Tap Water PH, PPM. What do i do?

• Thread starter S.WestFarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S.WestFarmer

S.WestFarmer

They are 6 weeks from seed.

Yes I built my room our if 1x2 and 2x2 with durafoam as it's reflective so I didn't need panda or orca film. It's 4x4 grow space and 2x4 for equipment.

Yes I spent about 2k total for all my equipment including RDWC system that was diy and the materials for everything.
This is the equipment side.
6 weeks and they look phenomenal! So 1 sq' per plant? i bet cleaning off the durafoam is a breeze too. Cleaning my walls and floor suck as of right now haha.

dang man thats quite an investment. But im sure youve turned over the costs already!? whats the R in RDWC? Thanks Aqua for your time and knowledge man.

S.WestFarmer

S.WestFarmer

With about 150ppm I can almost say for certain 80-100ppm will be caco3. He needs that to buffer his ph. If he went RO he would have to buy some cal mag to reconstitute it.

I use tap but like you say it's important to do water changes about once a week depending on how much you have to add back each day to prevent salt and nutrient buildup and imbalance.
so do i stick with the 3/4 RO and 1/4 tap or whats the deal aqua? im becoming confused aha and thats not good. I do change my res every 5 to 7 days.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
With about 150ppm I can almost say for certain 80-100ppm will be caco3. He needs that to buffer his ph. If he went RO he would have to buy some cal mag to reconstitute it.

I use tap but like you say it's important to do water changes about once a week depending on how much you have to add back each day to prevent salt and nutrient buildup and imbalance.
God bless you guys... I'm getting a headache just listening (reading) to you!! All of this technical talk makes me feel like a dummy, sitting here in the hills with a couple 35 year old buckets. I guess I'm fortunate that we have good water around here and don't really have to add anything. I just wonder what you are going to do with all of your time when you try the Promix grow? Better get a couple long books...... :cool:
This is a great thread as well. It's good to see others getting the help that they need. I guess it's like a talented musician... they have been doing it for so long that they don't really think, they just react. Some of these growers couldn't screw it up if they wanted to!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

6 weeks and they look phenomenal! So 1 sq' per plant? i bet cleaning off the durafoam is a breeze too. Cleaning my walls and floor suck as of right now haha.

dang man thats quite an investment. But im sure youve turned over the costs already!? whats the R in RDWC? Thanks Aqua for your time and knowledge man.
Recirculating. I have 4 sites and a reservoir all connected that circulates the water. Between all

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

God bless you guys... I'm getting a headache just listening (reading) to you!! All of this technical talk makes me feel like a dummy, sitting here in the hills with a couple 35 year old buckets. I guess I'm fortunate that we have good water around here and don't really have to add anything. I just wonder what you are going to do with all of your time when you try the Promix grow? Better get a couple long books...... :cool:
This is a great thread as well. It's good to see others getting the help that they need. I guess it's like a talented musician... they have been doing it for so long that they don't really think, they just react. Some of these growers couldn't screw it up if they wanted to!
Yeah hydro takes quite a bit of monitoring. I'm looking forward to trying dirt next year clone to harvest. So far so good for my mom in the soil mix you gave me.

S.WestFarmer

S.WestFarmer

it is a whole lot of info to take in Jimster! yes, fortunate to have good water indeed my man! mine tastes great but isnt too great for my plantitas :/
That promix must really do wonders. Its a sit back and let nature do its thing kind of grow? if so, some fat cannabis and horticulture books should be a good read for all the extra time we will have haha. I have read 1982 three times, been feeling like giving it another go. Great read, man.
thats the truth. some of these guys could probably walk away from their plants for a week and have no adverse reactions haha. I leave mine unattended one day and all hell breaks loose!
Did you all read that article where they were saying that people have been listening to music and smoking reefer for over 2500 years?! im sure its longer, but they found substantial evidence out in japan i believe or some where out there. I thought that was oretty neat. They say maybe it was used during ritualistic or funeral services.

S.WestFarmer

S.WestFarmer

Yeah hydro takes quite a bit of monitoring. I'm looking forward to trying dirt next year clone to harvest. So far so good for my mom in the soil mix you gave me.
moms are easier to maintain in soil? how exactly do you take care of a mom plant and how long do you keep her alive??

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

moms are easier to maintain in soil? how exactly do you take care of a mom plant and how long do you keep her alive??
I don't have room for a mom at my house so a friend offered some space. Only legal for me to have 4 plants. I didn't want to setup a hydro grow for it due to cost. There is some evidence that leads me to believe that soil may be better for moms but I won't get into it. It was more of a convenience thing. Jim was kind enough to help me with a very simple soil mix that he has had proven results from to do so.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

ah alright. ima have to do some investigating on that. Is that more convenient?
If you are growing more than one plant yes. It also provides more water to work with so things stay more stable. My plants are drinking almost 5 gals of water a day right now so if I didn't have a res things would be changing way to fast. Like I always say faster growth is not always better it makes things alot more challenging and gives little time to react. So the added volume is a life saver for ne

S.WestFarmer

S.WestFarmer

fo
I don't have room for a mom at my house so a friend offered some space. Only legal for me to have 4 plants. I didn't want to setup a hydro grow for it due to cost. There is some evidence that leads me to believe that soil may be better for moms but I won't get into it. It was more of a convenience thing. Jim was kind enough to help me with a very simple soil mix that he has had proven results from to do so.
4 mature pants? or four plants period? youre out there in Canada uh? I wanna get into that soil mix Jim has been telling us about, but im still trying to get equipment and gear for my hydro setup that i dont wann start a new one and be halfway on both, ya know?

S.WestFarmer

S.WestFarmer

If you are growing more than one plant yes. It also provides more water to work with so things stay more stable. My plants are drinking almost 5 gals of water a day right now so if I didn't have a res things would be changing way to fast. Like I always say faster growth is not always better it makes things alot more challenging and gives little time to react. So the added volume is a life saver for ne
damn, 5 Gallons a day!? how big is your res? damn thats crazy man i never thought of it like that.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

cool man will do. The one you recommended tell you to drop 1ml per gal? or do you do less than advised?
The one I use calls for 1ml a gal for RO. I use tap which mine has 60ppm calcium and 10ppm ish magnesium. I still needed to add 1ml a gal or I start seeing deficiencies. But this is probably more due to my growth rates.

S.WestFarmer

S.WestFarmer

The one I use calls for 1ml a gal for RO. I use tap which mine has 60ppm calcium and 10ppm ish magnesium. I still needed to add 1ml a gal or I start seeing deficiencies. But this is probably more due to my growth rates.
how are you able to tell how much ppm is calcium and magnesium?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

fo

4 mature pants? or four plants period? youre out there in Canada uh? I wanna get into that soil mix Jim has been telling us about, but im still trying to get equipment and gear for my hydro setup that i dont wann start a new one and be halfway on both, ya know?
Yeah Canada 4 plants. That includes clones, mother's, veg and flower. Once I cut it down then it's not counted

Top Bottom