench and foliar at almost full rate ) and said it reduced his pm entirely but also showed yield/more healthier plants . The budrot showed if not 20-30%+ less depending on strain . those % scores are huge to a farmer

Hearing these things made me want to try it out so I’m doing on a cycle and my IPM on all my veggies , outdoor cannabis and next rounds indoor. And if I see positive results like my buddy stated ( I’m game for anther bottle,I know the same company got me into grandevo and venerate = perfect IPM match for soft bodied bugs )

once I have more input , def shout out !

Last edited by a moderator:
PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

I battle PM occasionally like a lot of people do, and I have a pretty routine going right now with Plant therapy, Regalia and green cure, but I was wondering what eople use for a systemic treatment. Thinks like green cure and plant therapy work great for a contact killer but is there anything that systemically "cures" the plants? I have done a bit of research and one safer product I have heard is Procidic 2, and one more chemical solution is banner maxx. Is banner maxx only to be used for moms and under the worst circumstance? The procidic seems promising as it is a lot safer but it is also expensive so I would not like to buy it unless I know it will fix my problem. Any other solutions for systemically "curing" pm?
I use neem/soap for PM on my veggies, peas and cucumber mainly but I have read some people mix neem meal into their soil as a prophylactic. I may give it a try next spring.

B

Burned Haze

No need nasty chems when you can prevent/defend

Even silica will prevent pm (I use that in some of my teas mixtures in my foliar’s and terp gerp has it in it), Potassium Bicarbonate aka greencure also works for pm but so far I want a better solution. That’s why I’m trying regalia this time. Theres a article about the extract plant from regalia (link below )

cottageman

cottageman

No need nasty chems when you can prevent/defend

Even silica will prevent pm (I use that in some of my teas mixtures in my foliar’s and terp gerp has it in it), Potassium Bicarbonate aka greencure also works for pm but so far I want a better solution. That’s why I’m trying regalia this time. Theres a article about the extract plant from regalia (link below )

I use regalia currently and if you already have a pm problem regalia will not solve it outright. It is best as a deterrent because it boosts the plants natural immune system which helps fight off diseases a lot easier. Like I said it won't "cure" your plants if you already have a problem but it definitely will help prevent. Even though it hasn't completely resolved my pm problem I still use it to combat it, as well as a root drench for prevention and my plants really respond well to it. I recommend brewing a tea with bene's like ogbiowar, and then throwing regalia into the tea right before you feed the plants and my plants seem to love it!

cottageman

cottageman

I understand not wanting to use "nasty" chemicals but I have not seen an organic product be able to "systemically cure" a plant of PM. Also, some of those nasty chemicals aren't really that bad at all when used properly. I learned that with imid products and root aphids

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Sulphur burner through veg and first couple weeks of flower. Pretty much a guarantee you wont get PM, and can be used even later in flower as the elemental sulphur will volatilize and off gas, and the plant will absorb and use what's left on it.. Its actually excellent for terp production. One of my tastiest crops got a burn weekly up to week 6 of flower, no joke. I've also heard good things about regalia for prevention, I havent tried it personally, but I swear by sulphur.
Just need to turn all fans/AC/dehu off so it doesnt plug things up, but it works amazingly.

cottageman

cottageman

Sulphur burner through veg and first couple weeks of flower. Pretty much a guarantee you wont get PM, and can be used even later in flower as the elemental sulphur will volatilize and off gas, and the plant will absorb and use what's left on it.. Its actually excellent for terp production. One of my tastiest crops got a burn weekly up to week 6 of flower, no joke. I've also heard good things about regalia for prevention, I havent tried it personally, but I swear by sulphur.
Just need to turn all fans/AC/dehu off so it doesnt plug things up, but it works amazingly.
I have considered this as well cause it is not expensive either but I have herd that you can't spray an oil based spray for 2-3 weeks before you use a burner? If that's the case i wouldn't be able to spray what I usually do for overall maintenance (plant therapy)

B

Burned Haze

I use regalia currently and if you already have a pm problem regalia will not solve it outright. It is best as a deterrent because it boosts the plants natural immune system which helps fight off diseases a lot easier. Like I said it won't "cure" your plants if you already have a problem but it definitely will help prevent. Even though it hasn't completely resolved my pm problem I still use it to combat it, as well as a root drench for prevention and my plants really respond well to it. I recommend brewing a tea with bene's like ogbiowar, and then throwing regalia into the tea right before you feed the plants and my plants seem to love it!

I was Not asking for a “cure” for budrot or pm . or fixes for a already pm problem ? I asked for a better solution for safer solutions aka for prevention before you get it. I haven’t even seen pm on one pheno In my indoors in many years and limited amounts on outdoors so I’m just trying to be more preventive but more less trying to get the bud rot preventive side down . Plus if you look at how regalia works , it’s and making the plant healthier + better yields (like aspirin , a inner immunity ) and prevent and makes the plant healthier . Thus lower chances of chance of pm /bud rot.

What application rate do you use on if you mind me asking regalia ?

I have not gotten pm on my cannabis in years , indoors 100%, outdoors limited amounts get it aka those indica’s ( sometimes a few pm susceptible veggie genetics but that’s it, easily preventable ) , haven’t in years and every crop I gets it lab tested for Compliancy . There’s no reason to use any gross /unregulated products or use sulphuric when unneeded ( not saying it doesn’t work )

everyone has there own preventive methods, thanks for your input ( maybe you learned something )

Last edited by a moderator:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I was Not asking for a “cure” for budrot or pm . or fixes for a already pm problem ? I asked for a better solution for safer solutions aka for prevention before you get it. I haven’t even seen pm on one pheno In my indoors in many years and limited amounts on outdoors so I’m just trying to be more preventive but more less trying to get the bud rot preventive side down . Plus if you look at how regalia works , it’s and making the plant healthier + better yields (like aspirin , a inner immunity ) and prevent and makes the plant healthier . Thus lower chances of chance of pm /bud rot.

I have not gotten pm on my cannabis in years , indoors 100%, outdoors limited amounts get it aka those indica’s ( sometimes a few pm susceptible veggie genetics but that’s it, easily preventable ) , haven’t in years and every crop I gets it lab tested for Compliancy . There’s no reason to use any gross /unregulated products or use sulphuric when unneeded ( not saying it doesn’t work )

everyone has there own preventive methods, thanks for your input ( maybe you learned something )

Lol learned something? what do you mean by that?

Around here every 6th house on average has a pot grow in it and with our warm wet climate PM is everywhere. I've seen it ruin more pot than most people have ever seen, literally hundred pound crops wiped out, even the LP's were getting it in their sealed rooms. A lot of it is passed around in cuttings as there is a lot of high quality clone only strains around here and most of them come with PM, it's just part of the game. But the atmosphere and environment is also just highly conducive to it. The maple tree beside my grow shed gets PM every summer as do a lot of peoples garden crops, it's a true Pacific northwest nightmare.
I use silica, I used to use neem oil, and tried actinovate.. None of that would prevent it if it was there. Nothing prevents PM more than sulphur, other than maybe Nova 40 or Eagle 20, but who wants to smoke cyanide.. really. Though even those used on moms can be used safely as a curative if a plant is heavily infected. But it must be grown out for a few months before taking cutting off it to be safe to smoke the buds off those cuttings.

And Sulphur is actually one of the few things LP's ARE allowed to use for PM in Canada besides Actinovate, which didnt work for shit. I'm not even sure if regalia is listed for use on cannabis up here yet. Sulphur is a very safe treatment for preventing PM AND Budrot, and having an irrational fear of it being some harsh chemical is just that, irrational.

Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I have considered this as well cause it is not expensive either but I have herd that you can't spray an oil based spray for 2-3 weeks before you use a burner? If that's the case i wouldn't be able to spray what I usually do for overall maintenance (plant therapy)

I used neem oil a lot before, it wasnt until i picked up a strain with pm that I had to ditch it to run sulphur. I havent looked back. Neem is great, but sulphur is greater. And it prevents spider mite infestations, which is another huge bonus.

Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I'll tell you a story of my pre-98 bubba cut. I took posession of it covered in PM willingly because I wanted the genetics so bad. And I'm glad I did.

But I had to spray them with powdered sulphur and vape sulphur up to week 6 in flower to keep PM at bay. Crops turned out great. By the 3rd generation of doing that, the plants no longer have PM in them at all and I can pull off a crop without sulphur. I didnt use any for my last run out of sheer laziness. So sulphur cured the genetics of the PM, it just took a couple generations of doing it that way to get the PM out of the plant.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

I've been using aspirin, 325mg to 1 gal water as a foliar spray once a month for the same reason. Nothing has PM but my wife's sweet peas. I'll have to give Regalia a go as I'm tired of fighting it.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I've been using aspirin, 325mg to 1 gal water as a foliar spray once a month for the same reason. Nothing has PM but my wife's sweet peas. I'll have to give Regalia a go as I'm tired of fighting it.

The fungi that gives peas powdery mildew is a totally different genus of fungi that is fairly specific to peas called Erysiphe polygoni. Most PM fungi are fairly plant specific.
The genus you dont want is called Golovinomyces and it can infect a fairly wide range of plants including cannabis. If it's only on your peas I'd say it's a safe bet to assume its E polygoni and poses no risk to your pot plants.

Last edited:
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Sns line of products, I use them successfully. 207-209 line

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

The fungi that gives peas powdery mildew is a totally different genus of fungi that is fairly specific to peas called Erysiphe polygoni. Most PM fungi are fairly plant specific.
The genus you dont want is called Golovinomyces and it can infect a fairly wide range of plants including cannabis. If it's only on your peas I'd say it's a safe bet to assume its E polygoni and poses no risk to your pot plants.
Never had it on my weed. Peas, all of them sweet, snap, garden and I've had cucumbers pretty bad a couple years ago. Since using neem oil I've been able to control it but injured plants don't produce well.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Also just found this old thread while researching Banner maxx. Funny, the second post in the thread is a good one.

B

Burned Haze

Also just found this old thread while researching Banner maxx. Funny, the second post in the thread is a good one.

but we already heard that suggestion? This section was for advanced methods and those products

Bruce maxx is banned and harmful for all cannabis usage and in all states. Medical and rec

Top Bottom