t5 light? /cuttings ????

• Thread starter PEPE LaPUE
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PEPE LaPUE

PEPE LaPUE

I just found out wat thos t5 lights are there those flouresent tube fixtures shit i have a set of two 4or5 ft long ones .. now how many watts can i get away with using for my cuttings? keep in mind that there 13days old and still no visable roots.. i had them under 400wats but i heard it was too much & i had them under for 18hrs .. how long should i have them under lights for? thanxs in advance

juniorgrower

juniorgrower

T5's are not just any flouros, there small bulbs that are specifically for growing. If you have some just laying around that you didn't buy for the purpose of growing then they are probably T8's or T12's. You should keep your lights on 24/7 for cloning. I keep mine on 24/7 for vegging also.

sky high

sky high

I doubt you have t-5's just laying around, pepe.... what you probably have are actually t-12... or "shop lights"...like the ones that are hung in workshops/garages. These lamps are those 1 1/4" or so in diameter tubes. t-5 lamps are about 1/2" in diameter.....very thin... and of a higher wattage/lumen output. In between the t-5's and t-12's are t-8's..... confused yet?

Either way..... 1 or 2 of the floro type fixtures with "cool white" or daylight lamps will serve you for clones. FYI....pre-roots.....the clones do AOK sitting off to the side of most any light.... they don't need full-on light exposure till they get rooots....

hope that helps.
s h

PEPE LaPUE

PEPE LaPUE

kool thanxs fellas they are the ones hanging up in garage its cheaper to run those 24/7 than my 1k digi ballast that i can turn down to 400 watts? and could i just use those t8 or t12? how close on the dome? thanxs in advance
;)

sky high

sky high

Yup...hang those up. Cheaper...cooler..and less wear and tear on yer HID gear, IMO.

The light is hung at 18-24". I cut the clones....then put the tray/dome a few feet away and to the side of the light......moving it closer as the days go by. Always 24/0 here.

good luck

s h

PEPE LaPUE

PEPE LaPUE

kool will do just got some pre 98 bubba cuttings too cant wait...:D

kooter840

kooter840

Ive always had great success under a little 60w cfl. like ski high said you dont need a whole lot of light they will do their thing under damn near any light.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

T8's work great, thats what I'm using now for my cuttings. I never used a T12 before, but if you don't wanna spend over $100 for a big T5 fixture the little T8's from Lowes work really good for young seedlings and clones.

You said there almost 2 weeks old and still no roots sticking out, well how big are the rockwool cubes?? Keep the cubes moist, I water mine with a 1/8 diluted veg solution once every 4 days or so. Did you use a rooting hormone?? If not it will take alot longer and keeping a heat mat under the clone tray will also speed up the rooting process.

I got my clones to root in under 2 weeks in 1" cubes under 3 18" T8's with a rooting hormone powder and plain water the 1st 4 days then I gave them the mild veg solution. After about 10-12 days some roots came out the bottom and that was without a heat mat. Anyways, good luck with those bubba's.

PEPE LaPUE

PEPE LaPUE

thanx lex. ya i went and got that mx cloning gel was looking for power clone gel . i heard it ready to go in three days but they didnt have it... and i re dipped those tar dawgs and put them in new 1" rock wool.. and cut 9 fresh super lemon haze.. i have them under 600watts flowetring with mother plants in a corner for twellve hrs then put them under the t12 for rest of hrs so total 24 hrs right now.. hopefully all goes well .. i started a log on them under super lemon haze and tar dawg log stop by check it out once in a while.. thanx for the input..

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

No prob pepe, I'll check out your thread, did you know you can link your thread to your signature?? Anyways, hopefully everything works out for ya and once they root what do you plan on transplanting them into, soil, coco, more rockwool??

PEPE LaPUE

PEPE LaPUE

u gotts show me how to do that.... and im gonna use coco but havnt figured out which one to use and im gonna do 2 in dwc .. dont know which i should try in dwc pre 98 bubba,tar dawg,or super lemon haze .. what u think ? i have time to try the dwc to .. i wanna see what results i get..

juniorgrower

juniorgrower

I was having a crappy survival rate when I first started cloning, then I got a heating mat and I started getting almost 100%.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Copy your address for the grow journal at the top of the screen 1st then click 'signature' under your profile. Then paste your web address where your suppose to wright your sig and save it. Thats how I do it, but if there is an easier way someone please let me know.

There is lots of coco out there and I never used any of it so maybe you should go into the 'coco' sub-forum and there is lots of great info on coco, also there is a thread where people talk about the best coco to use. So read up and good luck.

P.S. I wouldn't grow the haze in dwc because I "think" they can be finicky so the coco would be alot more forgiving.

Haggardass

Haggardass

kool thanxs fellas they are the ones hanging up in garage its cheaper to run those 24/7 than my 1k digi ballast that i can turn down to 400 watts? and could i just use those t8 or t12? how close on the dome? thanxs in advance
;)
i used to set my floros on top of the dome once they had roots but until that point they just sat off to the side under the shade of my mother plants.

Top Bottom