Tap Water

• Thread starter prometh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
prometh

prometh

doing a lil backyard outdoor grow at an apartment.. i'm really trying to keep everything really simple and clean so i'm not going to put a RO unit in the place. no space for a reservoir either and doesnt look too clean in the backyard.

running a1 soil cut with kelloggs potting soil, feeding tap water, and top dressing whenever i need to.

so i was wondering, could i top dress caps beneficials and use tap water? is it even worth using caps beneficials as a top dress given my circumstances? i would guess the chlorine would kill alot of the bacteria but the a1 soil is pretty fertile and there could be a decent amount of bacteria feeding off the soil

Reactions: mal
M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
I think the tap water although not ideal would still give a very good result, as a matter of fact I'm using it with my tap water with great results. I do have relatively low PPM tap at 85 out of the faucet but it is what I've been using for over 20 years and several years with bennies. When I first got Caps bennies I had about 10 plants that I'd been vegging and not paying too much attention to, they all wanted something different. I transplanted them into soil with Caps bennies mixed thoroughly thru the new soil and within a week all 10 were green and lush and looked like different plants. The only change was the added bennies, take care and I hope all is well with you and yours

mal

prometh

prometh

after looking into the humic acid solution, i was thinking about getting a siphon injector since i already got a gallon of the a1 humic acid laying around... so i would siphon inject the humic acid into the tap water and water the top dressed beneficials. how does this idea sound? the siphon fiter would allow me to use liquid nutrients instead of just top dressing... or should i just stick to the dechlorinator and top dressing nutes and beneficials

LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

Its a filter not a additive right? If so those are not good for removing chloramine.

psilobuds

psilobuds

never had a problem with tap water to date mate. that said, if you have particulary hard water ya might have problems. really depends on your water source.

Latest posts

Top Bottom