Talk me out of moving to MI

• Thread starter norm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

norm

kid rock is from there

if thats not enough to discourage you...
hahaha, yeah thats a big negative for MI
And the ICP buffoons!
those damn clowns!!
Roads are Real messed up, theres lots of safe nice areas here still, and theres no jobs anywhere really not just michigan, if your jobs is caregiven, well then you already have a job. imo
Winters suck so bad, but is the best time to grow, so pick your poison, know what im sayn?
your right, its pick your poison no matter where you go, roads are shit here too. I like to paly in deep snow so thats not too bad.

seems like the grand rapids area has the most family type activities, and alot of nicer neighborhoods. am i way off here?

B

Bruno

Michigan is fast becoming a police state also . AG Schuette has publicly stated that "all pot heads should be shot in the head" and is helping Rick James push a bill through the legislature amending the states MMJ law . He wants to turn over the names of all the people who have MMJ cards to the State Police and the DEA . He wants to put a target on sick peoples backs .
There are no jobs here and taxes are sky high . If I could afford to move I would ... that's if I could sell the house .
Colorado is a better choice in my opinion

N

norm

Michigan is fast becoming a police state also . AG Schuette has publicly stated that "all pot heads should be shot in the head" and is helping Rick James push a bill through the legislature amending the states MMJ law . He wants to turn over the names of all the people who have MMJ cards to the State Police and the DEA . He wants to put a target on sick peoples backs .
There are no jobs here and taxes are sky high . If I could afford to move I would ... that's if I could sell the house .
Colorado is a better choice in my opinion
damn, thats a compelling stance lol. compared to where im at even if they amended the law Id still be wayy better off
It's ok make the move. MI is a wonderful place.
I like the north! I like riding my quad. im makin the move.

thanks everyone for the pms and support. you mofos are good people out there. im making the move

I

Island Sweet Sk

Not everyone is nice up here, be careful who you associate with. GL on your move.

Whippleschnitz

Whippleschnitz

If you want to move here to grow and sell then there are other states with better legal conditions and a more permissive attitude than can be found in Michigan. If you want to move here because you think it's a nice place then come on down because it is a nice place. Tax system is screwed but nice environment and nice people. And yes we still have the highest unemployment in the country.

N

norm

Not everyone is nice up here, be careful who you associate with. GL on your move.
you mean all 9 million people in the state aren't nice and trustworthy???. I don't believe you! J/k.
If you want to move here to grow and sell then there are other states with better legal conditions and a more permissive attitude than can be found in Michigan. If you want to move here because you think it's a nice place then come on down because it is a nice place. Tax system is screwed but nice environment and nice people. And yes we still have the highest unemployment in the country.
Ok in your opinion whats a better state to grow and sell in?The tax system is screwed everywhere. I like Michigan, and it really sucks to see how hard it was hit by the recession, but its still alive. if it weren't for the good schools, i wouldn't be moving here.

I

Island Sweet Sk

If your serious about moving up here more power to you. Just do some more research before you come up. Our attorney gen. is trying to change our laws as I speak. As far as I know all our school systems are going downhill also because of loss of state funding, but on a positive note the state made like 8 and a half million in it's first two years of licensing cards. I would wait and see what bill schuette is gonna do next before packing.

Whippleschnitz

Whippleschnitz

I was referring specifically to property taxes. The local governments derive almost all of their funding that way and I know after years in real estate that the property tax and school funding in this state is a poor way to do it. The schools are decent for the most part but you could be paying several thousand dollars per year less in a state like Colorado for a comparable property. The legal system is very hostile here and the new AG edict re-enforces the fact that there are groups in this state with the money and the power and the will to subvert what the citizens of rhis state have decided they want. With so much still up in the air and lots of test cases that haven't even made it through the legal system yet this isn't the safest medical state. The whole question of dispensaries being legal or not will end up costing people because it will narrow the meaning of transfers to patient and caregiver only.

Washtenaw county is your safest place right now for MMJ friendly environments. Like others have said, stay away from Oakland county. They have the money and the inclination to send everyone with marijuana to prison. The judges have disallowed even mentioning the words medical marijuana at trial and denied an affirmative defense. I did mention there was a hostile legal environment right? Anyway, we are the only state to lose population in the last census so it would be nice to fill up some of the empty houses. Best of luck to you.

N

norm

If your serious about moving up here more power to you. Just do some more research before you come up. Our attorney gen. is trying to change our laws as I speak. As far as I know all our school systems are going downhill also because of loss of state funding, but on a positive note the state made like 8 and a half million in it's first two years of licensing cards. I would wait and see what bill schuette is gonna do next before packing.
thanks for the insight. ive done my research, I dont have any illusions about michigan. Unfortunatly, i cant wait on the AG. im in hell where im at.
I was referring specifically to property taxes. The local governments derive almost all of their funding that way and I know after years in real estate that the property tax and school funding in this state is a poor way to do it. The schools are decent for the most part but you could be paying several thousand dollars per year less in a state like Colorado for a comparable property. The legal system is very hostile here and the new AG edict re-enforces the fact that there are groups in this state with the money and the power and the will to subvert what the citizens of rhis state have decided they want. With so much still up in the air and lots of test cases that haven't even made it through the legal system yet this isn't the safest medical state. The whole question of dispensaries being legal or not will end up costing people because it will narrow the meaning of transfers to patient and caregiver only.

Washtenaw county is your safest place right now for MMJ friendly environments. Like others have said, stay away from Oakland county. They have the money and the inclination to send everyone with marijuana to prison. The judges have disallowed even mentioning the words medical marijuana at trial and denied an affirmative defense. I did mention there was a hostile legal environment right? Anyway, we are the only state to lose population in the last census so it would be nice to fill up some of the empty houses. Best of luck to you.
I appreciate your thoughts on this, Im trying to get as many perspectives as I can.
no offense, but I dont give a fuck about property taxes. Im not in the business of property. paying a few extra grand a year doesnt bother me at ALL. been facing mandatory minimums and long sentences for many years here, property taxes are cheap at twice the price! I wouldnt grow and live in CO if the property taxes were free.

I hope dispensarys do stay open. I dont think there needs to be 850 in every town, but there should be enough to meet demand, and they shouldnt charge so fuckin much either, but its business.

the legal environment in michigan IS WAYYY better than where im at.

B

bobby-o

hey norm just a word of advice...

I have seen you around another site, and you deff know what your doing.

Follow your dreams bro, make it happen.

Anyone who tells you not to come is NOT on top of their game and doesnt want new comers for that exact reason. If they were on top of their game it wouldnt matter who came. Do what you know is right. I know I am thats why Im moving to CO in a few weeks.

Best of luck man

I

Island Sweet Sk

Who told him not to come? Anyways the thread says "Talk me out of moving to Michigan." LOL I could careless if he moved here or not, I'm not in a competition. I would move to Michigan just for being a medical state. If you don't believe what people are saying Google our medical marijuana. Just look at our new bills that are trying to pass. It's gonna be the clamp if it passes, you have no idea. bobby-o your a good motivational speaker but you have no clue what's going on around here. Just because you brought your negative attitude to the colorado thread and they told you how it is, doesn't mean people in Michigan are haters. It's a lot harder than you think but not impossible.

B

BlowCrack

Im 25 i been growing 5 years....I was born in raised in the same area that barry gordy house was in during the motown era...its bad but if your about your money than you can liven some of the most beautuful homes in the country out of harms way....i also been lookin for a strain that this city (DETROIT) needs....i got a few Blue Dream, WiFI, Sour OG, Sour Kush, Katsu BUBBA.....if grown correctly you can $375-475 all day....thats called Eatin....Find a diamond in the ruff strain or all ready have one and youll eat good!

T

T1420

sounds like a ghetto.. and I dont charge ripoff prices so i'd be lost there...all about workin twice as hard and stackin it high. I grow because I LOVE cannabis and profit only exists in the minds of the greedy who one day because of their ways become the needy..200-250 oz. tops... but I treat people like family.

N

norm

michigan bad ass come get in on the money while its hot lol
lol
Im 25 i been growing 5 years....I was born in raised in the same area that barry gordy house was in during the motown era...its bad but if your about your money than you can liven some of the most beautuful homes in the country out of harms way....i also been lookin for a strain that this city (DETROIT) needs....i got a few Blue Dream, WiFI, Sour OG, Sour Kush, Katsu BUBBA.....if grown correctly you can $375-475 all day....thats called Eatin....Find a diamond in the ruff strain or all ready have one and youll eat good!
thanks for the imput. im stayin the fuck outta Dtown, il be fuckin with the yuppies out in GR. If i can get even 275 all the way for the finest dawgs and kushes il be good
sounds like a ghetto.. and I dont charge ripoff prices so i'd be lost there...all about workin twice as hard and stackin it high. I grow because I LOVE cannabis and profit only exists in the minds of the greedy who one day because of their ways become the needy..200-250 oz. tops... but I treat people like family.
oh fuck, let me guess your woman is beautiful and your shit smells like roses too? the market decides the prices not the player. save that hate for another thread

T

T1420

Not hating bro...just stating facts, fact is the dispensary in south haven sells 200 ozs to peeps around here... people round here been pulling good weight and unless you deal with peeps outta the circles. for 250 you can get the best hazes or kushes out there...sorry for you takin offense, must've bothered ya.... dont move here if ya cant take peeps tellin ya how it is.. thats how us yankees roll....

S

SSHZ

Just watch "Hardcore Pawn" on cable once and twice..... that will be enough to scare the living snot out of you.

Over 30 years ago a national company I was working for offered me a substantial promotion from the east coast to Detroit. I laughed at them when they "asked" me to take it. They laid me off a month later for not being a "company" guy...... LOL

I hate the Lions, Redwings and Tigers too...... but I can't name 1 player on any of those teams.

M

MIway

Not hating bro...just stating facts, fact is the dispensary in south haven sells 200 ozs to peeps around here... people round here been pulling good weight and unless you deal with peeps outta the circles. for 250 you can get the best hazes or kushes out there...sorry for you takin offense, must've bothered ya.... dont move here if ya cant take peeps tellin ya how it is.. thats how us yankees roll....

yeah but one of the few dips i've been into around here actually had mold growing off the nug, kinda sticking to the glass jar... u get what u pay for... no way their moving 200 zips w/o it being some scary ass shit... like little nugs of cancer.

Top Bottom