Tacoing and deformed new leaf growth in plants

• Thread starter TerpiestToker420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TerpiestToker420

TerpiestToker420

Plants look ok. Don’t worry about your runoff ph too much. I would spray with cal mag.
high ppm runoff, Given how your plants look, just shows how dirty your Coco was. Just get 20% runoff with every water.

Mr. G
Copy that yeah I gotta rig up a drain system with some saucers thats the next project, pain in the ass dealing with all that runoff

TerpiestToker420

TerpiestToker420

Ahhh thanks my bad.
@Aqua Man @PK1 got the ladies back in the 800 range I think i just need to work on my runoff thank you guys for the help one other thing while im talking to the pros is 68 day temps too low I have to run my 200w hps In order to keep em in the high 70s and would rather just run ny leds they should be fine with day temps in the high 60s right?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@Aqua Man @PK1 got the ladies back in the 800 range I think i just need to work on my runoff thank you guys for the help one other thing while im talking to the pros is 68 day temps too low I have to run my 200w hps In order to keep em in the high 70s and would rather just run ny leds they should be fine with day temps in the high 60s right?
Nope to low IMO. I think you will benefit more from the tenp than a change in light source.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Coco loco should not be watered like pure coco
This is correct. Disregard my posts. I should have looked at the media before assuming by the name that it was pure coco. It is organically amended and likely won't need nutrients for some time

Because its organic you will not want to water to runoff and should be treated more like soil with likely a touch more frequent watering because of better drainage.

Important for me to to take responsibility for my posts and own when I'm wrong so OP...

Sorry for the confusion and bad advice.

growsince79

growsince79

First run in coco loco moved from soil so I was letting them dry out between waterings and assuming since your not supposed to do this i have a serious salt buildup and flushed them out with low ppm nutes in the 300 range been feeding them 600 and they are 40 days old about fyi... Anyways runoff is coming out around 3500 😭 I flush and I flush but its still creepin.. Been watering every day now and not letting them get close to dry and now i have newer growth getting all twisted and kinda burnt, kinda at a dead end with this I hear your supposed to use ro water to flush but I just use city water and aerate it over night it's around 30ppm so figured that would be fine, what's the deal here should i try flushing again with plain water or plain water with Cal mag ? View attachment 1075988
Nute lockout due to overwatering.

TerpiestToker420

TerpiestToker420

Nope to low IMO. I think you will benefit more from the tenp than a change in light source.
[/QUO
This is correct. Disregard my posts. I should have looked at the media before assuming by the name that it was pure coco. It is organically amended and likely won't need nutrients for some time

Because its organic you will not want to water to runoff and should be treated more like soil with likely a touch more frequent watering because of better drainage.

Important for me to to take responsibility for my posts and own when I'm wrong so OP...

No problem not saying your advice was b
[

No worries man i didn't realize it was amended so maybe the reason for my high ppm runoff waw a mix of that and hitting them pretty hard in the beginning with like 600 ppm feedings plus I didnt have any elevators at the time so the pots were sitting in some runoff that I couldnt manage to suck out got elevators for them all now but im guessing they were just sucking up all them runoff salts

TerpiestToker420

TerpiestToker420

Coco loco should not be watered like pure coco
This is acctually very relieving i was getting stressed reading up on the whole fertigating methods and having to water like 3 times a day I don't know how people afford them nutes lol prob get a nice product I bet with like an autofeed top watering system

TerpiestToker420

TerpiestToker420

PK1

PK1

Supporter
i would personally drill some holes around the plastic buckets. This will allow better air flow throw the potting mix. also, if you can raise the pots so that air from bottom holes can penetrate or the excessive water to leak out.

TerpiestToker420

TerpiestToker420

i would personally drill some holes around the plastic buckets. This will allow better air flow throw the potting mix. also, if you can raise the pots so that air from bottom holes can penetrate or the excessive water to leak out.
Yeah those buckets under the pot is just small paint buckets cut in segments so theyres like strong plastic rings aka poor mans elevators haha

Latest posts

Top Bottom