Taking clones from a late flowering plant to reveg and using colloidal silver on one of the clones...

• Thread starter munchie725
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

munchie725

Would it work and, if it would, what would happen if I used the pollen to pollinate a clone from the same mother? My main reason for wanting to do this is I have a bunch of seeds (like literally a whole pill bottle packed full of them) of Runtz x Lemon Drop that the plants will have some variations that makes the final product range from good to fucking amazing (mainly from them favoring the the Lemon Drop's lower THC % than the Runtz but also taste and smell) so I was wondering if my idea would work to help stabilize the specific make up of whatever plant ends up being my favorite out of my next crop or if it would create plants that were prone to herming and/or other issues.

A

alpha.ganjaguy

This is how you make an S1 or selfed seed. It can be a great way to keep something similar to your strain in seed form.

Usually though it will be easier to take cuts before you flower a plant. Some plants do not like to reveg

N

Natep

Is that strain so special and hard to get that you feel it’s necessary? Or can you jump online and buy it again at any time?

M

munchie725

Is that strain so special and hard to get that you feel it’s necessary? Or can you jump online and buy it again at any time?

I'm looking to save/stabilize a specific variant of a crossbreed.

I know a commercial grower that had one of his Lemon Drop pollinate some of his Runtz plants so he gifted me a plant that I saved the seeds from and tried growing with them. Each plant was slightly different and I wanted to grow with them again but next time pick my favorite plant out of the crop, make two clones, turn one male, and then have that male pollinate the female to hopefully stabilize the specific variation. The reason I was asking about cloning in late veg was so I would have a chance to sample buds each plant first because from this first grow I have a plant that was exactly what I was hoping for out of the seeds (flavor leaned more towards the Lemon Drop and potency was closer to the Runtz than the Lemon Drop while being more sativa than Runtz typically does) so I'd really like to grow another plant similar to it and stabilize that variation for future grows.

N

Natep

I know a commercial grower that had one of his Lemon Drop pollinate some of his Runtz plants so he gifted me a plant that I saved the seeds from and tried growing with them. Each plant was slightly different and I wanted to grow with them again but next time pick my favorite plant out of the crop, make two clones, turn one male, and then have that male pollinate the female to hopefully stabilize the specific variation. The reason I was asking about cloning in late veg was so I would have a chance to sample buds each plant first because from this first grow I have a plant that was exactly what I was hoping for out of the seeds (flavor leaned more towards the Lemon Drop and potency was closer to the Runtz than the Lemon Drop while being more sativa than Runtz typically does) so I'd really like to grow another plant similar to it and stabilize that variation for future grows.
Sounds like a good enough reason. Might be easier to make feminized seeds at this point.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter

Hope you have a few spare years

Top Bottom