• Thread starter Prop215Life
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Prop215Life

Prop215Life

Any tips for this method I've never really pulled a clone crime outdoor

ohgee kush

ohgee kush

Yea its ok to take cuts from a outdoor plant as long as they are in veg, its no different from taking cuts from indoor vegged plants

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You don't have to do it while in veg only, I do it with plants well into flower every year. :)
Is it ok to take clones from a plant that is in full veg outdoor
Yes! But, I have a question for you--do you have the space to keep 'em going? I wait until they're well into flower so I can cull out the undesirables. Otherwise my space will end up CRAMMED full of plants, too many.
Any tips for this method I've never really pulled a clone crime outdoor
Take the lowers.

m8ty

m8ty

Make sure there are no bugs or eggs on the cuts, i got a bad case of the white fly from outdoor cuts...

Prop215Life

Prop215Life

@Seamaiden I have plenty of room I have a 11x13 room built into garage and 1 4X4 and 1 4X8 tent also in my garage I'm in the process of hooking up a cooling system to keep the rooms between 70-78 degrees hopefully everything will work out as planned. I have the only 2 plants that survived my neem oil incident my yeti f3 and my yeti bx2. My father also gifted me both pheno's of a unknown lineage plant that has been held right in a very small circle of growers in the triangle that dates back to 93,94. So I'm at 4 plants and I want to keep them alive and well. Should I clone the same way as far as humidity dome or would it be better to use the aeroponic cloner?

Prop215Life

Prop215Life

The two strains that are of unknown lineage are straight fire and I was very surprised to even recieve the clones. The first pheno has the scent during flowering of burnt rubber and the bicycle tire patch glue very chemmy when cured the skunk smell is unmistakeable with a taste that is very unique not bad at all actually you want more and more of the taste but you don't know what the taste is. The second pheno smells just like a berry scented house cleaner the fruity smell is so rich you almost think it was sprayed with air freshner the taste is so clean u can't stop. The resin almost makes you wonder if it is maybe a hybrid of the white, however the stature of the plant is pure sativa with bud density of a og I mean rock solid nuggets the fruity smelling pheno isn't as dense but not even close to being airy over all the high is very narcotic like knock out stone but you never fall asleep and your still able to function very wired but honestly best of both worlds. Sativa racey high with indica narcotic effect the leaf pattern of a sativa and the shorter wide fat cola stature of a indica. Fingers crossed and thanks to all the farmers on the farm that help me along the way.
Big thanks to:
Caregiver ken
Sea maiden
Cbgb and anyone else I forgot I
Am sorry but thank you for sharing all your guys knowledge I hope you guys see it being put to good use from me

Prop215Life

Prop215Life

Well my yeti f3 rebounded is now in a 5 gallon pot and the 5 gallon pot has the bottom cut out and it is on top of a 15 gallon pot I read if you do this it forces the root system to dive down and then out. Anyways the yeti is doing awsome it's funny no bugs outside indoors I had a minor problem and obviously I made it a huge problem lol so I'm really glad I nursed her back to health here's her picture

Prop215Life

Prop215Life

Slowly training her down and out just bending down the branches ever few days. The other two I have that were gifted are the two of I know lineage here's the chemmy tire glue and burnt rubber pheno sorry for the sideways pic I tried fixing that but can't figure the iPhone photo shoot

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Well my yeti f3 rebounded is now in a 5 gallon pot and the 5 gallon pot has the bottom cut out and it is on top of a 15 gallon pot I read if you do this it forces the root system to dive down and then out. Anyways the yeti is doing awsome it's funny no bugs outside indoors I had a minor problem and obviously I made it a huge problem lol so I'm really glad I nursed her back to health here's her pictureView attachment 413777
Looking good Man. :) Friendly advice here (take it or leave it)
"I" think, that plant would be happier if you took her out of the 5 in put her in the 15
Roots dont grow down as much as they grow horizontal (i wish it wasnt so)

Give all your plants as much root room as "you" can.
Cloth pots and beds are best.;)

Prop215Life

Prop215Life

Looking good Man. :) Friendly advice here (take it or leave it)
"I" think, that plant would be happier if you took her out of the 5 in put her in the 15
Roots dont grow down as much as they grow horizontal (i wish it wasnt so)

Give all your plants as much root room as "you" can.
Cloth pots and beds are best.;)

I'm just now receiving my dissabilaty check from my surgery I have 1 bed built and I'm making 2 more and a few 40 gallon cloth pots. I always take advice I want the opinions it's how I learn man and ur opinions matter ken u grow straight fire outdoors if I was working I'd be indoor but I'm stoked for this outdoor grow and with your advice and the farm I should do at least decent

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
@Seamaiden I have plenty of room I have a 11x13 room built into garage and 1 4X4 and 1 4X8 tent also in my garage I'm in the process of hooking up a cooling system to keep the rooms between 70-78 degrees hopefully everything will work out as planned. I have the only 2 plants that survived my neem oil incident my yeti f3 and my yeti bx2. My father also gifted me both pheno's of a unknown lineage plant that has been held right in a very small circle of growers in the triangle that dates back to 93,94. So I'm at 4 plants and I want to keep them alive and well. Should I clone the same way as far as humidity dome or would it be better to use the aeroponic cloner?
I never use a dome, I feel it causes or allows weaker growth. I like aerocloning on a timer, which makes stronger roots, then I get them long enough to hit the bottom of a 1gal pot and BANG! They explode. Outside of that my favorite way to clone is using the good ol' beer cup & perlite.

Your space is good to start, but know that as you get into this, especially if you're doing a lot of OD growing, may ultimately find it to be limited if you're trying to put out the biggest plants possible. If you keep the number of strains limited, then you should be just fine with that space. Thing is, IME, THAT's the problem (keeping the number of strains limited!)!! :eek:
Well my yeti f3 rebounded is now in a 5 gallon pot and the 5 gallon pot has the bottom cut out and it is on top of a 15 gallon pot I read if you do this it forces the root system to dive down and then out. Anyways the yeti is doing awsome it's funny no bugs outside indoors I had a minor problem and obviously I made it a huge problem lol so I'm really glad I nursed her back to health here's her pictureView attachment 413777
It looks great! And even if you didn't cut out the bottom of the put, but instead left it on something where the roots can just grow through and into the soil (or perlite) they will. You do need to get those black nursery pots covered, though. In your case, I would cut up the empty soil bags, turn 'em inside out and tape or tie onto the pots. Those last the longest, IME.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
It looks great! And even if you didn't cut out the bottom of the put, but instead left it on something where the roots can just grow through and into the soil (or perlite) they will.
Ive seen that happen..Sea; Does that keep the plant from getting root bound then?
Are you saying, that enough roots will find their way out the holes in the bottom to keep the plant happy? (Blaze aways said the roots go horazontal more than they go down)
If so, You think my small boxes, with the open bottoms, will be ok for huge trees?
I mean, will enough roots go downward into the ground to keep the plant happy and not feeling root bound?
example below..thanks in advance :)

Starfightersour66
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Blaze and I are in some disagreement about what depth cannabis roots need or use, but I do generally defer to him because he's so much more diligent about his garden than I am. But if you ever saw what I've seen, such as my plants in their 2gal pots (extras that I just couldn't get planted last year) and how the roots grew into the perlite that was in the old hempy tubs, you'd know what I know--if there's a place for them to go it doesn't matter WHAT direction, they WILL. One of the pots easily had as much root material grown through ONE hole down into the perlite as existed in the main pot.

Now, all that said, the roots still circle once they hit the edge of the pot and you'll still observe faster flowering and finishing times from plants in smaller hard-sided containers.

If that box is open to the ground, the plant will grow down into it and should not become bound at all.

Top Bottom