Tahoe OG 250 watt HPS

• Thread starter OGlover1224
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OGlover1224

OGlover1224

Here is Tahoe 1 day 64

She smells like lemon pinesol growing. Dried a lower nug and a pretty serious lemon funk is added to the lemon pinesol smell.

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

Anyone know where I could get a magnifying glass or scope. Preferably under 60x this one I got at RadioShack is too hard for me to use. I tried a google search but everyone is saying online or RadioShack. There has to be a store besides RadioShack that has them.

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

It's really I shame I ran into problems because Tahoe 2 is some grade A dank. Wish I could have packed more weight on her. Cut off a couple pieces of trim from girl and put it under my scope and looks like #1 is about 50/50 cloudy/clear and #2 is probably 60/40 cloudy clear

Here they are at day 68 right after lights off.
First three are #2 last one is #1

M

mrueeda

Congrats...you closed this grow in the best way even with those problems...theese tahoes look really good i courrently have 3 of them (s1) two larry (s1) two wifi, two skywalker and two la affie from dna...will be an epic battle for kush supremacy ! Waitin for a smoke report :cigar:...

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

Congrats...you closed this grow in the best way even with those problems...theese tahoes look really good i courrently have 3 of them (s1) two larry (s1) two wifi, two skywalker and two la affie from dna...will be an epic battle for kush supremacy ! Waitin for a smoke report :cigar:...

Thank you sir. You have a thread going? I'd love to check out your tahoes wifi and sky walker. How far along are you with the wifis? I'm thinking of buying a pack and have seen from pictures that it is some dank but I hear some mixed reviews about the smell. I hear the smell is watered down or not very strong. I will post a smoke report as long as I flush and cure correctly to insure its somewhat accurate.

I'm planning on taking these girls til Sunday morning, day 74ish. Only had one ballsack pop up the whole time and it was on Tahoe 2 and these girls had far from the perfect life so I contribute that to my mistakes but on the small scale I'm growing on its not a big deal for me to watch for balls on 2-4 plants

M

mrueeda

Thank you sir. You have a thread going? I'd love to check out your tahoes wifi and sky walker. How far along are you with the wifis? I'm thinking of buying a pack and have seen from pictures that it is some dank but I hear some mixed reviews about the smell. I hear the smell is watered down or not very strong. I will post a smoke report as long as I flush and cure correctly to insure its somewhat accurate.

I'm planning on taking these girls til Sunday morning, day 74ish. Only had one ballsack pop up the whole time and it was on Tahoe 2 and these girls had far from the perfect life so I contribute that to my mistakes but on the small scale I'm growing on its not a big deal for me to watch for balls on 2-4 plants

Sorry no thread man...too busy atm to keep it updated..however i'm still two weeks in veg...actually i was looking at your cali connect grow before popping these beans...i wanted to be sure to run all the hermie prone famed strains that i have in one shot in order to minimize the pollination risk in my next grows...donno about the wifis i have seen a couple of grows and everybody seemed to be satisfied with the final product...i'm a little more worried with the male/hermie rumors however ill post something at the end of the grow for sure...I'm really curious on the DNA la affies too...i still havnt seen anything on that on the net so i thought it would be nice to give em a try...

That purple Tahoe looks sick just a curiosity..did you started the days count after the 12/12 switch or after the first pistils ? Its a little strange that you cant see amber trichomes at this age...Will be definetly some psychedelic high !

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

My main objectives in growing are smell, frost coverage, and then taste as I feel if you have those the good high is sure to follow. That's why I'm a little concerned with the wifis but will still give them a run just because I've seen some good reviews. As far as the hermies I wouldn't be worried as long as you don't stress them too much, granted I only popped 2 but they were overwatered early on followed by a lockout of some sort and only got 1 sack on Tahoe 2. None on Tahoe 1 which was less stressed than Tahoe 2. As long as you give them a decent -good life I think they will be fine.

If going by when I started 12/12 today is day 73 and will chop at day "77". But I did start flower 21 days from seed and its controversial but I've read they can't flower until a certain maturity no matter the light cycle plus I did stress them so taking those factors into account I'm guessing that's why. If going by first pistil today is 9 weeks exactly.

Good luck with Tahoes man sfv leaning is nice but look for the stretchy Tahoe leaning. Hopefull you'll find a pheno even closer to the Tahoe than I did.

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

Here are some shitty shots into my scope.
These are from trim leaves I cut off to look at.

First pic is Tahoe 1 next 2 are Tahoe 2

Not sure if these are good enough to to be able to tell but let me know what you guys think in terms of how ready she is

M

mrueeda

Mmm...honestly it's a little hard to say from those pics but seems that you were spot on with the cloudy/clear ratio and i can't see amber yet...
Imo i would at least wait untill some amber is visible before chopping, let's say around 80 days more or less (with your count)...
I generally start the count after i see the first pistils, mainly because i have seen that some plants can take a period of time that varies from one up to three weeks to sex under certain conditions and this can end up influencing too much the days count...
For ogs i give from 70 to 80 days flower starting from the first pistil...and the final high is well balanced...

However its up to you...do you want a head or body high ? In the first case chop when you have like 20% amber, in the second chop at 50% amber...but i warn you that theese strains taken at full 80 days from sexing will totally wreck your ass...i prefer an early 70 harvest..
but thats just what i do..

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

That's pretty much what I thought mrueeda. I will wait until I see no clear or see some amber and will give her 3 days darkness then chop. I'm a little skeptical of chopping early because I did that last time and think it affected smell and taste a bit along with a bit shorter high. Hopefully these are ready by Monday because I need to go away next weekend and want to be able to monitor humidity and such during drying. So it's either chop at day 78-79 or day 84.

Thanks for the input mrueeda. Definitely try to throw some updates of your girls up when they get going if you have the time. I'm not doing another run until August, probably of some sour OG from Cali connect as I've heard some pretty good reviews on that along with a sour D bag seed I got from a bag of LEGiT BANGING sour while I was in NYC for a few days visiting a friend. It was definitely some stank a quarter ounce could be smelled through a glass jar. Can't wait to see what I get outta that bean. Take care and good luck!

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

Chopped monday at day 79 from 12/12 but started at 21 from seed and had some problems so I'm sure its more like 70ish harvested with mostly cloudy some clear on both except for the popcorn buds on Tahoe 1 which were like 65 35 cloudy clear.

All pics were taken day of chop except for the last 2 pics which were taken today.

catdaddy

catdaddy

very nice finish. you, good brother, are on your way to becoming a very solid grower.

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

very nice finish. you, good brother, are on your way to becoming a very solid grower.

I sure hope so lol I must say I really enjoy growing and learning and is becoming somewhat of a passion of mine. Wish I could study this at the university and make a career out of it. Sure would be a career I would enjoy day after day. I appreciate all the help along the way, wish I could share some with you guys!

Anyhow I am surprised at how little these nugs shrunk compared to last harvest. Maybe they have a bit of shrinking to do yet but I am following a cure method over on Icmag posted by a member named Simon, not sure if any of you are familiar with it. I hung for about 4 and a half days and now have all nugs in a half gallon mason jar with the lid open. Now I am in town for Mother's Day and staying with my parents(as I'm still in college) and have the jar stored in my basement. I took the jar out of a drawer in the basement to check on them and about 2 minutes later my wonderful mother is galavanting around the house swearing that someone left a skunk in the house lolol had me dying... Bottom line is this stuff is some dank and I only popped 2 fem seeds, I'd love to see what would come out of a pack or 2.

Good vibes and happy growing folks!

Latest posts

Top Bottom