Taco-ing On Sugar/fan Leaves Only.

• Thread starter Timtookalook
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

Hate to bring you the bad news but I too believe it is russet or broad mites. Been down that road before.... look only real advice I can give u is GET a SCOPE. 60x is what I recommend... anything less than that is gonna be real hard to see them. They are retarded small.... it's the same glossy look and taco leaf that is a dead give away.....if you do spot russet or broad mites. Cut it down, take it outside, pour gas on it, and burn em. Then sterilize all you grow equipment and start over....

I know you don't wanna hear that. But trust me it will save you alot of time, money, and a never ending headache trying to finish it..... they don't look that big yet, so cut your losses now and start over.

Trust me it's just not worth the amount of time and amount of money on chems you have to hit it with to wipe them out. Plus the only stuff that does work at killing them, you don't wanna smoke it. Those chems take 60+ days to leave the system. Only at that point I would make a clone and veg that out super long and setup a good ipm. Once it's finally healthy again. Then I would make another clone and veg that out.. it will take that long for those chems to leave the system.... those chems are nasty and can kill you.. you need a full suit and respirator to spray that stuff.... Only reason I fought them for so long was because I couldn't lose some genetics....it's a long and expensive uphill battle.

The only way to beat them organically is by dropping a shit ton of predator mites... trust me it is really expensive and a long battle.....

If you got a rare strain and need to save it at all cost be prepared for a long fight.
Other wise. Call it a loss cut it down n start over.
Once you take that route. Clean all equipment with bleach, raise the the temp of grow room to 120+f for 2-3 hours, then drop a fogger. Wait a few days and repeat. Then pray you have cleaned it well enough were they are gone.

You get them from dirty clones, being outside, or from being around other growers, and possible seeds that had eggs on them.... once u beat them. Just be careful who you let in your grow room, clones you buy from strangers, if working in your back yard. Always change clothes and shoes when entering your grow room. Anyways start with a 60x scope... and decide if you want to go to war with them. Trust me I wish I was wrong....... good luck bro.

S

Shawnery

I'm not going to read all of this but in the response to the question, what is water temp, he answered 73.

Isn't that a possible issue that could be causing issues?

I'm really not sure if that is specific to tacoing leaves but it's right on the edge of way to high depending on introduced oxygen, right?

Timtookalook

Timtookalook

I'm not going to read all of this but in the response to the question, what is water temp, he answered 73.

Isn't that a possible issue that could be causing issues?

I'm really not sure if that is specific to tacoing leaves but it's right on the edge of way to high depending on introduced oxygen, right?

I'm new to this forum AND growing! AND growing strictly hydropoincally....whats optimum temp supposed to be? I can probably google it but I may aswell ask. If im too high (in water temp that is..) next question would be..whats the best way to control it?

Timtookalook

Timtookalook

Hate to bring you the bad news but I too believe it is russet or broad mites. Been down that road before.... look only real advice I can give u is GET a SCOPE. 60x is what I recommend... anything less than that is gonna be real hard to see them. They are retarded small.... it's the same glossy look and taco leaf that is a dead give away.....if you do spot russet or broad mites. Cut it down, take it outside, pour gas on it, and burn em. Then sterilize all you grow equipment and start over....

I know you don't wanna hear that. But trust me it will save you alot of time, money, and a never ending headache trying to finish it..... they don't look that big yet, so cut your losses now and start over.

Trust me it's just not worth the amount of time and amount of money on chems you have to hit it with to wipe them out. Plus the only stuff that does work at killing them, you don't wanna smoke it. Those chems take 60+ days to leave the system. Only at that point I would make a clone and veg that out super long and setup a good ipm. Once it's finally healthy again. Then I would make another clone and veg that out.. it will take that long for those chems to leave the system.... those chems are nasty and can kill you.. you need a full suit and respirator to spray that stuff.... Only reason I fought them for so long was because I couldn't lose some genetics....it's a long and expensive uphill battle.

The only way to beat them organically is by dropping a shit ton of predator mites... trust me it is really expensive and a long battle.....

If you got a rare strain and need to save it at all cost be prepared for a long fight.
Other wise. Call it a loss cut it down n start over.
Once you take that route. Clean all equipment with bleach, raise the the temp of grow room to 120+f for 2-3 hours, then drop a fogger. Wait a few days and repeat. Then pray you have cleaned it well enough were they are gone.

You get them from dirty clones, being outside, or from being around other growers, and possible seeds that had eggs on them.... once u beat them. Just be careful who you let in your grow room, clones you buy from strangers, if working in your back yard. Always change clothes and shoes when entering your grow room. Anyways start with a 60x scope... and decide if you want to go to war with them. Trust me I wish I was wrong....... good luck bro.

Sooo like I said in another post. If there is any kind of serious pest or problem... i'd take everyones advice and say "fuck it" and start over. That being said, I borrowed a magnifier today from a fellow grower at work, and inspected my girls... I found NOTHING but a few questionable leaves but my buddy reminded me that early in veg, I had put nutes in my humidifier water (newbie) and some deposits may have burned the leafs when airborne... (the questionable leaves were old growth). But NO MITES or any sign of mites. So Im very relieved. Got a lesson in trimming today (4 weeks into veg, let them go naturally). Let me know what you guys think.... Healthy? 2 more weeks of veg then flipping to flower

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

What a 40x scope Lol it's mites your blind homie. I promise ya, you have missed them. I'm done with this thread, don't forget I told u so. @Shawnery has nothing to do with water temp bro, go Google Broad mite damage.

Last edited:
S

Shawnery

Beyond it being mites his temp is on the edge.

You should keep it preferably be around 68 degrees. Depending on the amount of oxygen you are adding you may be able to get away with a little higher but I would stay no higher than 72.

You may or may not have mites but these guys are pretty damn good but perhaps not patient. I've been at the end of their beating stick a few times and deserved it most of the time.

High water temps can cause plant stress and plant stress will make your plants more susceptible to disease and PESTS!

Try adding frozen water bottles when ever you have the time but not during lights out

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

@Shawnery I'm happy to hear you admit that, now your well on your way now youve swallowed your pride. I have had all the mites at least 3x each and Spider mites afew more times. I'm just trying to save you guys a big headache in the end. Never try to act like I know it all, because growing is a never ending learning process. Happy Growing

S

Shawnery

My response wasn't in response so much to what caused the leaf damage but what may have allows your girls to be so susceptible to them.

Not that being perfect in your growing technique will ensure pest or damage free growing but it may help.

Yes I agree it's russet mite damage.

P

PharmHand

Sooo like I said in another post. If there is any kind of serious pest or problem... i'd take everyones advice and say "fuck it" and start over. That being said, I borrowed a magnifier today from a fellow grower at work, and inspected my girls... I found NOTHING but a few questionable leaves but my buddy reminded me that early in veg, I had put nutes in my humidifier water (newbie) and some deposits may have burned the leafs when airborne... (the questionable leaves were old growth). But NO MITES or any sign of mites. So Im very relieved. Got a lesson in trimming today (4 weeks into veg, let them go naturally). Let me know what you guys think.... Healthy? 2 more weeks of veg then flipping to flower
Update? They lookin better? Mites?

Timtookalook

Timtookalook

Dude? Update?

Hey Bro!.... Really appreciate you asking how things are going...really makes me feel apart of this community. I thank you for that. Soooo as for my girls... I got plenty of messages in regards to my issue of curling sugar leaves. Most people advised me that it was mites and I should cut my losses and start over. BUT, I wasnt completely convinced as my room is clean clean clean and took lots of precaution, new room, started from seedling, well vented etc etc... this is my first grow so I reaearched everything I could, praying it wasn't mites. Well, I discovered my humidity was wayyyyy down (12% , lights on 24/7 veg stage) so I brought in a humidifier. Secondly, my nutes were at 750-950ppm and I reduced them to 550-650ppm... I also stopped using tap water and started buying water that was reverse osmosis. Well, what a difference! Plants are perfect and beautiful!.... I am currently sitting at the 2nd day of switching to flowering... the girls are looking beautiful... ( see pic, just got off work, the pic is of this moment) tell me what you think.... Again, thanks for asking. Appreciated.

Timtookalook

Timtookalook

What a 40x scope Lol it's mites your blind homie. I promise ya, you have missed them. I'm done with this thread, don't forget I told u so. @Shawnery has nothing to do with water temp bro, go Google Broad mite damage.[/QU

Have a look bro.... maybe not so pro? Maybe your wrong once in a while yo? Its ok Tho, Bro.. I appretciate the advice though
619 1524034510931
Update? They lookin better? Mites?
No mites bud... thanks for asking tho...and all the love n support haha.... this is up to the minute photo of the same plant with the once curled leaves

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Glad i was wrong with my diagnosis, tho in my defence i was against cutting it down :D keep us updated hope you have a nice harvest, by the way there is still some tacoing and a glossy look are those from before the humidity correction?

S

Shawnery

Can I just say looking at your picture I would really consider putting something that's a catch-all on the bottom of your system. Imagine if you were around you had a leak on that nice wood floor that would be horrible

Timtookalook

Timtookalook

Hey Bro!.... Really appreciate you asking how things are going...really makes me feel apart of this community. I thank you for that. Soooo as for my girls... I got plenty of messages in regards to my issue of curling sugar leaves. Most people advised me that it was mites and I should cut my losses and start over. BUT, I wasnt completely convinced as my room is clean clean clean and took lots of precaution, new room, started from seedling, well vented etc etc... this is my first grow so I reaearched everything I could, praying it wasn't mites. Well, I discovered my humidity was wayyyyy down (12% , lights on 24/7 veg stage) so I brought in a humidifier. Secondly, my nutes were at 750-950ppm and I reduced them to 550-650ppm... I also stopped using tap water and started buying water that was reverse osmosis. Well, what a difference! Plants are perfect and beautiful!.... I am currently sitting at the 2nd day of switching to flowering... the girls are looking beautiful... ( see pic, just got off work, the pic is of this moment) tell me what you think.... Again, thanks for asking. Appreciated.

Dude? Update?

Glad i was wrong with my diagnosis, tho in my defence i was against cutting it down :D keep us updated hope you have a nice harvest, by the way there is still some tacoing and a glossy look are those from before the humidity correction?

There is still a weee bit of leaf curl on a few leaves 4sure... My humidifier can only put out so much, and summer is starting to arrive, and cold at night.... I'm making adjustments daily to keep temperature in check (timer intervals, 15on 30off etc.. with my exhaust fan and heater/ humidifier) so there has been a few days were Ive come home from my 12hr shift and found 15degree swings in temp (celcius) and humidity as low as 25%. So, its still not perfect, as you can see.... but no infestation, thank God... hahaha ... Thanks for the support! I will keep you posted.

20180410 010900
Timtookalook

Timtookalook

Can I just say looking at your picture I would really consider putting something that's a catch-all on the bottom of your system. Imagine if you were around you had a leak on that nice wood floor that would be horrible

Thanks for the advice, I'm not sure how they could possibly leak other then the grommet from the "viewing" tube". But they are tight!... supposed to be able to turn them 180 for flushing, but I dont use the tube for flushing. And the floor may look nice, but it was some free laminant I got from a neighbor. My wife wouldn't be too happy if it flooded though 5 gallons or more of water pouring into the kitchen from my room hahaha ( this room was originally a "boot room / mud room " whatever the hell you want to call it off the back of our house.
20180218 214042

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
You have to get that room to a steady temp. 15 degrees is just too much and could cause serious problems tho one time probably isn’t going to hurt when in flowering it may. Your humidity is just perfect for flowering i envy that, i live near a sea so never gets lower than 60.

P

PharmHand

No mites bud... thanks for asking tho...and all the love n support haha.... this is up to the minute photo of the same plant with the once curled leaves
Nice man. Just wanted to know if I was right haha for my own sake too lol. Whenever I see curling now I’m like “fuck I got bm’s”. But from what I’ve read if you have them, it won’t get better and they will eat your newest growth buds n all. Not like a spider mite that will just cause spotting and webbing and ruin your bud- bm’s will literally eat it. Im very grateful to have avoided them. Happy gardening, peace:D

2toughtony

2toughtony

Haha haha every "expert " in here saying its russet is 100% wrong love how misinformation gets spread did I see some one say my friend told me to use this spray man? Straight bro science at its finest

Top Bottom