Tahoe OG 250 watt HPS

• Thread starter OGlover1224
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OGlover1224

OGlover1224

I already told you that you wouldn't be able to lower your ph at this point...i've had the SAME exact problem and you cant fix the ph by flushing, you are just going to stress your plants loosing potency and yield...finish this round without over under feeding (look at the runoff ppm NOT ph) and water when needed...
If you really want to know the reason i would start reading something about base-acid equilibrium outside the cannabis forums...for example many are still convinced that for lowering the ph is enough to water with 5, 6 ph...and this is ridicolous thinking about the complexity of the reactions that happen in soil...even watering too much or too little can drastically affect the ph...
If you want a simple and effective solution to avoid this problems in your next grow:
a) use only pure ro water
b) don't overfeed
c) change to another soil
or keep it simple and USE COCO...This is a very reactive medium and you will be able to change the ph with just one or two phd waterings...

I was actually considering coco before but I don't want to add yet a new element to my newb growing quite yet. But thanks for the tips and I will def keep them in mind for next run. I appreciate all the help I'm getting here and is exactly what I'm looking for to better my growing skills.

I actually see a few issues going on. First and foremost, digital meters do not work with organic nutrients. Digital meters are reading levels of metals in the solution. Organic nutrients, while they do contain metals, they also contain a significant amount of carbon and other particles with a neutral charge, and therefore will not be read accurately by the meters. Now this brings up the good question of how do you check pH in soil? Well that's a good question, and my answer really has been that I don't bother checking when in soil and using organic nutes. Now this is not to say I have not had issues, but I don't fret about them as my results have still always come out where I would like.

On the topic of nutrients, 12 mL per gallon just seems like WAY too much food in a single dose. I see that Bio Bizz actually recommend about 15 mL per gallon at the heavy feeding stages, but I personally would not go that high, unless my plants are totally blowing up. So I don't know if that is any part of your issues, but I always like the idiom "less is more". And if you are trying to flush out excess salts you are actually trying to bring the pH up. Remember 7 is a neutral pH and Cannabis needs a slightly acidic environment. So if you are removing the nutrients that are keeping the pH below 7 the pH will rise, regardless of what the pH of the water you are flushing with is. If the pH drops below the ideal zone, then a flush is what is needed, but if the pH is too high it is likely a lack of nutrient retention within the soil.

Since we are talking about soil, Light Warrior is designed for seedlings and fresh cuttings, it was not really designed for mature plants. It was not meant to hold nutrients the same way regular potting soils would. I would highly recommend a change of soil, in the future, for your mature plants. If you are set on Fox Farm soils, and they are very good soils, I would recommend Ocean Forest. It does already have perlite in it, but more is not going to hurt. In fact I tend to add perlite to any bagged soil I buy. More aeration is not going to hurt my plants, so I am not shy with the perlite. I usually like to have almost a 1/3 of my soils to be perlite, the results for me have been great root growth from my plants. Ocean forest also has a good amount of food for plants, so in the veg and early bloom phase you can use less bottled nutes.

You bring up some interesting points. I didn't know that about the meter but will probably still get one that is under $60. On the bio bizz bottle it recommends 2-5ml per litre so 12 is right at 3ml per L kind of in the middle but since then I've decided to lower that number down to around 8ml per gallon. I also did not know that about light warrior. I knew that it was for seedlings but though the only difference was the mychorizzae and less nutes than ocean forest. But next time I will be using a mix of LW and OF + perlite.

It's a shame that I'm having these problems but at the same time I've learned a lot from this grow and all your guys responses.

Now ill throw out a long shot here and see what you guys think about it. Last run I had used botonicare bloom one time and it shot my ph down quite a bit so I flushed and went out and got the bio bizz I have now. Do you guys think its worth a shot to feed with the botonicare and see if it will lower my soil ph or should I just continue to use bio bizz until flush?

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Yeah I only learned that about the digital meters about a year ago. If you really want to spend money on a meter spend like $10 on a soil meter, the kind you stick in the soil and it tests. I think that will give you a more accurate reading.

I don't think feeding with the Botanicare will do any harm.

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

Tahoe 2 day 42

Group

T

tipper619sd

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

Oh ok I flipped at 3 week from seed then saw my first pistol 2 weeks later and have been counting since then. Just trying to get an idea on harvest time.

MrBlazeAlot

MrBlazeAlot

Oh ok I flipped at 3 week from seed then saw my first pistol 2 weeks later and have been counting since then. Just trying to get an idea on harvest time.
so you should count from the moment you flipped. Its normal not to have pistols during the first two weeks after the flip.. you're basically almost ready. At this stage u shouldn't be feeding any basic nutrients (grow/bloom). From what i see to be honest i would be starting the flush now. 43days + 14 days (twoweeks) = 57 days . Flush good the plant until you are brave enough to part with it, and then chop that lady down :D . you should flush for no more than two weeks (judjing by the pics I'd go with 1 week in ur case cuz ur girls look ready)

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

Number 1 issue IMO- no runoff ph bs,

You kept your medium too wet so the roots never established well enough. Ffof is aerated nice if you have a nice root system, but if you don't or fuck it up that shit will stay wet for weeks

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

so you should count from the moment you flipped. Its normal not to have pistols during the first two weeks after the flip.. you're basically almost ready. At this stage u shouldn't be feeding any basic nutrients (grow/bloom). From what i see to be honest i would be starting the flush now. 43days + 14 days (twoweeks) = 57 days . Flush good the plant until you are brave enough to part with it, and then chop that lady down :D . you should flush for no more than two weeks (judjing by the pics I'd go with 1 week in ur case cuz ur girls look ready)

Ok cool I was gonna say I thought these girls looked a little older than 45 days. Tahoe 1 seems t be a little further along if going by ratio of red hairs to white. Very few cloudy trics from what I could gather using my scope(not the best at using it).

Number 1 issue IMO- no runoff ph bs,

You kept your medium too wet so the roots never established well enough. Ffof is aerated nice if you have a nice root system, but if you don't or fuck it up that shit will stay wet for weeks

Yeah I got caught up in a ph battle and didn't really know what to do. I am in fox farm light warrior which from my understanding has a bit of a different make up aside from the obvious nutrient strengths. But either way I will be using a ffof and lw mix with extra perlite, using distiller water, and will be more careful with ph.

catdaddy

catdaddy

if you use distill water, make sure you have cal/mag on deck. best case scenario, bubble tap water for 24 hrs and cut it in half with the distill water, that way you shouldn't need the cal/mag.

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

if you use distill water, make sure you have cal/mag on deck. best case scenario, bubble tap water for 24 hrs and cut it in half with the distill water, that way you shouldn't need the cal/mag.

I already have a bottle of botonicare calmag plus, any idea of how much to feed if using distilled? I've seen people say anywhere from 2ml - 10ml per gallon.

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

Just 4 of these small nugs reek of lemon candy which fades into a skunky/fuel at the very end of the whiff. My yield suffered on #2 but the quality is still top notch

J

justblazen

Active Farmer
nice job OGlover, told ya to pop em. I'm glad you found some dank in them beans there:cool:

Top Bottom