Taxes. Someone Claimed My Kids

• Thread starter Smokey503ski
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

I'm really sorry you're going through this. It's happened to us, and frankly, I'm not really sure that there's much of anything you can do outside of pushing the issue with the IRS and the family court. I would expect that to take a while. Since you have kids, is there no safety net program with the state for you?

Oh, fuck YEAH they are. If you owe enough money, they'll show up with guns an' ever'thang.

There isn't really shit I can do in regards of a safety net.
I can't believe the irs can't give me any information about my kids SS# being used. Our what to do to prevent this.
Basically I need to file a police report first.
Then file form 14039
And mail my return in.
Nothing they can do to prevent this from happening again.

phoenixfire

phoenixfire

There isn't really shit I can do in regards of a safety net.
I can't believe the irs can't give me any information about my kids SS# being used. Our what to do to prevent this.
Basically I need to file a police report first.
Then file form 14039
And mail my return in.
Nothing they can do to prevent this from happening again.
I am an EA with the irs, I'm sorry to hear this and first off call 18009084490 speak with identity theft department, irs will process your return but you have to file,in person at your local irs office, take your information along with your children's information so they can file it immediately for you and you refund wait period will take approximately 4 mon the because irs will contact the person who claimed them via mail if there is no phone number attached. I know you said you have full custody but do you have court documents stating only you can claim children for tax purposes? She has to have paid more than half of their support and lived with her at least 6 months of year. She has to prove she does both and if not she will have to pay back irs along with penalties and interest.
best advice I've read on here. Have you done what pineapple suggested?

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

The thing about my kids birth hole is she does not give 1 Fuck about anyone but herself and her daily heroin dealer.
Before my youngest son was born I moved out with my 2 children.
A femonths later we found out she was 6 months pregnant.
At this time she was full on Meth head. Disappeared. Got a call from the hospital that she's in labor.

My son was born 2 months premature and high on Meth. I flipped out and almost got arrested for trying to harm her.
Cps automatically is in involved. Gives me the kids in fear of danger from their mom.
A few hours she was gone from the hospital. Took off.
Filed for custody.
Filed a restraining order. She broke that violation the first 10 minutes of being served and was arrested with 9 charges.
Gets out. Brings a cop to my house to let her get her stuff.
Steals whatever baby stuff that has tags on them still so she can sell.
Never showed up for any custody hearing. I Won by default.
Gets 3 years probation. Never checks in.
Gets arrested at goodwill for shoplifting.
No charges. WTF?
Gets the option to choose which rehab facility she gets to go into.
Leaves the first night she is there.
Gone for a few months then gets arrested.
Gets 20 days in jail.
Here's the funny part.
Around Christmas Her probation officer calls me to ask if she can see the kids? Fuck no I said! Said she's doing really well. I laughed. 20 days clean and sober and you think she's doing good to see the kids?
She took off early in January and committed fraud and filed taxes under my kids.
Currently on warrant status.

So. I will not be seeing any child support, tax repayment. She does not give a flying Fuck.
She stole her mom's pain meds when she was on her death bed.
Lowest of low.

kevinn

kevinn

My son had the same problem last year when he tried to file on-line. Submission was not accepted. File by mail and forms were accepted and he got his return, no questions asked. Who knows, he might have to deal with it a couple of years, but at least he got his money that was due to him.

phoenixfire

phoenixfire

The thing about my kids birth hole is she does not give 1 Fuck about anyone but herself and her daily heroin dealer.
Before my youngest son was born I moved out with my 2 children.
A femonths later we found out she was 6 months pregnant.
At this time she was full on Meth head. Disappeared. Got a call from the hospital that she's in labor.

My son was born 2 months premature and high on Meth. I flipped out and almost got arrested for trying to harm her.
Cps automatically is in involved. Gives me the kids in fear of danger from their mom.
A few hours she was gone from the hospital. Took off.
Filed for custody.
Filed a restraining order. She broke that violation the first 10 minutes of being served and was arrested with 9 charges.
Gets out. Brings a cop to my house to let her get her stuff.
Steals whatever baby stuff that has tags on them still so she can sell.
Never showed up for any custody hearing. I Won by default.
Gets 3 years probation. Never checks in.
Gets arrested at goodwill for shoplifting.
No charges. WTF?
Gets the option to choose which rehab facility she gets to go into.
Leaves the first night she is there.
Gone for a few months then gets arrested.
Gets 20 days in jail.
Here's the funny part.
Around Christmas Her probation officer calls me to ask if she can see the kids? Fuck no I said! Said she's doing really well. I laughed. 20 days clean and sober and you think she's doing good to see the kids?
She took off early in January and committed fraud and filed taxes under my kids.
Currently on warrant status.

So. I will not be seeing any child support, tax repayment. She does not give a flying Fuck.
She stole her mom's pain meds when she was on her death bed.
Lowest of low.
At this point, try to gather your self, take steps pineapple suggested, don't depend on refunds, and neutralize the negative impact of the neglectful mother by not letting her reality become your reality. Find those boot straps and take care of your kids they way plenty of single mothers have. Heart can/has/will fill any insufficiency in your life.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Basically its identity theft and when that happens they can issue you a PIN# that you use as an identifier,never seen it done for your particular issue before but thats what form 14039 does and it makes sense i guess.After they issue you a PIN# you will enter it near your signature line on your return,there is a place for it, from then on and no return will be accepted without it.
What are the police going to do?Nothing,they know jack shit about tax law plus they have no authority.
IRS will not give you any info nor should they,its between them and the person breaking the rules(your Ex).
What you need to do is file your return through the mail,attach copies of judgement giving you full custody and proof the kids live with you more than 6 mos a year and they will take care of the rest,you will get your money but it will take a little longer than normal.This is something that is SUPER common and IRS deals with it all the time,they just need the info before they pass judgement on who filed the fraudulent return.Your tax person should know all this,DO NOT go to a franchise like liberty or h&r or you are screwing yourself, 99 3/4% of them know nothing about tax law.

Don Peppy

Don Peppy

Sounds like she's in contempt already. You can always file your own motion pro se, and ask for rule to show cause. Mucho cheaper then a lawyer. I done it a few times. Judges don't care for it much, but you have that right. I know you said you have custody of your kids. Is that sole custody, or joint? Hope you can get this loser in front of the judge soon. Sounds like your getting some solid advice here brother. Best to you and the kids.

ccWTF

ccWTF

Tax advice on a pot website???

As it turned out...Some really good advice was offered here.

Good luck Smokey

phoenixfire

phoenixfire

Tax advice on a pot website???

As it turned out...Some really good advice was offered here.

Good luck Smokey
I stand by everyone of my post
Get in where you fit in........advice is just what it is, advice won't get shit done. I'll be around for the follow up.
Best of wishes @Smokey503ski

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
The good thing is. I have family and friends that are helping me.
I'm getting over it the more I vent.
For the time being, I have everything covered. Things could be worse.

You should take a life insurance policy out on her. Sounds like a junkie with one foot in the grave already anyway. LOL! I hope you find the humor (and sense) in that Smokey!

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
damn bro all that sux - I know somebody this happened too - and like everyone said file by mail and you will get your scrill, just have to wait

as far as insurance if youre technically married still you could but if she died of an OD the insurance wouldn't pay out

phoenixfire

phoenixfire

It is if you consider the ROI......Jk

We are playing right? Anyhow peace and karma grease

P.s.
Children need the love of their mother even with priors, never underestimate the impact of triumph. To receive the love of a mother with flaws is unconditional love. I pray that the mother of your children defeat her demons now and in the after life.

Last edited:
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'm not so sure about that, phoenix. There's a whole lot I could say, but I'm just going to say that I am just not very sure about that. Kids need protecting more than anything, and early on they need stability in caregiving and caregivers. What these kids' mother is doing is not that and well may fuck them up for life if they didn't have such a good dad.

Top Bottom