tap root is stalled at 1/16th inch

• Thread starter dean1963
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
freezeland2

freezeland2

You all make my head hurt with all this talk of soaking, paper towels, etc.

Mother Nature has been germinating seeds for thousands of years. I’ll follow her lead and just plant directly in your medium of choice and let her do her thing. Only the strong and viable survive. If a seed doesn’t pop it wasn’t meant to be. Drop another bean in that case. A lot of over thinking and hocus-pocus with all these germination methods. KISS

TSD

TSD

You all make my head hurt with all this talk of soaking, paper towels, etc.

Mother Nature has been germinating seeds for thousands of years. I’ll follow her lead and just plant directly in your medium of choice and let her do her thing. Only the strong and viable survive. If a seed doesn’t pop it wasn’t meant to be. Drop another bean in that case. A lot of over thinking and hocus-pocus with all these germination methods. KISS
True... but it saves like a week or so if you germ them first. 🤷‍♀️ Plus if I spend money on a seed, I want to give it every opportunity to pop, some that would be good plants might just get stuck and die... but I guess that means they're weak... but I still paid for them regardless lol.

freezeland2

freezeland2

True... but it saves like a week or so if you germ them first. 🤷‍♀️ Plus if I spend money on a seed, I want to give it every opportunity to pop, some that would be good plants might just get stuck and die... but I guess that means they're weak... but I still payed for them regardless lol.
Plant a week earlier then if you’re worried about a week. I plant direct and they pop in 3 - 5 days so not sure about the saving a week analogy.

TSD

TSD

This^
Ive planted directly in soil before a few times and it always spiked my anxiety waiting for them to pop up so i dont do it anymore.

So many ways to sprout seeds though thats for sure
Yeah my squirley brain can't handle it. 🤣

freezeland2

freezeland2

This^
Ive planted directly in soil before a few times and it always spiked my anxiety waiting for them to pop up so i dont do it anymore.

So many ways to sprout seeds though thats for sure
I’m just an old pot head and don’t stress over things like that. Obviously all those methods work or else folks wouldn’t be doing it. I just don’t see the value in all it.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I’m just an old pot head and don’t stress over things like that. Obviously all those methods work or else folks wouldn’t be doing it. I just don’t see the value in all it.
I plant all my veggies that way but my pot seeds get germinated first lol.

They definitely all do work, but my least favorite way now is the paper towel method. Had to many grow into the towel and had to plant pieces of paper towel.

Maybe ill try directly planting again next run now that these kinds of things dont bother me much anymore. Been over the new grower blues for a few years now so maybe thatll make a difference.

freezeland2

freezeland2

I plant all my veggies that way but my pot seeds get germinated first lol.

They definitely all do work, but my least favorite way now is the paper towel method. Had to many grow into the towel and had to plant pieces of paper towel.

Maybe ill try directly planting again next run now that these kinds of things dont bother me much anymore. Been over the new grower blues for a few years now so maybe thatll make a difference.
My other opinion on it is those methods do encourage the weak to pop, and those grow in to Karen’s of the grow, lol.

TSD

TSD

My other opinion on it is those methods do encourage the weak to pop, and those grow in to Karen’s of the grow, lol.
You might be onto something there. 🤣
I'll let you know if my later poppers are Karens or not. 🤣 Candy Dawg needed to be coaxed out for sure.

SouthernOhio

SouthernOhio

i buy from crop king seeds and have always had great results from them.
this is the first gorilla glue seeds from them though.
their in soil now and the soil temp is 74 f so i guess we will find out in a few days if their good or not.
just sucks to dump money on shit seeds.
That's happening a lot in today's seed world. You might as well toss them and start over.
Sorry, just my opinion.
Why don't you plant directly in your soil medium? Been planting directly in soil for over 50 years.
Soak them for about 4 or 5hrs in water and then drop in your medium.
Very simple.

freezeland2

freezeland2

That's happening a lot in today's seed world. You might as well toss them and start over.
Sorry, just my opinion.
Why don't you plant directly in your soil medium? Been planting directly in soil for over 50 years.
Soak them for about 4 or 5hrs in water and then drop in your medium.
Very simple.
I skip the 4 or 5 hrs. Just plant the sucka’s already.

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

i put mine in a glass of water with peroxide for 10 hrs generally, they never sink and i don’t let them crack in the water, i take out than plant and they usually pop up in
2-4 days.. i’ve to this day never had one fail as most of you know already..
and the seed is never touched..
Try this with old seeds? Ever tap one I bet it sinks after 10hrs. H202 keeps them from sinking as easily.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Try this with old seeds? Ever tap one I bet it sinks after 10hrs. H202 keeps them from sinking as easily.
no still float..
i don’t try to get them to sink, usually means it’s cracked and you could drown it by leaving it in there, than there’s the chance the plant would grow stunted or unhealthy..

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

you see that tiny plant on start up, smaller than the others.
5274537 grow journal by herbaledupev growog cookies cream cbd

in the end being a monster: the tallest, pheno with the best yield and most swollen calyx
5589935 grow journal by herbaledupev growog cookies cream cbd
5589936 grow journal by herbaledupev growog cookies cream cbd

in my experience growing 8 plant from the same strain at time weaker seedling on start up has nothing to do with how the plant gonna flower and look in the end

TSD

TSD

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

no still float..
i don’t try to get them to sink, usually means it’s cracked and you could drown it by leaving it in there, than there’s the chance the plant would grow stunted or unhealthy..
Not gonna drown ime. I’ve left seeds for 48hrs or more. Had them come completely out of the shell and float lol

ninjadip

ninjadip

Not gonna drown ime. I’ve left seeds for 48hrs or more. Had them come completely out of the shell and float lol
Yeah that's what I was saying earlier from my own experience as well. They always stay afloat for me, always.

Latest posts

Top Bottom