Tangie...

• Thread starter Roskito
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Roskito

I tried smoking Veganic Tangie i got from a dispensary in LA and its the best smelling/tasting flower ive ever experienced. Ive bee in the medical scene for over 10 years here so this is saying a lot. I just ordered a 13 pack of seeds from DNA. Anybody ever grow this stuff?

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

I believe that they are calling "Tangi" or "Tang" is actually subcools Agent Orange! It is amazing, super great orangey citrus flavor to the max! Amazing stuff really, I think DNA must of thought that tang sounded better than saying they picked up a great strain from subcool. I am growing a 4 light room of her right now, she is amazing and yields like a sativa leaning beast should. This also makes the best dabs that I have ever encountered.

R

Roskito

It might be the same strain then. I know there is a "tange" and a "tangie", and the subcool thing has been argued in other forums, I think they called it Jillybean... But the tangie I had was not just a citrus or orange aroma, this was straight up tangerine. And not like any tangerine I've had before. Any grow advice sanvanalona?

chuffingdank

chuffingdank

Hey @Roskito , i have never grown straight tangie, but im just about to harvest sour tangie also from DNA, ecsd x tangie (crockets cutt)
I was really hoping to find a more ecsd dominant pheno but the tangie is so overpowering, fat dense buds which are so sticky i dont even want to touch them.
IMO i think DNA have pulled abit of a marketing stunt on there tangie varietys, dont get me wrong im not dissapointed with them but just feel there was no ECSD whatsoever in this cross, but as uv gone for straigh tangie i think ur love it!

these r the babys im flushing at the mo(sorry for the poor pictures)

Chuffing D!

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

You could pheno hunt thru TGAs gear and find your own tangie then S1 it and be well on your way to being just like DNA!:rolleyes:
This is a great idea!

Any grow advice sanvanalona?

Yes! She loves coco, should be flipped very early, and so far has been uptaking nutes like a champ! No burn at all. I must say that she is very prone to PM, in a room of over 30 strains she is the only one with it even after many measures have been taken.

The Jillybean is also amazing and has a similar fruity flavor and smell to the agent orange because most likely sub used the same male which is well known to give off sour fruity aromas/flavors. The Jillybean is much more grapefruit but also an amazing strain and I am going to run a full row of her this outdoor season.

HeadGrow

HeadGrow

Hey @Roskito , i have never grown straight tangie, but im just about to harvest sour tangie also from DNA, ecsd x tangie (crockets cutt)
I was really hoping to find a more ecsd dominant pheno but the tangie is so overpowering, fat dense buds which are so sticky i dont even want to touch them.
IMO i think DNA have pulled abit of a marketing stunt on there tangie varietys, dont get me wrong im not dissapointed with them but just feel there was no ECSD whatsoever in this cross, but as uv gone for straigh tangie i think ur love it! View attachment 369063
these r the babys im flushing at the mo(sorry for the poor pictures)

Chuffing D!

Beautiful looking girl there! I just started pack of sour tangie and I'm really hoping for a Diesel leaner. It looks like a great strain regardless.

HeadGrow

HeadGrow

Awesome man! LST is a great method. I normally shoot for about 16 tops so I pinch back about 3 times during a 10 week veg period. I've grown Cali-O for about 10 years now (the clone only cut) and based on your pics it looks like it grows very similar. My White Romulan grows like that too. I'm stoked for it! I'll start a grow journal soon; the seeds just popped dirt. I haven't been on this site for years but am just starting to come back around and get away from my other forum a bit. So I guess it's time to load up some pics :)

zeke

zeke

Any relation to tangerine dream? That strain smells a lot like agent orange. Tangerine dream is g13 haze f2. Anything I've had with that g13 haze in it is orangey as fawk. Agent orange is a orange skunk cross. Never heard of or had orange skunk. Or is tangie an orange flavored strain unrelated to tangerine dream that coincidently has its nickname and terpene profile? Sounds like another Cali breeders disinformation project.

powerplant

powerplant

Any relation to tangerine dream? That strain smells a lot like agent orange. Tangerine dream is g13 haze f2. Anything I've had with that g13 haze in it is orangey as fawk. Agent orange is a orange skunk cross. Never heard of or had orange skunk. Or is tangie an orange flavored strain unrelated to tangerine dream that coincidently has its nickname and terpene profile? Sounds like another Cali breeders disinformation project.

"Tangie (aka Tangerine Dream from 1995). She has been around for many years now, but for many more she was hidden, until DNA Genetics good friend Crockett pulled her out of his closet to present them with it!"

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
the male that is used in a lot of resin seeds, the g13/haze will orange stuff up big time with a jack/hazey hint.

The female in agent orange is an old cali cut that is uber orange. It is the reason for the orange not his space dude male or whichever he used in that cross I'm pretty sure.

That orange strain has been around and has been called many things. There was also a cut called Tangerine from the mid 90's def disappeared and is different than the exact orange profile in the "orange velvet" cut or whatever sub calls it. It's a nor cal or pnw oldie but a goodie, the one sub used.

The sour p from resin seeds will hit upon some straight orangey phenos that seem to be orangey but a different genetic family than the sub orange types...fwiw

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
the cannatonic I have is uber orangey, almost a jillybean/agent orange way but def different as I have tried some resin seeds and seen that male put out similar odors and flavs.

zeke

zeke

I'm pretty sure that tangerine dream was a g13 haze f2 marketed by Barney's farm and bred by whoever from stock soma got from Ed. I think that's how it goes. Anyway where did Ed get the seeds from? Neville and or Shantibaba of course. MNS still sells that strain. I'm not sure of the orangey traits of that companies offering. I ran a stain called plastic that was a banana kush x g13 haze. Tastes and smells like fake orange spray. Tastes good too. The dude I got it from thought it was a burnt plastic taste. Sort of like a plastic orange in my opinion. The bho tastes orangey and smells like burnt celery in the room when vaped.

HeadGrow

HeadGrow

I'm pretty sure that tangerine dream was a g13 haze f2 marketed by Barney's farm and bred by whoever from stock soma got from Ed. I think that's how it goes. Anyway where did Ed get the seeds from? Neville and or Shantibaba of course. MNS still sells that strain. I'm not sure of the orangey traits of that companies offering. I ran a stain called plastic that was a banana kush x g13 haze. Tastes and smells like fake orange spray. Tastes good too. The dude I got it from thought it was a burnt plastic taste. Sort of like a plastic orange in my opinion. The bho tastes orangey and smells like burnt celery in the room when vaped.

Barney's Farm just tried to create a version of Tangerine Dream. There was a previous version before Barney's creation.

zeke

zeke

Just smoked some tange. My buddy has had his cut for a few years. Got it in Colorado. Tastes super earthy and hashlike. Not like tangerine dream. I think there are three distinct strains being discussed. Tangerine dream from Barney's, tangie maybe the original that Barney's copied but we don't know and tange the earthy nonrelated but phonetically similar. I think that's what's up. All three really nice and tasty.

tweedy

tweedy

Just smoked some tange. My buddy has had his cut for a few years. Got it in Colorado. Tastes super earthy and hashlike. Not like tangerine dream. I think there are three distinct strains being discussed. Tangerine dream from Barney's, tangie maybe the original that Barney's copied but we don't know and tange the earthy nonrelated but phonetically similar. I think that's what's up. All three really nice and tasty.
Don't forget Sweet Tangerine :)

william76

william76

IT IS NOT AGENT ORANGE
That strain has been around Cali for awhile since the 90's Tangerine Dream is old as fuck, if you don't know that UR 2 YOUNG, or NOT BORN & raised in Cali!
Dude people are always going to throw salt in peoples' game. and .... DNA/RP ARE UP ON THEIR GAME! Some jealous people see DNA/RP winning with their Kosher or thier TANGI SHATTER ALL THE TIME! that makes SOME PEOPLE BUTT HURT! those BUTT HURT TYPES are CALLED HATERS! The world is full of lames, losers, and haters... ignore them their idiots! on the other hand the world also has genius', visionaries, and congradulators! i congradulate RP/DNA for their awards !

don't be gullable and bite so easy. when you are at the pinnacle or top of a pyramid you can't hear the hater's anyway! and if you look at the awards a company wins VS. the lack of recent awards from the hater shit talkers...well you get the point...

I WISH ALL BREEDERS GOOD LUCK IN THEIR CUPS. DON'T HATE CONGRADULATE!
THATS THE REAL 420 WAY
SHARING, PEACE, GOOD WORKS AND GETTING FADED
Iv got an apollo 13 f4{mota) that smells so bad of oranges I couldn't believe it,im lookin. For lemon and get oranges,last thing I expected,but it was lovely,i think I may try bodhis satsuma,is that right?all the best farmers,76

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

IT IS NOT AGENT ORANGE
That strain has been around Cali for awhile since the 90's Tangerine Dream is old as fuck, if you don't know that UR 2 YOUNG, or NOT BORN & raised in Cali!
Dude people are always going to throw salt in peoples' game. and .... DNA/RP ARE UP ON THEIR GAME! Some jealous people see DNA/RP winning with their Kosher or thier TANGI SHATTER ALL THE TIME! that makes SOME PEOPLE BUTT HURT! those BUTT HURT TYPES are CALLED HATERS! The world is full of lames, losers, and haters... ignore them their idiots! on the other hand the world also has genius', visionaries, and congradulators! i congradulate RP/DNA for their awards !

don't be gullable and bite so easy. when you are at the pinnacle or top of a pyramid you can't hear the hater's anyway! and if you look at the awards a company wins VS. the lack of recent awards from the hater shit talkers...well you get the point...

I WISH ALL BREEDERS GOOD LUCK IN THEIR CUPS. DON'T HATE CONGRADULATE!
THATS THE REAL 420 WAY
SHARING, PEACE, GOOD WORKS AND GETTING FADED
I've grown both side by side, no difference! Simply relabeled is all.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

What makes you think you got the real deal ?
Agent orange came out years later buddy
How you gonna tell me?

See here's the problem some one passed off a cut to u as TANGIE
and someone else handed u as AGENT ORANGE

THAT DOES MEAN THEY WERE THE REAL DEAL, no matter who they say they know. Even if some guys have the real OG does NOT mean they have TANGIE
And too many heads wanna feel important , truth is they are no one!
Passing fake shit off and ruining reputable strain names
U pretty much put down TANGIE by even comparing the 2 although the AGENT IS DANK it is NOT THE SAME
NOW If you are growing either of the strains from seeds well then they will have similar Phenos that will taste similar and grow similar as they are both heavy on the sativa spectrum
And of citrus gentics
That does not mean they are the same
And if u got a clone then that guy lied
O.k. Well I have a few homies that do a lot of the "breeding" in norcal for Don and Aaron, I took a cut of their award winning tangie and lost it inside of my room of agent orange. This is not new, this shit happens all of the time especially with the big dogs, i.e., "kosher kush"....come the fuck on man and stop marketing bullshit, at least that is the thought going through my head. I know of a tangie that was amazing, out of socal and colorado and really would rival a diesel, this is not the same as Agent orange or the tangie that I referenced earlier, maybe that is where the confusion is. Either way, after growing both I feel comfortable in saying that they are exactly the same. Have you grown both before? The so called "DNA" clone and the agent orange? I think if you had you would know what I do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom