Tap Water

• Thread starter petraus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CannasaurusR

CannasaurusR

yeah, finally above freezing,my water issue is slowly melting away, lol, I get a fluctuation of pH in th well every spring (due to melting groundwater) that drops my pH and lowers the ppm to about the high 100's....Spring is so nice. looks like our lakes will have ice easily until after Easter this year again, Hopefully weather holds (ya right!) as we have had frozen lakes (including the great lakes) until May. Lake Superior had ice till July last year, btw Gonna find that damn groundhog oneday...... 6 more weeks of winter, IS an early spring here LOL,,,, brrr.

shemshemet

shemshemet

I use citric acid because my media pH has been drifting up every single time I grow (this is before I reused soil). Into flowering I get lockouts, and all sorts of deficiencies.

First I thought it was salts. Then carbonates. Then both.

I can't afford a RO filter so I never really had a good way to test.

So I decided to start at the cheapest solution, neutralize carbonates with citric acid.
Reusing my pots the first time I knew I already had buildup (salt or carbonate not sure)
My grow is going awesome this time around. I have to say it is definitely working.

If you are concerned about irrigation water alkalinity, citric acid is the way to go.

Prince Blanc

Prince Blanc

Chlorine will evaporate from standing water in a few hrs. Does your tap water give an EC reading?

LibertyHails

LibertyHails

As long as you either get a dechlorinating filter your money. If not fill your res let it sit for 24-48 hours. And the chlorine will evap. Fikters arent that expensive though.
Happy farmin;)
That is actually not true. Just a myth that chlorine evaps. I wish it was that easy

straincreation

straincreation

That is actually not true. Just a myth that chlorine evaps. I wish it was that easy
No i beg to differ, you might be thinking of (clhoromite) witch is close to chlorine but not the same chemical bonds. The chlorine will evap if you ket it sit. If im wrong show me the facts and i will be swayed.
Happy farmin

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

I'm using town/city water and it comes out of my tap at 29 ppm, the lowest I've heard of yet. One of my buddies tells me it's lower than his r/o water. Quite sure we're still on Chlorine here, I always let my water sit for at least 24 hours and it's fine, haven't had any issues anyway.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ah, it is indeed true. If it weren't, we'd have a lot more dead fish on our hands.
Chlorine does evaporate. It is a gas. Chloramine does not, Most water utility companys are phasing out the use of chlorine .
This is correct. The EPA has linked use of Cl in municipal water supplies to higher incidence of cancer and has recommended that all muni suppliers make the move over to chloramine. Those bonds must be broken, but once they are all you have is a little bit of Cl, and some ammonia (a source of N!).

organix4207

organix4207

Our town water comes in at 32 ppm and has chlorine in it as well. I just bubble it with an air stone for 24 hours and all good !!

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

I used the thiosulphate after Seamaiden told me about it. Had no issues at all. It was really cheap off eBay and it lasts for ages. Iv since got a water report and found my muni only uses chlorine not chloramine so now I just let it sit for 48 hrs with an air stone and heater in it. I'm not a fan of pouring cold winter water on my warm plants unless it's near the end. I also add bennies through out the grow as standard so I'm not worried that much about the effects of my water.

keiksweat

keiksweat

I
I used the thiosulphate after Seamaiden told me about it. Had no issues at all. It was really cheap off eBay and it lasts for ages. Iv since got a water report and found my muni only uses chlorine not chloramine so now I just let it sit for 48 hrs with an air stone and heater in it. I'm not a fan of pouring cold winter water on my warm plants unless it's near the end. I also add bennies through out the grow as standard so I'm not worried that much about the effects of my water.
always use my hard water.I fill my bosh,leave off the lid,use after couple of days.i do use cal mag,but mostly because I use leds.

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

I
always use my hard water.I fill my bosh,leave off the lid,use after couple of days.i do use cal mag,but mostly because I use leds.

My water is very very soft. I couldn't get a water report so to be sure I used the thiosulphate. Now I know different it's easy peas .
Hope u had a fab holidays.
I'm due to harvest in about a week. Can't wait as I'm out of mine and smoking some shite cheese.
Have u always used Led ?

keiksweat

keiksweat

My water is very very soft. I couldn't get a water report so to be sure I used the thiosulphate. Now I know different it's easy peas .
Hope u had a fab holidays.
I'm due to harvest in about a week. Can't wait as I'm out of mine and smoking some shite cheese.
Have u always used Led ?
hi k,yeah we had a good quiet family Xmas,got chance fir a booze out Xmas eve...im 3-4 weeks away from harvest on me autos.im smoking blu cheese,but me brother grew it.so its good tack.i started with a 600hps.brought me led panels beginning of 2015.,this one I'm using both.half tent mh,half 2 led panels over 4 autos.4 blu cheese under the mh,oh and another 4 little ens round n about.im gonna build me own top spec Cree leds,when funds prevail.cant wait,there wicked.check realstyles thread...

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

hi k,yeah we had a good quiet family Xmas,got chance fir a booze out Xmas eve...im 3-4 weeks away from harvest on me autos.im smoking blu cheese,but me brother grew it.so its good tack.i started with a 600hps.brought me led panels beginning of 2015.,this one I'm using both.half tent mh,half 2 led panels over 4 autos.4 blu cheese under the mh,oh and another 4 little ens round n about.im gonna build me own top spec Cree leds,when funds prevail.cant wait,there wicked.check realstyles thread...

Glad u had a good hols. I'm still rough from new years eve lol I'm getting to old for this shit lol
Are the leds better? I'm just concerned about the colour of the light and my nosey neighbours.
I can't bloody wait for harvest time.
I hope u do a thread on here when your building it.
My auto is about 30 days old. I don't know how long they take or even what it is lol but I'm looking forward to it.

LibertyHails

LibertyHails

No i beg to differ, you might be thinking of (clhoromite) witch is close to chlorine but not the same chemical bonds. The chlorine will evap if you ket it sit. If im wrong show me the facts and i will be swayed.
Happy farmin
I thought about it after i posted and you are right. I mixed up chlorine and chloramine(however you spell it).

Latest posts

Top Bottom