Tc2's Indoor Grow Journal - Spider Farmer SF1000, HLG 100, Sun System HPS 150W

• Thread starter tomatoesarecooltoo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Dang, that's a steal for the volume.
I used it after getting salmonella, so I just bought a gallon, but I remember that being something like $30.
Wife uses it for hair and skin products as well and she's loyal to it.

Wow thats pretty incredible that it treats salmonella. Plant medicine is so powerful, I really need to learn more about it. Its a shame so much of that sort of knowledge has been destroyed by colonialism.

If it can save me from buying a 22$ bottle of clonex I suppose thats cool too.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Wow thats pretty incredible that it treats salmonella. Plant medicine is so powerful, I really need to learn more about it. Its a shame so much of that sort of knowledge has been destroyed by colonialism.

If it can save me from buying a 22$ bottle of clonex I suppose thats cool too.
IMG 20201207 233640593
IMG 20201207 233619867
IMG 20201207 233626654

🤷‍♂️🤷‍♀️🤷

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Killed 2 more males, so now the remaining plants are 2 confirmed females (one lemon chaze and 1 moab fem), 1 unconfirmed leaning female and 3 unconfirmed leaning male. So it looks like I might have to finish this run out with 3 plants. That would be 2 females found in 10 regular seeds, plus the 1 fem. Kind of a bummer.

Also my humidifier is broken and leaked water all over the floor all day. Luckily the humidity has not been dropping so bad, now that the plants are big enough to transpire a decent amount.

I have noticed temps going as low as 62F at night recently. My active in was running 24/7 unlike my active out which was on the temp controller, so now I have both on the temp controller. Hopefully they still kick on enough to run the room without co2. Maybe I will set up a little supplemental co2 brew kit as I have done in the past.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

How ya liking the light? Plants look great.

Thanks!

Originally I was running the sf1000 between two blurples. It was pretty obvious that the sf1000 was producing more light and less heat than the blurples.

Now I have a hlg 100 on the left the sf1000 on the right and a 150 watt hps in the middle. This setup is running much cooler even with the little bit of hps. I only switched over last friday, but I can see that the plants are growing less bunched up and more stemmy. I wanted to move away from the blurples either way, but the spider farmer did help convince me to stay with LED in general.

When it comes to the hlg vs the spider farmer, I really don't know until I see how they flower. The hlg seems a tiny bit brighter and the spider farmer is easier to dim.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks!

Originally I was running the sf1000 between two blurples. It was pretty obvious that the sf1000 was producing more light and less heat than the blurples.

Now I have a hlg 100 on the left the sf1000 on the right and a 150 watt hps in the middle. This setup is running much cooler even with the little bit of hps. I only switched over last friday, but I can see that the plants are growing less bunched up and more stemmy. I wanted to move away from the blurples either way, but the spider farmer did help convince me to stay with LED in general.

When it comes to the hlg vs the spider farmer, I really don't know until I see how they flower. The hlg seems a tiny bit brighter and the spider farmer is easier to dim.
If they are the same wattage probably won't see much difference. Prob a bit more heat from sf and maybe a little less life span but they grow well.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

When I potted up my two females, I forgot to do this old tomato trick I am fond of. Which is to bury an egg under the plant.

The lemon cheese plant I pollinated for these seeds was in a 15 gallon with 3 eggs and some worm compost at the bottom, and I never had to add dry or liquid ferts.

If I find any more females I will add an egg.

Last edited:
tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Changing the the intake to also run on the controller instead of 24/7 worked well, my temps were around 75 lights off instead of 62. My unconfirmed plants are fed up with their 1 gals and are slowing down a little. Tomorrow I will just take my favorite two up to 5 gals unsexed.

C22C5154 8D3C 4D3C A9AA 898FD6D38087
Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
When I potted up my two females, I forgot to do this old tomato trick I am fond of. Which is to bury an egg under the plant.

The lemon cheese plant I pollinated for these seeds was in a 15 gallon with 3 eggs and some worm compost at the bottom, and I never had to add dry or liquid ferts.

If I find any more females I will add an egg.
No Aspirin? 😁👍🍅

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Oh for blight huh. Don’t really have to deal with tomato blight much, I am in a dry climate and I keep them fed. I get a little if I grow them out of season and prune it off.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Oh for blight huh. Don’t really have to deal with tomato blight much, I am in a dry climate and I keep them fed. I get a little if I grow them out of season and prune it off.
An old urban legend around these parts says an aspirin in the hole with some egg shells and a fish head is all you need to grow the best tomatoes ever...I just happen to want to read peer reviewed papers before I do crazy shit like that lol 👍🌱😃

beluga

beluga

I mean... molasses sure has a stronghold in these parts. Not really all too much different and I'm sure all of it has a practicality.
Ol' grandpa Eustace did some crazy shit, but hell if his tomatoes weren't the best damn tomatoes you'd ever had.

Top Bottom