Tap water

• Thread starter namedul
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
namedul

namedul

This is just something that I think happens. Girls in under current drink gallons aday. With using tap water some of the ppm it gives you just stacks. For example I add 100gal of just tap water. I guess 30ppm per gallon will never go away but keep stacking with the rest of the tap water. So in theory there is a point in no return ya? I have my girls hooked to a float which has is hooked by a saddle valve. So I really don't know how much they are drinking but from last grow it was around 15 gal aday.
Anyone who uses tap water ever notice this?

namedul

namedul

I run 4 solistek 1000w ballast at Solis boost on splitters so 8 600 watt vert lights and 6 girls in 27 gallon totes. With cutting edge micro, bloom And Epsom salt. This room hasa 2 ton mini split 3 wall fans 8 floor fans 2 8 in line fans. 1 50pint dehu with another 70 on the way. This is my 2nd grow in this room and so far first grow without having any yellowing or issues.

Last edited:
namedul

namedul

the last one is brotherhood og. And other 5 are banana og. Day 16 and this one is 5 days ago

20140222 093015
20140222 093015
Last edited:
woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

30 ppm is mice nuts in the big picture. They eat what they want and you never know how much they eat of what, that's why the change outs. Looks like your ladies like what your doing, little stretch, but no big deal. Nice work

namedul

namedul

30 ppm is mice nuts in the big picture. They eat what they want and you never know how much they eat of what, that's why the change outs. Looks like your ladies like what your doing, little stretch, but no big deal. Nice work
lol ya they got away i vegged the same as i did the first go and these our twice the size.... just dont wanna stop going up they are at the ceiling now which is just under 8ft

namedul

namedul

I have started flushing every week at the start of flower. This is with no roots or anything through the whole cycle. I mix 4 grams of pool shock I got into 1 gallon jug and use it at 1-2ml rates and really with flushing weekly I don't think it's needed.

One thing I think is very important PVC is white light goes through it wrap your pipes :p

20140309 131138

namedul

namedul

28 days and they are beautiful first is brotherhood 2nd is banana.

20140309 131934
20140309 131845
Alice D

Alice D

I have started flushing every week at the start of flower. This is with no roots or anything through the whole cycle. I mix 4 grams of pool shock I got into 1 gallon jug and use it at 1-2ml rates and really with flushing weekly I don't think it's needed.

One thing I think is very important PVC is white light goes through it wrap your pipes :p

View attachment 386516
so your adding the pool shock only while flushing or you add it to your resevoir every couple days or what? Things are looking good. Ya your 30 ppm of tap isn't to worry about much. Our water is about 60 ppm and after testing found out its mostly calcium which acts as a ph neutralizer. Ive been using the ro again since finding this out. Started to see the calcium build up once i started using foggers for humidity and was thinking dam if i'm seeing a white residue on things my girls are probably having a tough time breathing or using their stomatas properly. Nice looking roots,i'm pulling up a seat want to see this brotherhood og and your banana og.

B

boo

no disrespect meant but light ain't gonna pass thru pvc...it will degrade it as it's not overly UV resistant but it's as light resistant as black poly hose...yeah, what's up with the pool shock, how does that work...

namedul

namedul

so your adding the pool shock only while flushing or you add it to your resevoir every couple days or what? Things are looking good. Ya your 30 ppm of tap isn't to worry about much. Our water is about 60 ppm and after testing found out its mostly calcium which acts as a ph neutralizer. Ive been using the ro again since finding this out. Started to see the calcium build up once i started using foggers for humidity and was thinking dam if i'm seeing a white residue on things my girls are probably having a tough time breathing or using their stomatas properly. Nice looking roots,i'm pulling up a seat want to see this brotherhood og and your banana og.
im not the best at explain lol its a huge flaw and its very annoying :D.

but my tap is 150. if i was to go 2 weeks without flushing i would probably have about 200ppm of random nute build up from my tap. so to solve that i now just flush weekly. Since i flush weekly now i see no point to run any sterile after i flush i only add it in while i flush. and i do 4 grams per gallon. and then add 2ml per gallon which for me is about 100 gallons so i add 200ml sometimes more i have added 500 with no problems but i dont see the point.

i also have a drop line/feed line from my res that i drain out water by gravity over night before my main flush. always goes from 500ppm to 300ppm in about 12 hours.

i fill my system to the top and start my draining while i add my goods :P
i also add 80ml of micro 200ml of bloom .5 gram epsom salt and my pool shock mix

namedul

namedul

no disrespect meant but light ain't gonna pass thru pvc...it will degrade it as it's not overly UV resistant but it's as light resistant as black poly hose...yeah, what's up with the pool shock, how does that work...
my 3/4 line when unscrew it and look down it i can see light pass through it. thats why i think that

B

boo

ahhh, you're using schedule 40 or the thinwall stuff...yup, light passes thru that stuff, I always think schedule s0 you're correct, sorry

namedul

namedul

ahhh, you're using schedule 40 or the thinwall stuff...yup, light passes thru that stuff, I always think schedule s0 you're correct, sorry
well now i will make sure w.e pvc i get no light can pass through it ty sir for the great tip.

B

boo

you can also use the grey stuff, it's mostly used for electrical but it's good for water in a pinch...good luck

namedul

namedul

I'm actually using the Grey stuff for my buckle heads since I can tighten them more

namedul

namedul

Roots all in my pvc water level of 2nd buck pretty low so I pulled my roots out and now I will hook a timer up to my pump to shutoff for 15 minutes at a time during lights off to letmy float fill it up

namedul

namedul

should pf simplu said unusued nutrients from my tap. i was justnover thinking it.

Top Bottom