Tangerine Power (sincity - Reg. Seeds) With 3 Fem Friends Grow Journal

• Thread starter mrgrowguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

@motz I had been doing the dome thing, very successfully, since the beginning. I figured this way was worth a try, since it was such a low cost for me, and this new setup is proving to be very convenient.

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

"J" and "D" @ 6 wks (I took these late last night)

"J" first

IMG 1941
IMG 1950
IMG 1951

and "D"

IMG 1947
IMG 1954
IMG 1956
IMG 1962

M

motz

@motz I had been doing the dome thing, very successfully, since the beginning. I figured this way was worth a try, since it was such a low cost for me, and this new setup is proving to be very convenient.
Had one when they very first came out, it found it's way to the dump.
Everyone has their own way of doing stuff, I'm just very old school

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

Rubbing on a few of the girls I noticed some were starting to add a little fuel smell in front of the citrus, but it ends in a high-pitched sweet orange.

The Starbud smells like sweaty feet/dirty socks. It is like sticking your head in a year old hamper with maybe a rotten fruit salad on the bottom.

Last edited:
mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

any size to these?

The only ones showing good yield are "J" "G" and very likely "F"

"L" and "D" are both thinner sativa / haze looking. Not much for yield. But keep in mind i clear all bushy branches after two or three weeks into flower, so some may put out more. Like "L" had a crazy branch system going, would yield more than "D" i think. But they definitely look like quality smoke.

"M" can be described as medium yielding at best, though it did not want to branch much in the beginning.

I haven't been taking pics, but there is another pheno, "N" that threw a nanner three weeks into flower that I've kept going on the side, but discarded from my diary. It is very sativa leaning and looks great, very low yields, but super dank looking nugs. I may snap a quick pic soon just to show that last pheno i have from this pack. I think "F" is going to produce the biggest main tops due to its compact stature and nug shapes like G and J

Starbud is low yielding but the most frosty.

GPK is very low yielding.

I really do think there can be some good yields to be had from the TP pack, but there are definitely some skimpy yet dank phenos too

Note: my low ph levels could have caused a slight shortage in yield, but not too too much

Might as well add this note too : the haze-looking phenos seem to be the most susceptible to ph issues. M, N, and F don't show any issues in the leaves. L was hit the hardest and has the most yellowing. J was second and D is starting to show yellow. GPK also was VERY sensitive to ph

Last edited:
mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

I was bored last night and decided to check on the terps again and was shocked, "D" has developed a very unique smell compared to the rest. While the rest have very high pitched, screaming 7up/tangerine sweet n sourness to them, "D" smells like orange OG! It has that og funk with a fruity background. Totally different than all the other females. Also the resin is stickier. I'm getting more and more excited for it :)

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

Some over-all pics of the garden.

Reminders: all plants have only 4 tops, tent is 5' x 5', all plants started at 12" when flipped to flower cycle, some plants are raised a bit for canopy-leveling reasons, yellowing is due to a ph issue that is being slowly corrected, each plant's flower cycle may not have all started at the same time.

IMG 2061

Starbud - coming around the last bend here on time.
IMG 2065
IMG 2066
IMG 2044

Here is a pic of "N" in the back corner. She looked so good, I had to finish her. Even if she nanner'd. Only the one time too, nothing since. (you'll have to click the pic to enlarge, sorry for the exposure)
IMG 2048

Those front two nugs of "F" late to start, now taking off
IMG 2060

small note expanding on the terp rub profiles post earlier; "N" also has a unique, but kinda similar to "D" type of smell. Not as deep and heavy of a smell as "D". Also, not as sticky, slightly less viscous.

Last edited:
mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

@motz i thought I had really f'd this one up, but yeah i guess that thing normally has tiny buds. My phone isn't loading the pics to save on data (and load time - who decided to load this diary with pictures, dammit!) , but I think my last pic on the far right you can see how it relates in size to the rest. Even "N"is putting out a lot more and it's the skimpiest of the tangerine powers!

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

I have to saaayyyy... so far, so good. Haven't had one fail yet, but I think there is one that might be the first, soon.

Just set it, and (crowd)------ --!!

IMG 2069
IMG 2070

They started showing little chin-pubes for roots about 3 days ago, and then boom. Just like that. I do have a special mix that I am trying out, so you know it's not just tap water.

note: The TP's have moderate-large sized calyx (but not as extremely large as some of those sativas which you might be used to seeing). Compared to my Tahoe OG, each individual calyx is about 2-4 times the volume of the T OG. Even and especially the Starbud, who is nice and swollen now. The GPK has very small calyx size.

Last edited:
mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

"N" threw out another set of nanners, so she needed to come down. I took a few pictures before giving the plant to my dad (in case you didn't read the whole thread - when I smoke buds with nanners or any male pollen, I get an allergic reaction). Anyways, I did keep a branch to test flavor in that pheno, of course I will be using the aid of Benadryl. But she is a little early and smells absolutely fantastic. But small yielding.

This pheno (the only one in the pack of 15) looks the most similar [imo] to the picture SinCity uses to advertise this strain (picture used on the Attitude's website at least).
IMG 2076

The rest of the pics had the top nug removed when I fist spotted nanners.
IMG 2085
IMG 2088
IMG 2089

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

I am two days behind on the GPK and one day behind on pics for "F"

GPK @ 8 wks + 2days

Very low yields on this here plant. They smell pretty good, but not impressive like "N" was last night.
IMG 2092
IMG 2095
IMG 2096
IMG 2106

to be cont...

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

(cont.)

And here is "F" (comet pheno) @ 6 wks + 1day

It was a little droopy from waking up. She always perks up after a few hours in the "sun"
IMG 2098
IMG 2100
IMG 2102
IMG 2109
IMG 2111
IMG 2112
IMG 2113

Latest posts

Top Bottom