T5's?

• Thread starter lostnFound02
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dunge

Dunge

My local Home Depot has T5 fixtures for very cheap. No 8 bangers, but the one and two bulb units look nice. 2, 3, &4 footers.
The problem is that the bulbs they come with are the only option and I have no idea what the color spectrum is. It looks very white on display.

G

green guy

My local Home Depot has T5 fixtures for very cheap. No 8 bangers, but the one and two bulb units look nice. 2, 3, &4 footers.
The problem is that the bulbs they come with are the only option and I have no idea what the color spectrum is. It looks very white on display.

Chances are you have a garden shop near you. I use Sunblaster T-5 fixtures to veg with. They come with the bulb and are $24 for a 24" in canada. They also have an optional reflector for $13 which reflects a good deal of light. They pull 27 watts.

This will be more pricey than a home depot light but come with a bulb made for this and they can be hooked in a series so you can customize your light to the space.

SweetTooth

SweetTooth

Chances are you have a garden shop near you. I use Sunblaster T-5 fixtures to veg with. They come with the bulb and are $24 for a 24" in canada. They also have an optional reflector for $13 which reflects a good deal of light. They pull 27 watts.

This will be more pricey than a home depot light but come with a bulb made for this and they can be hooked in a series so you can customize your light to the space.

I have 8 of the 30" T5 sunblasters and I was very supprised at how hot these things run. I went with them because they were a perfect fit for a locker that I converted into a veg cab. 5 bulbs running is the max I can run with my set up which keeps at 78. If I turn on a 6th bulb Temps hit 85 at the canopy. Im not happy with the results that I am seeing from these T5's and I will be ditching them for a small MH in the near future.

ttystikk

ttystikk

As far as I can tell, one T-5 fixture is pretty much like another. I got mine for a lot less than retail by going to craigslist... there always seem to be people selling gear they don't need, don't want, or can't make work on there.

G

green guy

I have mine running in a cold room. 6 T-5's and an led looking after cloning, pre-veg and mother duties. Temps stay btw 77-79.

Latest posts

Top Bottom